Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: To boo or not the boo?
"BOOOOO" + "WANKER! WANKER! WANKER!" all game and some guy throws cold coffee at him 57 22.98%
"BOOOOO" + "WANKER! WANKER! WANKER!" all game 17 6.85%
"BOOOOO" as he walks out of tunnel and maybe a few chants but all in all a let off 67 27.02%
Applause ex-manager 10 4.03%
"time to move on" 74 29.84%
moo 23 9.27%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-10-2021, 08:16 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
BFS or Roy until the end of the season.
Far too sensible (you have been listening to Danny Murphy, haven't you ?)
Old 20-10-2021, 08:25 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I forgot he was even our manager. I think it's safe to say i'm not holding the silly little grudge some on here are
His 18 games at Palace were his finest achievement - over 60% win percentage, far more than he managed at any other of his many clubs.
Old 20-10-2021, 08:40 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by X75 View Post
I left a job by mutual consent once. It means you've been sacked but to save face, for all concerned, the ambiguous term mutual consent is used. Basically they want to sack you and have to pay you off and you agree to go quietly if they pay the right amount. I suspect Bruce's pay off, is many, many more times the pittance I got :-)
In contrast, I’ve left 2 out of the three 3 jobs I’ve ever had by ‘mutual consent’. In both of those cases it was to save their blushes, not mine as it was me who handed in my resignation.
Old 20-10-2021, 08:49 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wouldn't be surprised if they go for an interim manager to guide them out of danger before the end of the season.

Could they appoint Roy or BFS before Saturday's game?!
Old 20-10-2021, 08:54 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if they go for an interim manager to guide them out of danger before the end of the season.

Could they appoint Roy or BFS before Saturday's game?!
The geordie meltdown would be something to behold
Old 20-10-2021, 09:07 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Favre is supposed to be an expert on bringing through young players, not pandering to a bunch of spoiled Euro brats.

First signing - Pogba ? second signing Ozil ? third signing Neymar ? fourth signing (presently on trial) Benzema ?
How much will they need to offer, to persuade the "Euro elite/marque/statement players" to the "lively" but "parky" north-east ?
Like a terrible Harlem Globetrotters of football. Close to zero prospect of Europe next season, so a lighter workload might swing it.
Old 20-10-2021, 09:10 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
Like a terrible Harlem Globetrotters of football. Close to zero prospect of Europe next season, so a lighter workload might swing it.
Going to take one hell of a PR job isn’t it.
Old 20-10-2021, 09:18 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
I don't remember anyone saying he couldn't work with Jordan, I think he jumped as soon as his stock was high and a 'bigger' job came along. I agree he had us playing superb football, we were all sitting rubbing our eyes in disbelief in the AW. I can't remember the opponents, but one game we were 3 or 4 ahead by half time.
Location was always an issue for him.
Old 20-10-2021, 09:39 PM

Lee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nothing this season (barring a Palace Cup win or is getting a place on a European tour) would give me more pleasure than Eddie Howe taking over at SJP and him relegating them.
Old 20-10-2021, 10:18 PM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
I don't remember anyone saying he couldn't work with Jordan, I think he jumped as soon as his stock was high and a 'bigger' job came along. I agree he had us playing superb football, we were all sitting rubbing our eyes in disbelief in the AW. I can't remember the opponents, but one game we were 3 or 4 ahead by half time.
The football we were playing under Bruce was some of the best we have ever seen, PV included.. We were simply playing people off the park.

I recall there was a disagreement in recruitment. Brice wanted to sign a centre back that was or had been on loan and Jordan wouldn't do it.

The picture was painted that Bruce was being unreasonable and therefore left when a better opportunity was presented.

Hindsight tells us that SJ is was a smarmy lying spin doctor. This is likely an early sign of the financial frailties that ultimately lead us to administration.

Highly likely SJ was difficult to work with as so many others have said down the line. Though this was SJs honeymoon period where everything he said and did was brought by us all hood line and sinker.

I think (much like Ian Wright) we were all left bitter because just how good we had been.

Trevor Francis (was it) never got close to the same team performances with the same squad thereafter.
Old 20-10-2021, 10:29 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Far too sensible (you have been listening to Danny Murphy, haven't you ?)
No I haven't. I just thought of two options that would really piss off the geordies.

BFS because he is BFS, who would likely jump at the chance of a quick few mill. And Roy, who would be too negative for their aspirations and too much like Bruce (despite being a logical choice). I would expect Roy's standards would mean he tells them to eff off anyway.
Old 20-10-2021, 10:57 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
BFS has already been Newcastle manager. He was there for the first half of the 2007/08 season.
Old 20-10-2021, 11:39 PM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace_burger View Post
The football we were playing under Bruce was some of the best we have ever seen, PV included.. We were simply playing people off the park.

I recall there was a disagreement in recruitment. Brice wanted to sign a centre back that was or had been on loan and Jordan wouldn't do it.

The picture was painted that Bruce was being unreasonable and therefore left when a better opportunity was presented.

Hindsight tells us that SJ is was a smarmy lying spin doctor. This is likely an early sign of the financial frailties that ultimately lead us to administration.

Highly likely SJ was difficult to work with as so many others have said down the line. Though this was SJs honeymoon period where everything he said and did was brought by us all hood line and sinker.

I think (much like Ian Wright) we were all left bitter because just how good we had been.

Trevor Francis (was it) never got close to the same team performances with the same squad thereafter.
Think it was Steve Vickers Bruce wanted to sign, but Jordan did his 'computer says no' bit.

We were playing some outstanding stuff. The win against Wolves where Kirovski got the winner was a heady moment in that run. It was an exciting spell, but as so often with Palace, a short-lived one!
Old 21-10-2021, 04:10 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatleboy View Post
It's all so childish isn't it.
Aren't most things that happen at football?
Old 21-10-2021, 04:26 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
In contrast, I’ve left 2 out of the three 3 jobs I’ve ever had by ‘mutual consent’. In both of those cases it was to save their blushes, not mine as it was me who handed in my resignation.
Which is why I posted earlier saying ( By mutual consent) could mean anything, and as you have very aptly put it , that is exactly the case , and is quite likely why it's been worded thus in Bruce's case .

Impervious to fvck bullets
Old 21-10-2021, 04:30 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
So why is this still open? Are people going to boo him in principle even though he won't be there?
Old 21-10-2021, 04:38 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
So why is this still open? Are people going to boo him in principle even though he won't be there?
Perhaps all corners of the ground can sing "Bruce Out" just for old times' sake?
Old 21-10-2021, 05:56 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Can we boo because they have taken away our chance to boo?
Old 21-10-2021, 05:59 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
Can we boo because they have taken away our chance to boo?
Yes I think we are entitled to be offended at this removal of our right to boo.
Old 21-10-2021, 06:49 PM

Diehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post
Perhaps all corners of the ground can sing "Bruce Out" just for old times' sake?

Please let this happen!