Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 28-06-2018, 02:17 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
I'm looking forward to a comedy last ten minutes, with the scores level and both sides kicking lumps out of each other or just picking up the ball for no reason to keep their yellow card count up
Old 28-06-2018, 02:24 PM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Would be kinda funny if the ref refused to book players who deliberately try to cheat

If, for example, a player clearly dives in the penalty area instead of being booked he should be awarded the penalty as they would be the greater punishment

Last edited by firesign; 28-06-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 28-06-2018, 02:37 PM
Lost in translation

BBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is here
We should just go full out a try to do then over. Historically we lose to weaker teams anyway so whoever we play it's not going to be easy. I back us to beat anyone with Harry Kane on form, if he gets a chance he'll probably score and we will make chances against big teams, whether on the counter or with the ball.
Old 28-06-2018, 02:47 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
Would be kinda funny if the ref refused to book players who deliberately try to cheat

If, for example, a player clearly dives in the penalty area instead of being booked he should be awarded the penalty as they would be the greater punishment
If we are aiming for second place bring on Welbeck and Phil Jones to deliver some 2 footed tackles in the last minutes
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 28-06-2018, 02:48 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Brazil have looked better so far. Spain look a shambles defensively at times, ironically under the coaching of a legendary defender.
I just think Brazil will have more difficulty with set pieces, judging by their performances so far.
Old 28-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
You just know we'll be drawing lots. Which is sort of ok if we don't let Nick Knowles anywhere near it.
Old 28-06-2018, 02:51 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Brazil have looked better so far. Spain look a shambles defensively at times, ironically under the coaching of a legendary defender.
I would say they have been the same, would probably edge Spain looking better, albeit marginally.

Both have been meh and I don't really fear anyone in the competition. Obviously I'd rather skip Brazil in the 1/4 finals though, don't think there are any easy games now regardless of who you play.
Old 28-06-2018, 02:54 PM

Cambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is hereCambridge Eagle Sam the man is here
Reports that Vardy will start for sure, probably along with Rashford, Cahill, Jones, Dier, Rose and possibly Alexander-Arnold and Delph for Trippier and RLC.
Old 28-06-2018, 03:01 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Is it just me who thinks Neymar is a bit shit?

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 28-06-2018, 03:05 PM

eagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post
I don't think shit. I do think criminally overrated.
Old 28-06-2018, 03:07 PM

Zulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is here
I kind of feel bad for Southgate, if we set up to loose/finish second in group and then lose in the quarters, press will accuse him of ruining the momentum of a winning team. But if he sets up to win/finish first and then go on to loose in the quarters he will be accused of being naive...got to love being England manager
Old 28-06-2018, 03:08 PM

Zulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
I don't think shit. I do think criminally overrated.
Especially by himself, he struts around like a complete tool but what has he won or accomplished to back that up with
Old 28-06-2018, 03:10 PM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
I certainly hope Belgium go out in the last 16 whoever they play. Martinez is a fraud
Old 28-06-2018, 03:11 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu84 View Post
I kind of feel bad for Southgate, if we set up to loose/finish second in group and then lose in the quarters, press will accuse him of ruining the momentum of a winning team. But if he sets up to win/finish first and then go on to loose in the quarters he will be accused of being naive...got to love being England manager
Play to win always (unless you're arm-wrestling a small child - even then it's tempting).
Afferte mihi cervisiam

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Win. We get the difficult run. So what. If you want to win these tournaments you have to beat the best sides.

Son of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
he's only been in charge about 2 weeks and didn't select the squad !!
Old 28-06-2018, 03:12 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post
He's not shit, but playing a pub league affects your sharpness/competitiveness, fo sho.
Old 28-06-2018, 03:12 PM

Son of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu84 View Post
he struts around like a complete tool
so would I if I was earning about £500k a week for kicking a ball.
Old 28-06-2018, 03:15 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is here
It's amazing isn't it? All those dramas and nearlies over the years and England might actually be unfortunate to be quite good, win all three games and top their group...!
Old 28-06-2018, 03:19 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
We have to win this one, I couldn't bare to see Martinez's smug mug if we lost. Also, Henry is still owed one for that handball against Ireland (I realise that this wouldn't be that much payback, but still...).