Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 25-06-2018, 02:11 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
This World Cup

We’re heading towards the end of the group stages now. What does everyone think? I’m loving it. I also loved 2014, but thought that near enough the entirety of 2010 was gash.

Some fantastic games so far.
Old 25-06-2018, 02:19 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
I've seen a handful of dull games, but on the whole for me it's been the best one for a while, so far...

Some bizarre referring, particularly not dealing with divers, but most teams have turned up looking to play for a win rather than so many tactical and dull opening match draws in past competitions. And the likes of Brazil, Argentina and Germany having slow starts has made it more exciting.

Rubbish there aren't any 1 o'clock kick offs today though
Old 25-06-2018, 02:25 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
On Friday there’s NO FVCKING GAMES AT ALL
Old 25-06-2018, 02:27 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
I can't wait for it to be over and we can get back to the real stuff. Sure, i've been watching some of it and it's been entertaining in parts. But there's no excitement for me. I turned off after the 4th England goal yesterday because it was just doing nothing for me.

I need Palace back ASAP.

Free Palestine
Old 25-06-2018, 02:28 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
The crackdown (if indeed it is, and not just one brave referee) on mauling at corners is very welcome.

What baffles me is why / how / when coaches and defenders around the world started deciding that the best way to defend a corner is to wrap your arms around the opponent and haul them to the ground? The old fashioned method of marking a player, tracking their run and trying to beat them to the header had proven to be generally reliable over the past 100 odd years, it's not as if games were finishing 10-10 with 18 of the goals scored from corners before the WWF innovations came to the fore.
Old 25-06-2018, 02:33 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
The crackdown (if indeed it is, and not just one brave referee) on mauling at corners is very welcome.

What baffles me is why / how / when coaches and defenders around the world started deciding that the best way to defend a corner is to wrap your arms around the opponent and haul them to the ground? The old fashioned method of marking a player, tracking their run and trying to beat them to the header had proven to be generally reliable over the past 100 odd years, it's not as if games were finishing 10-10 with 18 of the goals scored from corners before the WWF innovations came to the fore.
I'm guessing some of them see Juventus, Real etc get away with it weekly and think that's how you do it
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 25-06-2018, 02:35 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Incredible that we have got through the first 2 game round and not a single game without a goal!
Old 25-06-2018, 02:47 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Still cannot figure out how Serbia didn't get a penalty versus the Swiss.
Old 25-06-2018, 02:50 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
On Friday there’s NO FVCKING GAMES AT ALL
Enough of your kinky personal life. What about the football?
Old 25-06-2018, 02:54 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's been great. What I have liked:

Teams going at each other,
no 0-0's,
some decent goals,
no moaning about the ball (hello 2010)
The big boys not getting things their own way
England
Home nation going through
No violence off field

Great to see.
Old 25-06-2018, 02:54 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Enough of your kinky personal life. What about the football?
We’ll have moved on from the group stuff and getting ready for sudden death
Old 25-06-2018, 02:58 PM

Cambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is here
That Spain vs Portugal game was a cracker. Best game I can recall at a major tournament for donkeys' years.

Really enjoying it so far. Nice to be able to look forward to an England knock out game this time round! Been 8 years and at least we have goal line technology this time.

I'm also in profit on my betting which is always nice (albeit a small one).
Old 25-06-2018, 03:15 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Still cannot figure out how Serbia didn't get a penalty versus the Swiss.
Or Sweden vs the Krauts.
Old 25-06-2018, 03:36 PM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
I like:

- Stadiums with the stands close to the pitch and a covered roof making for a good atmosphere.
- Those stadiums being full and pretty much every team travelling in large numbers, no mean feat considering the price, a lot of these countries ain't well off and Russia having a dodgy reputation.
- No 0-0s so far, most of the teams are having a go even if they are unfancied.
- The gap in quality between the elite and the middling teams is closing more and more, see Japan and Mexico getting well fought wins over their lofty opposition and there's been others who are unlucky (Iran v Spain, Convicts v France, Tunisia v Us, ect).
- Players I like (Kane, Ronaldo, Honda, Lukaku, Jedinak) have turned up.

