Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 27-06-2018, 02:44 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I would say pound for pound (no pun intended), Maradona is probably the best footballer ever to have played the game.
Old 27-06-2018, 07:59 AM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCurveEagle View Post
Honestly the most undeserved qualification from a WC group stage of all time. Hopefully France take them to the cleaners.
Nah, I think the clearly deserved to win this game and honestly the Iceland game as well even if they we far from brilliant in either.

Not sure France have really been any better so far, at least the Argies have scored some decent goals.
Old 27-06-2018, 08:32 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
. (Technically the Euros though)

As an aside, trying to think how many youth team products have actually played in the World Cup? Sansom, Southgate, Moses...
Terry Fenwick
Old 27-06-2018, 08:48 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I guess I’m alone in thinking Maradona is funny then.

I can’t help but think that if Zaha appeared like that one day as a 55 year old man, we’d all be saying how great it is.

Kind of sad of course that he (Maradona) will almost certainly be dead in 10 years if he continues like that, but I don’t think he gives a ****.

I can't help quite liking him, but I've always had a soft spot for people who couldn't really give a shit. For example Hurricane Higgins was a childhood hero of mine but in truth a massive arsehole.

Maradona does have some credit in the bank from being vehemently anti-FIFA for many years, including sticking up for Bolivia when FIFA tried to force them not to play home games at altitude and sucking it up when Bolivia then tonked Maradona's Argentina 5-0 in a WC qualifier. I also thought he was surprisingly dignified in defeat when coaching Argentina to a 4-1 quarterfinal loss against Germany in 2010.

But I can perfectly understand why many people find him utterly distasteful. Unfair to compare him to Cantona though, who is not only an arsehole but a pretentious arsehole to boot. I don't think Maradona has any pretension about him, there is no act.
Old 27-06-2018, 08:53 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
On another note I would highly recommend a piece by Jorge Valdano on the Guardian website which sets out his views on the decline of Argentinian football. It is a coruscating read.
Old 27-06-2018, 08:56 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I would say pound for pound (no pun intended), Maradona is probably the best footballer ever to have played the game.
Gram for gram surely?

I agree by the way.
Old 27-06-2018, 11:33 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Terry Fenwick
Oh my, totally forgot him.
Old 27-06-2018, 05:41 PM
Haram!!!!

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Well right now Jerry is falling out of the World Cup.