Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 27-06-2018, 11:16 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
We are going to win world cup

I’m not worried by Brazil. We’d be mad to
surrender momentum and lose just to avoid them.
Old 27-06-2018, 11:25 PM
Banned by Moderators

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
England should play its strongest team against Belgium and play a weakened one in the round of 16.

That way we'll be nice and fresh for the quarter final.
Old 27-06-2018, 11:40 PM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
Play to win winning is a good habit.
Old 27-06-2018, 11:44 PM

Danny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is here
Am I the only person who saw the title of this thread and immediately thought of Rambo1?
Old 28-06-2018, 12:20 AM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
I think this is right ...

If we finish above Belgium and top the group
We then play Japan, Senegal or Colombia
If we win that game, we play winner of Brazil v Mexico, so probably Brazil

If we finish below Belgium, 2nd in the group
If we win that game, we play winner of Sweden v Switzerland

Brazil are definitely harder to beat than Sweden or Switzerland, so finishing below Belgium is preferable
Old 28-06-2018, 12:34 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
All this talk about Brazil just makes me certain than we'll get knocked out by Japan next round
Old 28-06-2018, 12:35 AM
Converting the heretics!

Micky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If winning the group means avoiding Columbia, I'd take that, Should we actually be afraid of Brazil?
Old 28-06-2018, 12:41 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott View Post
Does this mean England and Belgium will both be trying to lose tomorrow to avoid Brazil in the 1/4 final? Could be a strange match.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
On January 27, 1994, the Barbados national football team and Grenada national football team played against each other as part of the qualification round for the 1994 Caribbean Cup. Due to an unusual scoring rule, as well as the two teams' respective positions in the tournament, it was alternately in Barbados's, then Grenada's, best interest to score an own goal. The result has been described as "one of the strangest football matches ever"
Now the game was at 2–2, with just three minutes of normal time left. The Grenadian players caught on to Barbados's plan, and realized that they would advance in the tournament by scoring a goal in either net. This left the match in the highly unusual position of no clear side of the field for one team versus the other, but rather one team trying to score a goal in either net, and the other team trying to defend both. For the next three minutes, Barbadian players successfully defended both sides. Still tied at 2–2, the game went on to extra-time, where the winning "Golden Goal" would count double — so Barbados only had to score once to qualify for the 1994 Caribbean Cup. Thorne scored the winner for Barbados and they advanced to the next round.
Old 28-06-2018, 12:45 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky Spilane View Post
If winning the group means avoiding Columbia, I'd take that, Should we actually be afraid of Brazil?
I would certainly like to avoid Colombia, to me they look like one of the strongest teams at the World Cup.

I am loving the fact that Uruguay, Belgium, Croatia and Colombia are looking better than Brazil, Germany and Argentina. And Holland and Italy aren't even there.

There are about 10 teams that could win it it seems.

Have to say so far this has been the best World Cup I can remember watching. 1978 being the first one I can remember properly watching from start to Archie Gemmil finish.
Old 28-06-2018, 12:55 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
No, we should be afraid of England and how they are going to break our hearts one picosecond after first daring to believe...
Old 28-06-2018, 01:02 AM
Banned by Moderators

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
No, we should be afraid of England and how they are going to break our hearts one picosecond after first daring to believe...
Is the right answer
Old 28-06-2018, 03:55 AM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
All this talk about Brazil just makes me certain than we'll get knocked out by Japan next round
Japan have looked good so far
Old 28-06-2018, 04:48 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
I do hope you are not THE Southgate?!

That’s akin to a frank de Boer team talk!
Old 28-06-2018, 01:26 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Am I the only one impressed by Brazil so far? In stark contrast to the Brazil sides of the past two tournaments, they actually have solidity and structure with Casemiro, Fernandinho, Paulinho etc providing steel. And always have the tools to open up teams and hurt them up front. I have a feeling some people may not be impressed just because they aren’t playing with the flair people associate them with. Unlike Belgium or Uruguay too, they’ve actually played decent teams.
Old 28-06-2018, 01:34 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I would certainly like to avoid Colombia, to me they look like one of the strongest teams at the World Cup.

