Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 28-06-2018, 03:30 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I think columbia are the team to avoid.. or the quarter final might not be a consideration anyway.
Old 28-06-2018, 03:30 PM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
If we are aiming for second place bring on Welbeck and Phil Jones to deliver some 2 footed tackles in the last minutes
Ha. We might need those. Bring on Nick Pope.
Old 28-06-2018, 03:37 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
I think a draw and a couple of bookings puts us 2nd

Whatever position gets us Japan would be lovely, no offence to them but it would be a great opportunity for QF

One game at a time etc
Old 28-06-2018, 03:43 PM

daverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
Come on Belgium, second place leaves us the easiest run in to a world cup semi final in history!
Nope that would be the Germans draw in 2002.

They had a group of Saudi Arabia, Ireland and Cameroon.

They then had Paraguay followed by USA in he quarters and South Korea in the Semi’s.

To me the 2002 is the one that got away. We had the best squad in the tournament and stuffed up against Brazil. Had we some how got through that game I think we would have won it. Most of the teams were very poor in hat tournament including Germany who still got to the final.
Old 28-06-2018, 03:55 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Ha. We might need those. Bring on Nick Pope.
We might need Pope to sort out Jesus a bit later on in the tournament!
Old 28-06-2018, 03:57 PM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I think columbia are the team to avoid.. or the quarter final might not be a consideration anyway.
This with bells on.

One of the most fluid looking attacks against a suspect looking attacks will end in tears
Old 28-06-2018, 04:06 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Not so sure about all of this strong / weak half of the draw talk. Colombia look decent and i hope the team are fully focusing on just the next game. 1 on 1 anything can happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 28-06-2018, 04:07 PM

BuffotheEagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BuffotheEagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BuffotheEagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BuffotheEagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BuffotheEagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BuffotheEagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BuffotheEagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BuffotheEagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BuffotheEagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BuffotheEagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!BuffotheEagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Who cares who we're playing when! How about we just concentrate on who we are actually playing. I can't see us beating anyone half decent so seems pointless us worrying about a game we haven't made it to yet.
Old 28-06-2018, 04:12 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
I'm firmly in the give the Belgians a good beating camp. Confidence and momentum.

Old 28-06-2018, 04:28 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
I see the Irish leader has just been pictured in a Belgium scarfe. I hope we tear them and him a new arsehole. Come on England.
Old 28-06-2018, 05:55 PM
techno sapiens

Win the group and get Japan next.

Come on England!

Old 28-06-2018, 05:56 PM

Zulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is here
We need to win this
Old 28-06-2018, 05:58 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Colombia looked no great shakes. Japan were the worst I've seen them play.
Old 28-06-2018, 06:00 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Popping out to watch the game at a mate's house. Apparently there'll be a Belgian there!
Old 28-06-2018, 06:07 PM

Jordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Win the group and get Japan next.

Come on England!
Do you feel more confident of beating a very likely Brazil in the quarters than Colombia in the round of 16?
Old 28-06-2018, 06:10 PM

mexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
We should just go full out a try to do then over. Historically we lose to weaker teams anyway so whoever we play it's not going to be easy. I back us to beat anyone with Harry Kane on form, if he gets a chance he'll probably score and we will make chances against big teams, whether on the counter or with the ball.
This all day. The morale boost of a win is worth it. Brazil are good but beatable. And if we lose, at least we lost trying our best and to a recognised good team, not a loss in a game we manufactured a place in because we thought it would be easy. That would be humiliating.
Old 28-06-2018, 06:11 PM

mexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffotheEagle View Post
Who cares who we're playing when! How about we just concentrate on who we are actually playing. I can't see us beating anyone half decent so seems pointless us worrying about a game we haven't made it to yet.
And this too.
Old 28-06-2018, 06:11 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
A possible 8 changes to the England starting line-up .
Old 28-06-2018, 06:12 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
Good BBC article explains the permutations

To view the link you have to Register or Login

But I still think we should go for the win and win big
If we are being unwise enough to literally think of winning the whole damn thing, ( which I refuse to entertain anymore ) then elite opposition must be beaten along the way at least twice. I say play our best team against Belgium to give them the maximum chance of gelling for future challenges ( and even tournaments ) but the wisest thing of all is to discount England until they have outplayed some quality teams and reached the semis at least. Easier on the soul.
Old 28-06-2018, 06:16 PM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Wouldn't we rather face Brazil than Spain?
For me yes Brazil have been average its no gimme getting past Mexico. Spain look much better Croatia are decent and will give Spain a good game. I backed Brazil but now fancy Spain.