Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

View Poll Results: Where are England knocked-out?
Group Stage 6 6.90%
Round of 16 27 31.03%
Quarters 33 37.93%
Fourth 9 10.34%
Third 4 4.60%
Runners-up 0 0%
Winners! 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-06-2018, 12:42 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
1/4s is probably the best we can achieve and should be considered success.
Old 18-06-2018, 12:49 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I think this is the first WC for a long time where the pressure is a lot less than normal and there seems to be a lot more unity and peace going into the tournament than normal. This could of course all change in 10 hours time.
Old 18-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Well, I've enjoyed much of the tournament so far, been some very interesting games. The cue for that to end may be tonight but in the spirit of positivity, this evening will see the start of a run to the Semi Final. I've upgraded from earlier predictions of not making it out of the group, last 16 and Quarter Final.
Old 18-06-2018, 12:53 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Wilf would be tearing this tournament up if he was there. Haven't seen anyone better yet, other than Ronaldo.
Old 18-06-2018, 01:14 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Wilf would be tearing this tournament up if he was there. Haven't seen anyone better yet, other than Ronaldo.
He hasn't really. Sure, his free kick was superb. But a penalty and a goalkeeper error aside, he just skulked about for most of the game. You could argue that Costa looked better than him overall in that game as he worked more for his goals.

Free Palestine
Old 18-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
He hasn't really. Sure, his free kick was superb. But a penalty and a goalkeeper error aside, he just skulked about for most of the game. You could argue that Costa looked better than him overall in that game as he worked more for his goals.
True. But as a talisman, and someone who absolutely will deliver on the big stage. But I will reassess my statement. I haven't seen anyone better than Wilf.
Old 18-06-2018, 02:08 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
That sums up pretty much every Ronaldo hatrick these days though. Does little overall in the game, but comes up with the goals one way or another.
Old 18-06-2018, 02:09 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Best player so far for me was Cheryshev. Isco was something else too, Lozano was great, and obviously Ronaldo.
Old 18-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quarters for me. Frustrated Zaha isn't there.
Old 18-06-2018, 03:44 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
That sums up pretty much every Ronaldo hatrick these days though. Does little overall in the game, but comes up with the goals one way or another.
I just hate his guts. I may have mentioned it before. But can't doubt his continued impact even if he is less in other areas these days.

I do quite like this England team, with Wilf's flair, could have done something this tournament. No defence has looked great. VAR possibly creating uncertainty when defending pace and skill.
Old 18-06-2018, 03:48 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
It's probably a good thing for us though. Keep him out the spotlight.

Clinton Morrison
Old 18-06-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
I just hate his guts. I may have mentioned it before. But can't doubt his continued impact even if he is less in other areas these days.

I do quite like this England team, with Wilf's flair, could have done something this tournament. No defence has looked great. VAR possibly creating uncertainty when defending pace and skill.
Yes. Yes you have.
Old 18-06-2018, 03:53 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quarters, I think, any less will be disappointing and any more will be worth making a fuss about.
I echo our northern correspondent’s point about Wilf.
Old 18-06-2018, 03:56 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Last 16 would be a C, last 8 would be a B.
Old 18-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I would like to see us play Spain. Their squad is spectacular but I dont reckon Monkey Heid Hierro is remotely up to the job.
Old 18-06-2018, 04:13 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
They would tear us to pieces.
Old 18-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Call me Ishmael

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I would like to see us play Spain. Their squad is spectacular but I dont reckon Monkey Heid Hierro is remotely up to the job.
Blimey. I don't. As 4eva says, they would rip that back 3 apart, then it becomes a back 5 and then they'd think of other ways to do it.

The result against Ronaldo, sorry, Portugal, was a fluke. And I'll repeat it till I believe it
Old 18-06-2018, 04:23 PM

I have no doubt that Spain would beat England, but the Portugal result exposed their biggest problem. Even in 2010, Spain had the habit of dominating teams and creating all the chances in the world, but not being ruthless enough, usually winning by one goal when their play merited far better.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 18-06-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Old 18-06-2018, 05:58 PM
Just living my life

nathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We're gonna piss it
Old 18-06-2018, 07:33 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post
So how far can Southgate take this mob?

Will you be glued to the box for every England match or give most of them a swerve?

I think they will get to the round of 16. For the first time in my lifetime I am not convinced by any of our centre-backs and we will come unstuck. I also think Gareth will play Hart and he is always likely to make a howler at least once every three matches.
thread.