Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 23-07-2018, 07:31 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
Nope, the preliminary idea is for 16 groups of 3. With the top 2 from each group advancing to the knockouts. Seems utterly ridiculous to me but FIFA is in desperate need of more money.
That sounds utterly horrendous. So now not only will the quality of the tournament be lessened, but you’re going to end up with at least 3 or 4 games where a draw will suit both teams like Austria - West Germany in 82.

FIFA are ******* morons.
Old 24-07-2018, 12:18 AM
Perchance to sleep

Hibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
That sounds utterly horrendous. So now not only will the quality of the tournament be lessened, but you’re going to end up with at least 3 or 4 games where a draw will suit both teams like Austria - West Germany in 82.

FIFA are ******* morons.
An Epiphany can sometimes be as bad as it can be good.

Sorry for your loss
Old 24-07-2018, 08:23 PM
Can't re member

Jules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is here
I've always wondered why they don't just do it more often. I'd be happy with a World Cup every few weeks.
Old 25-07-2018, 02:11 PM
face and voice for radio

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
I think they only need 8 as they all wouldn't be playing on the same day, but take your point. For 16 teams and their fans, they would be playing twice then going home.
If it's only 8, it could be held in London and its environs.
Old 25-07-2018, 02:22 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
If it's only 8, it could be held in London and its environs.
I'm guessing it's 8 mind. Think Russia only used 8 or so and it was great. Mind you they were only entertaining 31 countries and it's a big big country. Not sure how Qatar could cope with 47.
Old 25-07-2018, 10:50 PM
face and voice for radio

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm guessing it's 8 mind. Think Russia only used 8 or so and it was great. Mind you they were only entertaining 31 countries and it's a big big country. Not sure how Qatar could cope with 47.
Qatar will be bad. Spraying beer just before Christmas is a different proposition to doing it in June.
Old 26-07-2018, 08:15 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Qatar will be bad. Spraying beer just before Christmas is a different proposition to doing it in June.
Will try to keep an open mind about it but the logistics, number of teams, and time of year all seem wrong to me. Still, hopefully it will be better than no world cup at all. Imagine if that xenophobic russophobic **** Boris Johnson had successfully pulled us out of the Russian World Cup. I'd have been livid with the twat.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 26-07-2018, 10:30 AM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
I will hopefully be retiring around the time of the next World Cup. Going to Qatar seems like good idea ,is it stupidly expensive though?
Old 26-07-2018, 09:24 PM
face and voice for radio

Quote:
Will try to keep an open mind about it but the logistics, number of teams, and time of year all seem wrong to me. Still, hopefully it will be better than no world cup at all. Imagine if that xenophobic russophobic **** Boris Johnson had successfully pulled us out of the Russian World Cup. I'd have been livid with the twat.
You get livid with the twat on general principles. It shouldn't require a boycott.

I won't be going to Qatar.
Old 26-07-2018, 09:26 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
You get livid with the twat on general principles. It shouldn't require a boycott.

I won't be going to Qatar.
Me neither. Long way to go for 2 matches.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 30-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is here
The world cup still may not end up in Qatar. Australia might still get it.
Old 30-07-2018, 09:54 PM
face and voice for radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieEagle View Post
It will end up in Qatar despite how hard we have to hold our noses:

The alleged malfeasance was a breach of the bid document. However, subsequent to the award the tournament was moved to the winter. So to the extent that anybody actually read the bid document before they voted and dodn't vote for other reasons there's a move already.

The other more prescient point is that however half-arsed, FIFA have had an investigation and cleaned house as a consequence. Aren't 11 of those who voted either facing charges of, or have been convicted either by FIFA or criminally of corruption?

Given this, should the World Cup be taken from Qatar, or I think even if their is a move to co-host, FIFA would be sued out of existence. We may think that would be a good thing but FIFA aren't that brave or indeed that stupid.

It's true, the Aussie FA, or the Aussie bid committee could bring an action against FIFA - but under which jurisdiction and at what cost to themselves? I think their FIFA membership is contingent on not suing FIFA and to be honest they have had ample opportunity to do so to date on much more serious pretexts but have yet to do so. The other victim was USA and its notable that its the FBI who led the criminal charge, and this is where the major sponsors live, yet they too haven't taken action against FIFA over the bid - and you can read what you like into the award of the 2026 tournament.

So its November in the sand-pit however distasteful.
Old 30-07-2018, 10:05 PM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
hmmm.... watch the World Cup or go Christmas shopping with the missus???
Old 31-07-2018, 10:22 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieEagle View Post
God I hope so. But it wont.

Couldn't make Russia this time but will actively give Qatar a swerve. Dreadful p!ace, terribly price in human life hosting it. And it will be a soulless awful experience.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:42 PM
face and voice for radio

The FA are now considering bidding for the 2030 World Cup, but the article suggests strong competition from Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay to mark the centenary of the first World Cup.

I was under the impression there was a rotation policy - i.e. the same confederation cannot hold to World Cup's running. Then I noticed that the 2026 World Cup in North America was CONCACAF and South America is CONMEBAL. But then Mexico (2) the United States (2) and Argentina (1) have hosted the tournament since we did last and we have the infrastructure to hold the tournament tomorrow.

Indeed, without much thought I can think of 20 stadia now and another 5 planned in the UK which hold 35,000 so on this basis FIFA could have a 150 team tournament.

Whenever they are ready....
Old 01-08-2018, 06:58 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
A World Cup in Argentina and Uruguay would be awesome though.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:22 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
A World Cup in Argentina and Uruguay would be awesome though.
Yeah, be difficult to get to for a quick trip but great prospect football wise.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:02 PM
face and voice for radio

Fine, They can have it in 2034