Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:33 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
world Cup Semi final : Croatia v England , discussion

England v Sweden was like a premier side taking on a lower championship side , we bossed it without getting out of second gear but Croatia will be a whole new level with players like Modric (R Madrid ) Racitic (Barca) Mandzukic (juve) Kovacic (R Madrid )
Pericic (Inter) all top players at very big clubs , will their midfield be too strong for us ? Or will our 3/5 at the back prove too hard for them to brake down ?
Croatias midfield took Argentina apart and for me this is where the game will be decided , how should we approach the game to combat their midfield ?
Old 09-07-2018, 05:39 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Midfield is strong... right back is decent... left back is ok... Mandzukic will be a threat... But their centre backs look a bit slow and cumbersome. Trippier will get some space agaist their L/B... Kane should get a chance or two. Get Henderson to sit on Modric.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:48 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
For me the deciding factor could easily be fitness.

Croatia have some talented players but they are all into their 30's and have just played two extremely challenging games in short succession going the full distance. They looked absolutely shattered and you can't underestimate the cumulative affect of playing the two sets of ET and pens add in the mental exhaustion.

Compared to a rather young and fit England squad, who although had extra time and pens in the round of 16 then followed up with a comfortable and mentally positive win over Sweden. Playing 120 minutes over a week ago is decent fitness work, doing it twice is going to tire the body - as evidenced by the Croatians dropping like flies during extra time vs Russia!

I fancy this to be a key factor the longer it goes on. Most important thing for me is we don't let anything get away from us early on and I think we have been strongest earlier in games more often than not.

Last edited by Shipp Ahoy!; 09-07-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:02 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Don't concede early and test their weakness at set pieces, we all know our strength there. Fitness yes, but also look at the strength of the benches. Just hope we can get our subs to make the difference when called upon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 09-07-2018, 07:26 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
For me the deciding factor could easily be fitness.

Croatia have some talented players but they are all into their 30's and have just played two extremely challenging games in short succession going the full distance. They looked absolutely shattered and you can't underestimate the cumulative affect of playing the two sets of ET and pens add in the mental exhaustion.

Compared to a rather young and fit England squad, who although had extra time and pens in the round of 16 then followed up with a comfortable and mentally positive win over Sweden. Playing 120 minutes over a week ago is decent fitness work, doing it twice is going to tire the body - as evidenced by the Croatians dropping like flies during extra time vs Russia!

I fancy this to be a key factor the longer it goes on. Most important thing for me is we don't let anything get away from us early on and I think we have been strongest earlier in games more often than not.
Agree with that. We should be fitter, but they are probably technically better.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:32 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
We need to fill the centre of the park.

Henderson can be a little deep protecting the defence and Sterling and Lindgard can be a little too far forward.

Important we have the right shape when we don't have the ball.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:33 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Just get Alli to kick Vida all night. I'll be happy enough with that.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:56 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Just get Alli to kick Vida all night. I'll be happy enough with that.
I will go with that
Old 09-07-2018, 08:03 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
I will go with that

So will most of the crowd. Such a stupid ****. He'll be lucky to get out alive. Hes basically given us victory. I actually think we could win relatively easily on Wednesday. They are better than Sweden on paper, but two nerve shredding 120 minute matches plus penalties, plus all the travel, must take its toll. I know England have had one marathon, but i fancy Croatia will be like Man City at Selhurst in December, only not as good. Hope so anyway.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:05 PM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
They are a decent team but failed to beat Russia and Denmark will find it hard to stay the distance after two tough games, get the first goal and they may crumble. My bet is 3-0 or 3-1 England.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:32 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
anyone had a beer yet?
Old 09-07-2018, 08:54 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
**** me I'm bang up for this already. It's doable and in our hands.

Playing for a place in the WC final. It's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 09-07-2018, 08:57 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My brother flies out tomorrow after nabbing a ticket through his work. £1,800 flight and no accommodation. Lucky bastard.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:01 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
anyone had a beer yet?
Being a lightweight I have only just got over Saturday.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:04 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
My brother flies out tomorrow after nabbing a ticket through his work. £1,800 flight and no accommodation. Lucky bastard.
The West Ham brother? He can claim that he won the World Cup

Pretty obvious really.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:27 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
You couldn’t move on the bbs for England team knockers only a couple of months ago. So many stating how little interest that had in England. Usually the holier than thou “i’m A better palace fan than you” lot as well.
I hope they are doing the honourable thing and not acting like johnny come latelies during this World Cup!
Old 09-07-2018, 09:32 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
no the Chelsea one

Last time he was in Moscow he watched Chelsea lose on penalties to Man U in the same stadium. Hope he has better luck this time
Old 09-07-2018, 09:40 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
no the Chelsea one

Last time he was in Moscow he watched Chelsea lose on penalties to Man U in the same stadium. Hope he has better luck this time
Same here. Thats still a lot of wedge to fork out for one match. He could have fixed his hair for that. He must be England daft. Personally im nowhere near as bothered as when we went to the cup final say, but its still impossible to be English and not feel a bit excited, even without Wilf starting every game. I guess im just mainly hoping Vida gets a proper kicking and England get a shot at Belgium (or France).

Pretty obvious really.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:43 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
You couldn’t move on the bbs for England team knockers only a couple of months ago. So many stating how little interest that had in England. Usually the holier than thou “i’m A better palace fan than you” lot as well.
I hope they are doing the honourable thing and not acting like johnny come latelies during this World Cup!
I’m quite happy to admit that I’d prefer Palace to avoid relegation than England win the World Cup. I won’t NOT cheer England on but I have 45 years of emotional capital invested in Palace. I just don’t have anything like that with England.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:08 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Could be a 'Spurs Brother' who will now claim it was Spurs who won it, even though all they can manage (Spurs) is a semi, hehe