I am loving the fact that Uruguay, Belgium, Croatia and Colombia are looking better than Brazil, Germany and Argentina. And Holland and Italy aren't even there.

There are about 10 teams that could win it it seems.

Have to say so far this has been the best World Cup I can remember watching. 1978 being the first one I can remember properly watching from start to Archie Gemmil finish.
'74 was a great World Cup. As is this, so far.
Old 28-06-2018, 02:52 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
I think this is right ...

If we finish above Belgium and top the group
If we win that game, we play winner of Brazil v Mexico, so probably Brazil

If we finish below Belgium, 2nd in the group
If we win that game, we play winner of Sweden v Switzerland

Brazil are definitely harder to beat than Sweden or Switzerland, so finishing below Belgium is preferable
But whichever of Japan, Senegal or Colombia win their group will be harder to beat than the team which comes second. And if we don't win our last 16 match, it doesn't really matter who we might have played in the quarter final.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 28-06-2018, 11:05 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
After watching today's game, I can't help but feel that if England was a band they would be called Harry Kane and the Placeholders. Everyone else is perfectly adequate but he's the only guy with a cutting edge.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 29-06-2018, 12:24 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I don't mean this to be as negative as I think it will sound because I really do think things are heading in the right direction and Southgate has already earned a longer shot at this for me but....

The back 4 are really far too flaky for us to succeed unless we really do ride our luck. Maguire, Walker and Stones at CB are always going to make mistakes and Pickford really isn't as good as his hype. These comments have nothing to do with this evening btw. Pickford can have blinders but he really isn't good enough for England first choice at this point. The strength is in the ones in front of them and we have to hope they do the trick if we are to progress. So Southgate's urging to be bold and play their football makes a lot of sense because we really aren't equipped to sit deep and defend.

Walker is excellent at RB but at CB he is possibly our most reliable one because the others slip up so often. Maguire looks exciting because he steps forward as does Stones but crikey they are flaky defensively and decision making is scary at times. Without Henderson in front they are a liability and TBH that might not be enough. Great going forward but.....

I am still quite chuffed with how they have done and looking forward to more next week but we shouldn't get carried away.
Old 29-06-2018, 07:37 AM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
That is about right. An appealing work in progress, but there’s a reason we’ve conceded in every game. We will do very well to get past Colombia, who must be favourites. We’ll need at least three goals to do so, I reckon.
Old 29-06-2018, 07:56 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I don't mean this to be as negative as I think it will sound because I really do think things are heading in the right direction and Southgate has already earned a longer shot at this for me but....

The back 4 are really far too flaky for us to succeed unless we really do ride our luck. Maguire, Walker and Stones at CB are always going to make mistakes and Pickford really isn't as good as his hype. These comments have nothing to do with this evening btw. Pickford can have blinders but he really isn't good enough for England first choice at this point. The strength is in the ones in front of them and we have to hope they do the trick if we are to progress. So Southgate's urging to be bold and play their football makes a lot of sense because we really aren't equipped to sit deep and defend.

Walker is excellent at RB but at CB he is possibly our most reliable one because the others slip up so often. Maguire looks exciting because he steps forward as does Stones but crikey they are flaky defensively and decision making is scary at times. Without Henderson in front they are a liability and TBH that might not be enough. Great going forward but.....

I am still quite chuffed with how they have done and looking forward to more next week but we shouldn't get carried away.
To be honest 'Picky blinder' is a great headline when he does have one.

Like you I don't think the England defence is anywhere near good enough to win a world cup but I guess if we can keep scoring maybe we can make the semis. Some very decent sides in the last 16. Just depends who can keep it together for 4 matches now.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.