Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 28-06-2018, 09:19 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
England Very Belgium

Anyone had a beer yet
Old 28-06-2018, 09:21 AM
AWM V 41 118,119

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
You by the look of the title.

Old 28-06-2018, 09:24 AM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Woosh!
Old 28-06-2018, 09:35 AM
AWM V 41 118,119

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
I know now, you'd think as a mod I'd keep up!

Old 28-06-2018, 12:28 PM

Bungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I know we should go for a win tonight because trying to do anything else will come back to bite us and be so hard to control etc etc BUT the feeling of its better to finish second will surely play on the players minds especially as the game goes on if it is still level.

For example, what should someone taking a penalty in injury time do if the scores are still level?

I think this game will turn out to be dire (like France v Denmark) and tell us nothing about England. In fact it is more likely to raise doubts. I predict 0-0.

Trying to be more positive though, I think we have nothing to fear if we win the Group. Even if we do play Brazil in the quarters (a few assumptions here, I know), they are not THAT good and are always likely to concede a goal or two.
Old 28-06-2018, 12:33 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Come on Belgium, second place leaves us the easiest run in to a world cup semi final in history!
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 28-06-2018, 12:34 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I don't think England are good enough / confident enough in their own abilities, not to go for the win. Doubts would creep in.
Old 28-06-2018, 12:34 PM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think we should try and avoid playing Columbia in the next round.

If we do then get through that round, the weight of expectation were we to play Switzerland or Sweden in the quarter finals could come back to haunt us. We might be better off playing Brazil or even Mexico.
Old 28-06-2018, 01:11 PM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
Come on Belgium, second place leaves us the easiest run in to a world cup semi final in history!
Easiest run in to a semi final since our last World Cup semi final.
Old 28-06-2018, 01:16 PM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We will go for the win
Brazil aren't all that and Mexico could beat them ��
Old 28-06-2018, 01:21 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
I don't care,hope we win,we play who we have to play....
Old 28-06-2018, 01:27 PM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Good BBC article explains the permutations

To view the link you have to Register or Login

But I still think we should go for the win and win big
Old 28-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post

Much of a muchness looking at both routes.

Spain one way and Brazil the other.

I'd hope we'd go for the win.

I'll be astonished if we're not out as soon as we meet a good team anyway. (After Belgium).
Old 28-06-2018, 01:35 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Win to keep momentum going, instead of worrying about draws. Apparently it will be Belgium reserves though, so let’s not get too carried away if we do get the 3 points.
Old 28-06-2018, 01:37 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post

By kickoff we will know who the winners of group H are - if it is Japan then it is obvious which route is “easier” on paper
Old 28-06-2018, 01:53 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Wouldn't we rather face Brazil than Spain?
Old 28-06-2018, 01:54 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Brazil have looked better so far. Spain look a shambles defensively at times, ironically under the coaching of a legendary defender.
Old 28-06-2018, 02:09 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Group G

Kick off 19:00
Live on ITV

At Kaliningrad Stadium

Permutations
  • If either side wins they will finish in 1st.
  • If it's a draw then it will firstly come down to fair play.
  • Fair points are: -1 yellow card, -3 red card (two yellows), -4 straight red, -5 yellow then straight red
  • If it is still level after that then lots will be drawn.

Panama v Tunisia: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by RobertCPFC; 28-06-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Old 28-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
How very you.
Old 28-06-2018, 02:13 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Probably, but its a bit unpredictable. Neymar is certainly getting back to form though.

Wish England hadn't left Wilf out in the cold.

We might have seen To view the link you have to Register or Login vs each other.