Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 20-06-2018, 10:11 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Yep, don’t rate him too much as a manager, but like him as a pundit.
Without meaning to hijack the thread I'm not sure, you can't knock his achievements he's had some good success. He started well at West Ham but had the massive task of getting them accustomed to the new ground which wasn't easy. He looked like a broken man in the end, I think he'll have recharged his batteries and be rearing to go soon.

Clinton Morrison
Old 20-06-2018, 10:36 PM
Banned by Moderators

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
I hope Iran realise they need to win v Portugal to progress unless Morocco beat Spain by 2 goals
Old 20-06-2018, 10:44 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Without meaning to hijack the thread I'm not sure, you can't knock his achievements he's had some good success. He started well at West Ham but had the massive task of getting them accustomed to the new ground which wasn't easy. He looked like a broken man in the end, I think he'll have recharged his batteries and be rearing to go soon.
Nah, I feel he’s a mediocre tactician, and his 6th place finish at West Ham was a combination of Payet carrying them (a player initially scouted by Big Sam), and a Pardew esque honeymoon period. Know he did well with Croatia, but international jobs are a completely different scene.
Old 20-06-2018, 11:05 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
The unusual late throw-in.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 21-06-2018, 11:13 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
The unusual late throw-in.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
When done well they are amazing throw-ins if you can control them.

I was in the US in 1999 at uni and did some coaching of the womens team there where someone could do them, turned out the local highschool had several players who had become proficient.

Because of the speed at which you come out of the sommersault is then the increased by bringing your arms forward these kids were hitting teh opposition box from the half way line routinely. Imagine having a corner every time the opposition put it out in their own half.

When they are done well they are brilliant, when they fail they look horrendous.

Here is a 12 year old getting the ball into the box from distance

Or how about this - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 21-06-2018, 11:18 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Despite being in Spain (well Catalunya) and having a half Spanish daughter I REALLY wanted Iran to equalise, I think it's the Palace fan in me, I just always want the underdog to win, felt sorry for them.
Old 21-06-2018, 11:31 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Despite being in Spain (well Catalunya) and having a half Spanish daughter I REALLY wanted Iran to equalise, I think it's the Palace fan in me, I just always want the underdog to win, felt sorry for them.
I was feeling the same until the commentator said women weren't allowed in the stadium and they had cancelled a screening of the match in Tehran where they had finally 'allowed' women to go.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni