Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

View Poll Results: Where are England knocked-out?
Group Stage 6 6.90%
Round of 16 27 31.03%
Quarters 33 37.93%
Fourth 9 10.34%
Third 4 4.60%
Runners-up 0 0%
Winners! 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2018, 12:24 AM
Vast slug.

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Predict England's (potential) lack of progress.

So how far can Southgate take this mob?

Will you be glued to the box for every England match or give most of them a swerve?

I think they will get to the round of 16. For the first time in my lifetime I am not convinced by any of our centre-backs and we will come unstuck. I also think Gareth will play Hart and he is always likely to make a howler at least once every three matches.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:24 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Eh, I’ll be optimistic and say quarters. Qualify from the group (which I think we will), and we’ll be playing Colombia, Poland, Senegal or Japan. The former two are good sides, and Senegal ain't bad either, but I’d back us to win if Kane is on form, which I think he will be. Then comprehensively beaten in the quarters by a top side.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:26 AM

KentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Poland or Colombia to knock us out in the round of 16, 2nd in the group behind Belgium.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:59 AM
BTC

Far East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is here
There is always a darkhorse and we're as black as it gets this time. Good young team, just need to get lucky with the draw and hoping the 'bigger' nations get knocked out or aren't at the top of their game.

Last edited by Far East Eagle; 12-05-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:29 AM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
I will watch but certainly won't be as pissed off if we lose as I am when Palace do.
We will probably make the last 16.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Vast slug.

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
I am hoping that they play with a bit of style. Unlikely we are going to win it, especially in a Pulis or Italian type fashion.

Just play in a Premier League way. Not too bad humidity wise over there, so get at them and play at pace.

Care nowhere near as much about the world cup as I used too but hoping for a lot of entertainment, especially from England!
Old 12-05-2018, 10:49 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
How far England progress in Championships is always impossible to predict as we have seen previously, this time much will depend on Kane being back to his best as he can produce a goal from nothing to win games.
The other factor will be getting Deli Alli back firing, as he will be crucial for England but also providing the ammo for Kane after that we are struggling for players that can unlock teams at this level, also the Keeping position is worrying with No outstanding or experienced candidates. We also so needed Wiltshire and Barkley to have progressed, and dare i say it Zaha to have chosen England instead would have been such a bonus.
But i expect England to progress to the Quarter Finals and then anything is possible, will they or are they capable of winning the Cup? NO.
Old 20-05-2018, 11:16 AM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
I would say fourth is about as good as England could do but by getting to the semi final they must have been playing well and that gives them a chance of winning it. My bet is the last eight.
Old 22-05-2018, 06:46 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Tunisia will shock England and Belguim will beat them too and they'll end up third. Bet it.

Free Palestine
Old 22-05-2018, 11:35 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Semi finals
Old 22-05-2018, 11:41 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Last 8 would be par. Quarter final would likely be against one of the big boys. And that's where we usually go out. And we will.
Old 22-05-2018, 11:42 PM
Dub

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quarter finals at best
Old 22-05-2018, 11:45 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post
So how far can Southgate take this mob?

Will you be glued to the box for every England match or give most of them a swerve?

Quarters.

And yes, not just England but probably every match i can cram in. In Porto for a Portugal match, so hoping they do well despite that nonce **** Ronaldo (don't shoot me Sean).

I always dismiss the WC then gag to watch every game!
Old 24-05-2018, 11:07 PM
Vast slug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Tunisia will shock England and Belguim will beat them too and they'll end up third. Bet it.
And we sneak a point off Panama?
Old 24-05-2018, 11:23 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
2nd round.

We’ll win our group too and come up against “easier” opposition as a result. Unfortunately we will totally underestimate them and crash out, 2-0.
Old 24-05-2018, 11:29 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
I am starting to get slightly more optimistic about the squad, for once it isn't filled with people who have won tons of trophies with their clubs, they are all young and hungry and that can only be a good thing. Technically we aren't world beaters but we have a chance of doing fairly well in this competition with a team that wants to prove themselves rather than thinking they are already the best.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 24-05-2018, 11:35 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Home before the postcards.
Old 25-05-2018, 11:15 AM

Billy Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We're just not very good at tournament football. A good start vs Tunisia is essential.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:51 AM
Vast slug.

At least nobody predicts that we will lose the final!
Old 11-06-2018, 12:04 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is here
I'll be hopeful and say Quarters though I'm wary of playing Colombia in the last 16

If we just play some really good stuff and have a couple of games which are decent that'll be a huge upgrade on anything since 2002/4

I'd be really disappointed if we didn't get out of the group
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.

Last edited by David of Kent; 11-06-2018 at 12:06 PM.