Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

View Poll Results: How much do you care about England compared to Palace?
More than Palace 1 0.55%
The same 22 12.15%
Less than Palace 76 41.99%
Couldn’t give a toss compared to Palace 80 44.20%
Moo 2 1.10%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2018, 11:58 AM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Is that not true to a large extent though with star players who play for other national teams?
To an extent, I suppose every national side is on a spectrum with respect to the players avilable to them and a desire to shoehorn the best players in to an 11 regardless of how well suited they are to their roles.

But I think England are at an extreme end of this. We saw Messi struggle in this world cup because for his national team he's surounded by lessor players than he plays with at Barcelona. The difference is that Messi is the best player in the Barcelona team and the best player in his national team. The real issue is that the Argentina coach couldn't use Messi in his team.

Which England players are the best at their respective clubs? Kane? Who else? None of the England sqaud significantly elevates their club teams the way Messi, Modric, Ronaldo, De bruyne et al add to their clubs.

Lingard and Alli play very similar positions and yet they were both played in this England team. It reminds me of when Gerrard and Lampard were played in the same team. The focus then is of whether they can play together but the real focus should be that if you have to very similar players playing very similar roles what are you leaving out? Alli and Lingard both want to be passed the ball near the area - but there was no one to pass it. Gerrard and Lampard both wanted to drive from deep but then their was no one behind them to screen or no one beside them to run intelligently off the ball.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:59 AM
Banned by Moderators

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Is that not true to a large extent though with star players who play for other national teams?
Are you including Messi? And the difference is the players referred to aren't the real stars....they shine because of players around them and how they are used. Too many England players are shoe horned in to team just to accommodate. As with Lampard and Gerrard. Best players? Or best team?

Last edited by Lombardo's hair; 12-07-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:12 PM

bloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Don't really care about England, and I've cared a lot less since we got promoted again. Might not be a popular opinion here, but when I see the England team I just see a lot of players I generally dislike.

I look at Dele Alli and remember him stamping on Cabaye. I'm a little bitter about that worldie he scored at Selhurst. I look at Lingard and think back to the FA cup final, just brings back bad memories. Bitter again. Ashley young is a wanker, and so on.

The whole Zaha and Moses thing is another issue too (although more Zaha and less Moses)

I guess to sum it up, i'm a grumpy git and I wish we saw more of RLC
Old 14-07-2018, 01:39 PM

exiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
had Wilf been involved I would feel a little different....
Old 14-07-2018, 02:36 PM
Since 1905

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Although I've lived in Greater London / South East my entire life, DNA wise I am 50% Glaswegian, 50% Midlander. Never considered myself anything other than British and if there was a British team I would definitely support them more than Palace. Country should always be before club.
As it is I find it hard to get genuinely excited about the component England / Scotland / Wales / Northern Ireland / Gilbratar teams). I back them at most tournaments but when Swedes/Germans/Italians are in charge admit want them to lose.
Old 14-07-2018, 08:18 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Both the same for me, but then I travel to watch both teams. You will always care more about a team (simply because of the time, money and commitment needed) when you put the miles in to watch them home and away versus watching on TV, so I get why Palace fans who maybe don't watch many England games live will care more about Palace than England.
Old 25-01-2020, 03:21 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle1 View Post
had Wilf been involved I would feel a little different....
This.