Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Closed Thread

Old 29-06-2022, 07:36 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by britabroad View Post
MAGA has outgrown Trump.

It is a cancer that has metastasized. Even if he goes, the trouble will continue as too many people who wanted power still need the same groups in society to retain power.
I think Trump honed into an underline of hated and bigotry that was always there. I live in the South and for years there has been contempt for anyone who is non-white. Trump just allowed them to speak their minds publicly and encouraged it. If he goes away it may go back underground.
Old 29-06-2022, 10:17 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I think Trump honed into an underline of hated and bigotry that was always there. I live in the South and for years there has been contempt for anyone who is non-white. Trump just allowed them to speak their minds publicly and encouraged it. If he goes away it may go back underground.
The hate came to the fore when Obama got elected, then it took off with trumps personnae (sp?) during his run for prez in 2015. People didnt know how widespread and somewhat organised it was.

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 29-06-2022, 10:18 PM

Gooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Hello. When did you start posting again?
A week or so ago, I think.

This is the new mellow me. I am going to try very hard not to be drawn into any silly arguments - I really am old enough to know better at this stage.
Old 29-06-2022, 10:22 PM

Gooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by britabroad View Post
MAGA has outgrown Trump.

It is a cancer that has metastasized. Even if he goes, the trouble will continue as too many people who wanted power still need the same groups in society to retain power.
I'm sure you're right but I'd still like to see him completely out of the picture. If only for my own sanity.

As soon as I so much as hear his stupid voice I feel that I'm in danger of putting my foot through the screen - he makes me feel physically ill.
Old 29-06-2022, 10:31 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooders View Post

This is the new mellow me. I am going to try very hard not to be drawn into any silly arguments - I really am old enough to know better at this stage.
No you’re not.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 29-06-2022, 10:37 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
No you’re not.
Yes he is.

Cricket wanker.
Old 29-06-2022, 10:40 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:

Well lets hope you have changed your bad attitude towards England...

Welcome back mate, pleased you are posting again.
Old 29-06-2022, 10:49 PM

Do you mean England the place or England the football team, Les?

Either way, I'm not sure I can help you.
Old 29-06-2022, 10:55 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Do you mean England the place or England the football team, Les?

Either way, I'm not sure I can help you.
Good,Gooders
Old 29-06-2022, 11:16 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
The always erudite view of Joe Bennett. Mind you, it might be better on the Supreme Court thread:
"To view the link you have to Register or Login Both Hitler and Mussolini were elected. Once you've elected a fascist, however, it's hard to get rid of them because the only aim of fascism is power...

When voted out of office in 2020, Trump tried to retain power in the best fascist tradition. His coup failed, but not by much. Had January 6th succeeded, every subsequent election would have been rigged to deliver a win for Trump. Or for his son or daughter. And we would have witnessed the textbook fascist takeover of a democratic state."

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 30-06-2022, 02:47 AM

NickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hong_kong_hg View Post
On the contrary what was presented was *first hand* testimony volunteered *under oath*.

If any of it is false then Mark Meadows, Donald Trump, Pat Cipollone, Jim Jordan, Kevin McCarthy, Roger Stone, Mike Flynn and all the many others implicated will drop the consciousness of guilt exhibited so far by refusing to provide depositions or taking the fifth and will volunteer to provide their own testimony under oath, right. Right?
It was still hearsay, as she heard someone else say something. As I stated, just because it was hearsay doesn’t mean it is inadmissible as was being claimed. I pointed out the federal rules of evidence allow hearsay to be used in a range of circumstances. So I am confused to your point.
Old 30-06-2022, 03:29 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
The point above of Trump giving 'hate' a seemingly legitimate voice is aided enormously by social media. Any grunt can post just about anything and not have to take responsability for it. Facebook, for one, has a very poor record on this. To the point that I suspect they might be partly responsable for churning out, easy to share, memes and fake news.

Throw in the cesspit that is twitter.

It is not that these people can or can't debate. It is more that they will never want to. They are there expecting to get legions agreeing with all the shit they post.

That's true for The USA, Brexit, immigrants, everything. There is no critical thinking - it's just people shouting their hate. You have people sharing memes laughing at immigrants drowning in the Channel, and no doubt suffocating in trucks in Texas.

Bone-headed grunts sharing stuff created issiduously for a purpose. And the move from site to site on the internet trying to spread their message. That includes the clever ones that appear on the BBS from time to time. They pretend to want to debate, or often pretend to want answers/stats/data or not understand something, pretend to be undecided or neutral - but they have their own agenda or possibly someone else's agenda.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 30-06-2022, 05:05 AM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
The thing about Trump is that it's not only about hate.

His response to any opponent or criticism about anything is to attack and belittle the person making it, rather than engage with the substance in any way. And he does this every single time. It deliberately diverts attention away from the substance, creates a narrative where the emphasis then becomes about defending and justifying the credibility of the accuser whilst letting him off scot free, and it also demonstrates his own total inability or unwillingness to argue in favour of his own behaviour.

Putin does this too. And so does Johnson. It's entirely undemocratic because it eliminates accountability.
Old 30-06-2022, 05:17 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Plus Orban, Bolsinaro, Erdogan and Xi.

Although Xi, Putin and MBS are probably still in a different category altogether as belittling people means chopping them up directly.
Old 30-06-2022, 06:40 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Secret Service denying the steering wheel grab incident ever happened and will testify under oath it didn’t.
Old 30-06-2022, 06:42 AM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Plus Orban, Bolsinaro, Erdogan and Xi.

Although Xi, Putin and MBS are probably still in a different category altogether as belittling people means chopping them up directly.
Indeed, there's a lot of it about.
Old 30-06-2022, 08:14 AM

RednBlue is like ice, their footing does betrayRednBlue is like ice, their footing does betrayRednBlue is like ice, their footing does betrayRednBlue is like ice, their footing does betrayRednBlue is like ice, their footing does betrayRednBlue is like ice, their footing does betrayRednBlue is like ice, their footing does betrayRednBlue is like ice, their footing does betrayRednBlue is like ice, their footing does betrayRednBlue is like ice, their footing does betrayRednBlue is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:

Good to hear from you again.
Old 30-06-2022, 08:55 AM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Secret Service denying the steering wheel grab incident ever happened and will testify under oath it didn’t.
I think they’re only refuting that he grabbed the steering wheel or the agent, not the whole incident.

If that’s the only thing they’ll push back on then Trump’s in trouble.
Old 30-06-2022, 11:08 AM

NickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Let’s see what they say under oath, and whether the key part of the story is true: Trump wanted them to take him back to the rally. They’ve avoided testifying in public, as they know gossip is a bad look for them, but they can be asked about all kinds of other things.

The other part is that the hearsay originates with another Trump aide who has also refused to testify. If he wants to clear up the story he too will have to answer other questions under oath.

Whether the original bit of gossip was true or not is, therefore, moot as anyone turning up to refute it will be faced with other, more important, questions.
Old 30-06-2022, 11:11 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
They’ll “take the fifth”.