Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:29 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Uruguay v France

Okay, looks like a dullsfest on the cards.

Interesting comment from Greizemann that Uruguay are like Atletico - boring, divers and in the face of the ref! I hope something was lost in translation. To view the link you have to Register or Login

Anyway, despite the buck toothed wanker up front, come on the magnificent Uruguay, amazing for such a small population
Old 06-07-2018, 12:39 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
A lot of people seem to think it's a foregone conclusion that France are going through, I'm not so sure. I've been very impressed by Uruguay, although the rumoured doubts of Cavani being injured will be a massive blow.

Clinton Morrison
Old 06-07-2018, 12:40 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I quite like these intriguing games with some good defending.

France with the ball, Uruguay on the counter.

Cavani fit?
Old 06-07-2018, 12:46 PM
The squeezed middle

PoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Godin and Gimenez are magnificent centre backs who operate extremely efficiently in tandem. I think France will find this a far tougher test than Argentina.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:48 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
..Cavani fit?
Hope so. Not his biggest fan but he has come good this tournament and the sheer workrate (as with Suarez) is astonishing.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:54 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
I thought Portugal vs Uruguay would be dull, two of the most conservative teams, but it turned out to be quite a good match. Still don’t think any match involving Uruguay will be high scoring though.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:56 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
I forgot how good Suarez was until this world cup
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 06-07-2018, 01:08 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Hope so. Not his biggest fan but he has come good this tournament and the sheer workrate (as with Suarez) is astonishing.
Same. He and Suarez together are tiring to watch!
Old 06-07-2018, 01:16 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
This will be tougher for France than people expect. Argentinas central pairing of Otamendi and Rojo is nothing in comparison to Godin and Gimenez.

That said, Uruguay will need Cavani to be fit and playing to really pressurize France. Could easily see this going extra time.

France have real pace in Mbappe who has been their star so far, but how will France play against a team that will sit so deep.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:27 PM

Jordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
A lot of people seem to think it's a foregone conclusion that France are going through, I'm not so sure. I've been very impressed by Uruguay, although the rumoured doubts of Cavani being injured will be a massive blow.
If Cavani was playing I'd fancy Uruguay going through, now I don't see it at all. But this World Cup is full of surprises. .
Old 06-07-2018, 01:42 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I'm plotting up in a pub to watch both games today. Glorious.

I'd rather Uruguay to win, but reckon it's a tall ask.
And I don't really care who wins the match tonight, but the thought of Neymar in (genuine) tears is quite appealing.

Ultimately, I'm hoping for a Uruguay v Croatia final.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:54 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Quarter Final

Kick off 15:00
Live on ITV

At Nizhny Novgorod Stadium

Old 06-07-2018, 02:58 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Boo. No Cavani.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:08 PM

Jordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is hereJordan555x Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Boo. No Cavani.
Bye bye Uruguay?
Old 06-07-2018, 03:13 PM
Call me Ishmael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
Bye bye Uruguay?
Sadly so I think. But there again.....
Old 06-07-2018, 03:21 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Stuani did score 21 goals in 33 games last season in La Liga, clearly knows where the goal is. But I doubt he can fill Cavani’s boots.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I'm plotting up in a pub to watch both games today. Glorious.

I'd rather Uruguay to win, but reckon it's a tall ask.
And I don't really care who wins the match tonight, but the thought of Neymar in (genuine) tears is quite appealing.

Ultimately, I'm hoping for a Uruguay v Croatia final.
Uruguay v Croatia? Football though? It's coming home. Didn't you hear?
Old 06-07-2018, 03:31 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Boo. No Cavani.
Injured init.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:32 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
Uruguay v Croatia? Football though? It's coming home. Didn't you hear?
Selhurst will celebrate with a supercold Guinness poured with a shamrock in the froth

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:32 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I love watching Uruguay - imperious defence and thrilling attack.