Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 05-07-2018, 12:44 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Poured really quickly and handed over immediately, knocking some onto his hand, without an apology, and an overly pleasant ‘yes mate, what would you like?’ to the next customer
And you can fook right off.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:44 PM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
My manager is Scottish (although lived down here for over half his life, he’s 55) and wanted England to win. I think it’s very one sided with the Scottish. I have to say, i want them to qualify for major competitions. It makes a better spectacle when the home nations are in it, and Ireland. I guess to me it’s like Palace and Charlton. They hate us but we just consider them an annoying shit stuck to a leaf on the sole of your boot.
England - Palace rivals analogies.

Scotland/Brighton - the original enemy, long periods of being far below us but will never go away. Tendency to produce more than their fair share of comedy players.

Germany/Millwall - just very unlikable and not the funnest chaps in the world. More concerned with other sides than us (Holland/West Ham), Supporters have poor dress sense and dodgy politics which tbf the Germans grew out of 70 years ago (still waiting on Millwall).

Ireland/Charlton - they hate us but they are a minor irritant to us. Had a brief glory period where they genuinely punched above their weight and did really well but not heard much from them for ages. Flexible addresses.

France/Chelsea - blue, flashy, posh, slappable, probably don't care about us that much.

Australia/AFC Wimbledon - silly upstarts, forced to leave their homes, not really on our radar (yet).
Old 05-07-2018, 12:48 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
And you can fook right off.
‘For that, I’m going to have to ask you to stay’
Old 05-07-2018, 12:48 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
Ireland/Charlton - they hate us but they are a minor irritant to us. Had a brief glory period where they genuinely punched above their weight and did really well but not heard much from them for ages. Flexible addresses.
Ireland don't hate engerland. We just enjoy beating you. And I can't remember the last time engerland beat Ireland in the football. Must be back in the 80's I'm guessing.

As for the minor irritant line, "No surrender" anyone? Engerland (& the North of Ireland) are the only football 'fans' that have given me shite and acted like divs because I support Ireland.

The flexible addresses line is very well played though.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:52 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanbareWashi View Post
My possibly biased view of the match was that Columbia realised after 15 minutes that we were going to outplay them and so resorted to dirty tactics to try and put us off our game. I think their tactics almost paid off when they got their equaliser. The first half of extra time they played their best football as we had to readjust to the team changes. They then sat back again in the second half of extra time, expecting to beat us on penalties.
Yes, agree on all points
Old 05-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
And be that extra chilled stuff.
Ooh! Am I wrong if I prefer the extra chilled version?

I am no Guiness expert, only drink the stuff if there is no decent ale
Old 05-07-2018, 01:12 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanbareWashi View Post
My possibly biased view of the match was that Columbia realised after 15 minutes that we were going to outplay them and so resorted to dirty tactics to try and put us off our game. I think their tactics almost paid off when they got their equaliser. The first half of extra time they played their best football as we had to readjust to the team changes. They then sat back again in the second half of extra time, expecting to beat us on penalties.
Maybe, but here's an alternative:

They believed the England hype and were desperate to get a result. When we came fast out of the traps and played pretty well, they panicked a bit, and resorted to the usual South American nonsense. After the game settled down, and England (as usual), lost momentum and started to trick around across the back, they realised that we weren't all that, and began to show their (undeniable) qualities. They had more and better chances, and our subs added nothing much. The best part of our game was the efficient penalty shoot-out.
The punditry gave all of our players good scores, but we know that England actually had a mixture of good performances and underperformance/players going missing - a range of 4-8 would have been more honest player scores.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:22 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
How clear was your head? Engerland players were throwing themselves to the floor at the slightest touches, were also involved in needle such as Trippier giving verbals to more than one player, Henderson threw a shite headbutt, but a headbutt all the same to get booked, Maguire's comedy dive trying to win a penalty before he realised he hadn't been touched & he practically reffed that game too. His hilarious 'Give us a Clue' VAR & headbutt routine would drive you lot wild screaming for a booking if a Colombian did it.

Both sides were at it, with the Colombians tip-toeing into the darker arts slightly more.

And before the usual suspects come on and call me names and a begrudger etc. I don't support either side so can look at it objectively.
This is what happened.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:26 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Poured really quickly and handed over immediately, knocking some onto his hand, without an apology, and an overly pleasant ‘yes mate, what would you like?’ to the next customer
With a shamrock in the froth.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Ooh! Am I wrong if I prefer the extra chilled version?

I am no Guiness expert, only drink the stuff if there is no decent ale
A person should be able to drink whatever they want without criticism. We are all different. My personal taste is that extra cold Guinness is an abomination.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
With a shamrock in the froth.
FFS. You lot are a big bunch of bullies.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:32 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Two thumbs fresh!

Old 08-07-2018, 02:13 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Just watching the last bits again and the amazing Pickford save in the last minute in open play (might have gone wide) was from an astonishing strike from Uribe, who hit the bar in the shootout and handed the game to us. Fine margins Barry!