I dislike:

- Too many penalties. VAR is probably the future even though old gammons like me will bleat about how controversy makes it more interesting but I fear that as VAR is in it's infancy teams can demand its use and put extra pressure on a ref to give the benefit on a 50/50 decision on the side using the fancy new tech or even to give the decision on instinct to avoid using that new fangled stuff.
- The feeling this might be the last one we enjoy for a while as Qatar is going to be a shit show due to heat, people not watching bc of the whole slave built stadiums thing and it having a host country with no history with the sport plus the 48 teams in 3 team groups which will take away a lot of the drama. Maybe this is the last good WC.
- Celtsplaining from the lesser UK nations in the pub about what we should be doing on and off the pitch from a delusional bunch of halfwits who are obsessed with us.

Last edited by Skin Up; 25-06-2018 at 03:41 PM.
Old 25-06-2018, 03:38 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Very much enjoyed it,the minnows shutting up shop is a pain but it's led to teams having to go for it and a lot of last minute excitement....Great to see England do well and most being realistic about a young team gelling even if it is disappointing to a very few who will hand-wring and moan whatever...

Just don't watch ,we know we get it, it's boring to see an England team win 6-1/qualify easily,they wave the England flag (Too nationalistic) where is Wilf,Wales Scotland,Ireland ? and Palace could beat this side ?

Spain and Portugal was a great game so was the ten men of Germany, shocks with Argentina/Messi and Ronny outshining everyone.

The VAR where it shows it's still controlled by humans who still get it wrong

Yep its been a good world cup, hopefully teams keep going for it which makes it exciting.
Old 25-06-2018, 03:43 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Or Sweden vs the Krauts.
or Kane versus Tunisia

if only we had a system that could help us with this...
Old 25-06-2018, 03:45 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
I've seen a handful of dull games, but on the whole for me it's been the best one for a while, so far...

Some bizarre referring, particularly not dealing with divers, but most teams have turned up looking to play for a win rather than so many tactical and dull opening match draws in past competitions. And the likes of Brazil, Argentina and Germany having slow starts has made it more exciting.

Rubbish there aren't any 1 o'clock kick offs today though
Pengey is the highlight for me. Am actually feeling like pengey-lite today having driven to London and back yesterday for some free toughened glass, some of I broke driving over a pothole on the hard shoulder when 30 miles from home.

But yeah, clearly the best World Cup ever in the making. Very few dull matches, party atmosphere throughout, VAR not the total disaster I thought it would be, everyone loving Russia and Russians, goals in every match so far.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 25-06-2018, 03:50 PM
Haram!!!!

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fella View Post
It's been great. What I have liked:

Teams going at each other,
no 0-0's,
some decent goals,
no moaning about the ball (hello 2010)
The big boys not getting things their own way
England
Home nation going through
No violence off field

Great to see.

Still disgusted at what they did to ruin the French tournament and were allowed to get away with by UEFA and FIFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
everyone loving Russia and Russians, goals in every match so far.
Not really, they have more than their fair share of assholes.
Old 25-06-2018, 03:51 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
No racism in the grounds and no hooligan violence (as far as I know)

VAR, whilst inconsistent, is working a million times better than in televised FA Cup games last season

I think 32 teams is the optimum number, there are already a handful of poor teams in it, we don't need any more. And this is a World Cup without Holland, Italy, Czech Republic, Ghana, Cameroon etc
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 25-06-2018, 03:54 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
No racism in the grounds and no hooligan violence (as far as I know)

VAR, whilst inconsistent, is working a million times better than in televised FA Cup games last season

I think 32 teams is the optimum number, there are already a handful of poor teams in it, we don't need any more. And this is a World Cup without Holland, Italy, Czech Republic, Ghana, Cameroon etc
Not having the yanks or West Ukraine in it is a major plus. Agree with 32 teams being the right number.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.