Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 19-06-2018, 12:31 AM

M3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is hereM3 Eagle Sam the man is here
Not just Kane, Maquire was being fouled at the same time. 2 clear penalties from the same ball in. Impossible not to have seen one of them.
Old 19-06-2018, 12:54 AM

sky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
I will. When I grew up playing, if you got the ball first you were in the clear. Mind you, it was a contact sport then.
Apparently there used to be a subsection, added about 20 years ago which stated that if a player made contact with an opponent either before or at the same time as the ball, then it was a foul. Seems that came to be seen as a universal rule that if you got the ball first it could never be a foul. That subsection has now been deleted. Probably due to players touching the ball moments before wiping someone out and governing bodies working out that was actually quite dangerous. Lazy pundits, most of whom are ex-players from that era still talk about anything after a touch on the ball being irrelevant, but it's no longer true.
Old 19-06-2018, 07:32 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
I was gobsmacked that neither of those assaults on Kane were given, especially the first one when the defender wasn’t even facing the ball

I thought I hated the use of VAR. turns out the non use of it is equally as infuriating
Old 19-06-2018, 08:02 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney eagle View Post
I was gobsmacked that neither of those assaults on Kane were given, especially the first one when the defender wasn’t even facing the ball

I thought I hated the use of VAR. turns out the non use of it is equally as infuriating
I felt like the one good thing about it would be no more contentious non-decisions like we've had to deal with before. But apparently that's not the case and it's only used to help France win a game.
Old 19-06-2018, 08:59 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:

In the past a ref could quite easily miss that sought of thing when there is a lot going on in the box but now there is 4 other guys watching a screen , what the **** are they doing ? I'd like someone to explain it .
Old 19-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Haram!!!!

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky dancer View Post
Would be interested to hear from BBS'ers in other countries how people there have reacted to the Kane incidents not being given. Would like to think the incompetence was noticed and commented on?
I'd like to know this too. I imagine they'd be equally bemused.

I imagine that the ref was told but chose to ignore it. I hope he gets sent home, clearly influenced by the prospect of Colombia facing England in the next round.
Old 19-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Haram!!!!

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
There's a funny WhatsApp picture doing the rounds of the international officials watching VR. Don't think it's suitable to be posted on here though
Seen it and shared it
Old 19-06-2018, 09:19 AM
Haram!!!!

Quote:

I think that you are bang on with this. The thread is filled with 'whats the point?' and 'it won't help' but last night all of England was crying out for VAR to be used.
Old 19-06-2018, 09:27 AM
Afferte mihi cervisiam

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
I agree with the use of VAR in certain circumstances, but half the pub crying "VAR! VAR!" every time an England player was touched got a bit annoying last night.
Old 19-06-2018, 09:35 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Seen it and shared it

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 19-06-2018, 09:41 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky dancer View Post
Apparently there used to be a subsection, added about 20 years ago which stated that if a player made contact with an opponent either before or at the same time as the ball, then it was a foul. Seems that came to be seen as a universal rule that if you got the ball first it could never be a foul. That subsection has now been deleted. Probably due to players touching the ball moments before wiping someone out and governing bodies working out that was actually quite dangerous. Lazy pundits, most of whom are ex-players from that era still talk about anything after a touch on the ball being irrelevant, but it's no longer true.
I doubt those Tunisian defenders would have got away with some of that, even 30 years ago, VAR or no VAR Ultimately it boils down to the fact that the officials last night were shit, both at the game and behind the cameras. It was like having Clattenburg and Kevin Lynch doing the same game.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 19-06-2018, 10:14 AM

Away Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is here
Quote:
Good job you aren't a ref then because we'd have to chant "You don't know what you're doing"

[I]A direct free kick is awarded when a player......

.....Impedes the progress of an opponent with contact.

This is referring to obstruction not tackles.
Old 19-06-2018, 10:18 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
I agree with the use of VAR in certain circumstances, but half the pub crying "VAR! VAR!" every time an England player was touched got a bit annoying last night.
Hearing this chanted every 10 minutes away at the Amex was enough for me to think it a bad idea
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 19-06-2018, 11:36 AM
Haram!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Away View Post
This is referring to obstruction not tackles.
Doesn't say it though does it, it says "contact" and it doesn't mention which part of the body. And a tackle is winning the ball not just touching it and obstruction means getting in the way of. Which did he do? The latter.
Old 19-06-2018, 12:21 PM

Away Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is here
Quote:
Doesn't say it though does it, it says "contact" and it doesn't mention which part of the body. And a tackle is winning the ball not just touching it and obstruction means getting in the way of. Which did he do? The latter.

"Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the opponent’s path to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction when the ball is not within playing distance of either player."

I really don't think this is the part of the law the referee was applying in the France Australia game. You were quoting the 'trip or attempt to trip' part before which is clearly the relevant part (whether you think it was the correct assessment by the ref or not).

Walker - yes. Fits the description of impeding with contact perfectly even if incredibly inconsistently applied by the ref.
Old 19-06-2018, 12:27 PM
Haram!!!!

I am aware of the attempt to trip but we don't know which part he applied. I am second guessing he is talking about impeding through contact. Tbh either could be applied imo.

For Walker, it's a shame we had him playing there instead of a centre half, because there's no way Jones or Cahill would've blocked with a swinging elbow like that. I got the feeling he swung out an arm to block but the bloke wasn't there so his arm went further back, then the attacker made a meal of it. Can't deny a penalty but can complain that the ref didn't apply the same at the other end.

I genuinely think he did it for Colombia who we may face next round, thank feck Tunisia had barely any time in our box.
Old 19-06-2018, 12:36 PM

Ok - so for the sake of clarity you've argued here that the ref may have given France a penalty for obstruction and you've argued elsewhere that it was definitely a penalty and you've suggested to pretty much anyone who doesn't think the ref was right on this occasion should go and read the rules ... or forever sound like a pundit.
Old 19-06-2018, 12:46 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
We just need to accept, FIFA are just a little bit bent.
Corruption is the only logical way to explain the refusal to consider rugby tackles on England players penalty offenses whilst instantly blowing for a far less clear-cut incident against the England defense.

If England have to play twelve men again, I will start to wonder if there might be an additional tranche of Russian bribe money set aside for officials now that the Ruskies have snaffled the tournament itself. After all, who would they most like to see out of the tournament other than England, given the recent political aggro?

I have to be careful. The injustice of last night just might get me caring about England again and I get quite enough pain from Palace!
Old 19-06-2018, 01:45 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Be interesting to see just how far Russia get.
Old 19-06-2018, 02:07 PM
face and voice for radio

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Corruption is the only logical way to explain the refusal to consider rugby tackles on England players penalty offenses whilst instantly blowing for a far less clear-cut incident against the England defense.

If England have to play twelve men again, I will start to wonder if there might be an additional tranche of Russian bribe money set aside for officials now that the Ruskies have snaffled the tournament itself. After all, who would they most like to see out of the tournament other than England, given the recent political aggro?

I have to be careful. The injustice of last night just might get me caring about England again and I get quite enough pain from Palace!

An argument put forward last night was around timing. The Walker incident was clear as there wasn't a crowd of people whereas the Kane incidents were in a crowded box and there was insufficient time to view the 25 camera angles in the 23 seconds between the corner and play re-starting.

Hmmm. What a load of tosh. One would have thought it was sufficient to pick this up on one of the 25 screens to the extent sufficient to signal the ref that something is being looked at. This doesn't take 23 seconds.

So whilst I like your theory, there's always the thought that the VAR boys were tuned into Love Island on the other channel, watching "The Impossible Job" on IPlayer or outside having a fag at the time.