Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 29-06-2018, 07:37 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post

Also interesting is seeing how quickly the media mood has flipped into a lot of questions and doubt now following last night. It always has been a thankless task and it's not difficult to understand why managing or playing for your country is so stressful and almost an unwanted burden
Horrible scum. Whenever im feeling gutted about Wilf not playing for England i think about how they are with players and managers and then i feel better.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 29-06-2018, 07:58 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Horrible scum. Whenever im feeling gutted about Wilf not playing for England i think about how they are with players and managers and then i feel better.
World cups are for players like Wilf absolutely sickening not to see him there.
Old 29-06-2018, 08:02 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
World cups are for players like Wilf absolutely sickening not to see him there.
Nice that our scum media wont ruin him though.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 29-06-2018, 09:03 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindfield Eagle View Post
Last night crying out for a Shelvey or dare I say it, Wiltshere. Someone creative was needed and someone to take chances with a pass.
Yes I hate to say it but we've only really played 25 minutes or so of good football and that's down to the lack of a creative player in large part. Not picking one of those guys was a mistake, makes it even worse that Delph is buggering off for a few days when we could've picked a play maker who would've been there the whole time.

I think there's probably enough about the squad to compensate for the lack of a playmaker but does Southgate have the nous to craft a team that does effectively do this? I'm not sure..
Old 29-06-2018, 10:11 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Belgiums substitutes could win the prem league! I love the England passing. Haven't seen them with that kind of possession in years, however, if you don't stuff it in the net, it don't mean much. Alexander-arnold doesn't impress me, neither did vardy or ashford. Seen them both play better but i think they missed the creativity of sterling and Allie, and of course Kane. No idea why Stones came off for Maguire. Would've subbed A-A myself. Obviously players being rested on both teams, but I wonder if they had an eye on who their next oppo was and not seeing much difference. Different styles between Japan and Columbia, but not necessarily a huge threat maybe. I think we shored up our defense yesterday, but weakened our offense. Haven't seen the schedule lately so no idea who we could potentially play if we go thru.

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 30-06-2018, 05:15 AM

sky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
The media have never liked him, and they'd be on his back at the slightest excuse. It's sad he's not there, but he's saved himself a lot of grief. Apparently they love him in the Ivory Coast.
Old 30-06-2018, 08:13 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgins View Post
Belgiums substitutes could win the prem league! I love the England passing. Haven't seen them with that kind of possession in years, however, if you don't stuff it in the net, it don't mean much. Alexander-arnold doesn't impress me, neither did vardy or ashford. Seen them both play better but i think they missed the creativity of sterling and Allie, and of course Kane. No idea why Stones came off for Maguire. Would've subbed A-A myself. Obviously players being rested on both teams, but I wonder if they had an eye on who their next oppo was and not seeing much difference. Different styles between Japan and Columbia, but not necessarily a huge threat maybe. I think we shored up our defense yesterday, but weakened our offense. Haven't seen the schedule lately so no idea who we could potentially play if we go thru.
Agree re the players you mention although I thought Maguire came off to rest Stones rather than to win the game - I.e. Played half a game each to retain the formation.

Re the team picked etc., I have listened to a couple of things with normally impressive pundits and journalists chewing over the team choice and being deflated with the defeat and so on and I would say having lost a bit of confidence in the team and the Manager albeit hesitant to shout that out too loud.

Having listened to them I think they are probably over thinking things. Southgate had I think 3 things to weigh up having qualified before KO:

1 - A chance to rest key players in what can be a gruelling tournament if you get past the next round and avoid bookings/suspensions and give us best chance of winning the next game.
2 - A chance to keep the 'momentum' and confidence high by perhaps beating a second string Belgium with first choice team
3 - To attempt to manipulate an easier oath through the competition

The first is a real and tangible issue that could materially impact the players/team.

The second is TBH a minor factor on the pitch against Colombia and more an issue for Southgate and the press who lsaid be writing this stuff. These are 'hungry' professional footballers and they won't be thinking about their backups loss at all. TBH it's pretty meaningless because he didn't pick the. first team. Actually, the only way it might have had an impact is if he had played the first team and they had lost to a second string

The third, Southgate discounted publicly and meant it. It's ludicrous to pick routes to the final when we haven't got past the first knockout round for yonks.

So it wasn't a tough decision but in the same way that Kane sitting this one out rather than selfishly chasing the golden boot was the right thing, Southgate taking the hit was the right choice and TBH there was no guarantee we would lose anyway and if Rashford had finished, we would have drawn.

So, back to the journalists, I was a bit surprised that their conclusion seemed to be major doubt and to a large extent, polishing up their rifles for the shooting squad if we lose and they will inevitably cite this as a key reason if we do lose. I should add that there was just one voice of reason (journalist) but didn't pick up on who he was unfortunately.
Old 30-06-2018, 08:40 AM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky dancer View Post
The media have never liked him, and they'd be on his back at the slightest excuse. It's sad he's not there, but he's saved himself a lot of grief. Apparently they love him in the Ivory Coast.
Yeah I'm not surprised. Shame our media don't have tusks really.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 30-06-2018, 11:39 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Agree re the players you mention although I thought Maguire came off to rest Stones rather than to win the game - I.e. Played half a game each to retain the formation.

Re the team picked etc., I have listened to a couple of things with normally impressive pundits and journalists chewing over the team choice and being deflated with the defeat and so on and I would say having lost a bit of confidence in the team and the Manager albeit hesitant to shout that out too loud.

Having listened to them I think they are probably over thinking things. Southgate had I think 3 things to weigh up having qualified before KO:

1 - A chance to rest key players in what can be a gruelling tournament if you get past the next round and avoid bookings/suspensions and give us best chance of winning the next game.
2 - A chance to keep the 'momentum' and confidence high by perhaps beating a second string Belgium with first choice team
3 - To attempt to manipulate an easier oath through the competition

The first is a real and tangible issue that could materially impact the players/team.

The second is TBH a minor factor on the pitch against Colombia and more an issue for Southgate and the press who lsaid be writing this stuff. These are 'hungry' professional footballers and they won't be thinking about their backups loss at all. TBH it's pretty meaningless because he didn't pick the. first team. Actually, the only way it might have had an impact is if he had played the first team and they had lost to a second string

The third, Southgate discounted publicly and meant it. It's ludicrous to pick routes to the final when we haven't got past the first knockout round for yonks.

So it wasn't a tough decision but in the same way that Kane sitting this one out rather than selfishly chasing the golden boot was the right thing, Southgate taking the hit was the right choice and TBH there was no guarantee we would lose anyway and if Rashford had finished, we would have drawn.

So, back to the journalists, I was a bit surprised that their conclusion seemed to be major doubt and to a large extent, polishing up their rifles for the shooting squad if we lose and they will inevitably cite this as a key reason if we do lose. I should add that there was just one voice of reason (journalist) but didn't pick up on who he was unfortunately.
Good post. The one thing I would add is the weather. Rostov on Monday is gonna be 30+ degrees. Moscow will be 18 on Tuesday evening. We can press Colombia like a a Premier league game in those conditions.

I'm sure we didn't plan to lose. But losing was beneficial. This "momentum" thing is guff.