Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:01 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
WC SEMI FINAL : ENGLAND V CROATIA

Here we go , anyone on the beers yet ?
Old 11-07-2018, 06:26 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
About to set of to Scotland for a few days golfing. Will be watching the game in Turnberry. Worse places I suppose !
Old 11-07-2018, 06:29 AM
Boys from SE25

David_23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid_23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid_23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid_23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid_23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid_23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid_23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid_23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid_23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid_23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid_23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
These lads are fearless. We got this!
Old 11-07-2018, 08:06 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Here we go. Ready for this. The World Cup final is within our grasp.

Come on England

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 11-07-2018, 08:50 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
I’m on a flight that takes off during the 80th minute of the game. It’ll be the longest hour of my life
Old 11-07-2018, 08:57 AM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
About to set of to Scotland for a few days golfing. Will be watching the game in Turnberry. Worse places I suppose !
Old 11-07-2018, 08:57 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
C'mon the Croats. Finish'em
Old 11-07-2018, 09:12 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones14 View Post
C'mon the Croats. Finish'em
Aussie Bastard ,
Old 11-07-2018, 09:22 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
I really never thought this would happen again, in my lifetime, and yet here we are !
It's almost the opposite to the 1990 Semi Final - Didn't expect to beat the Germans, but knew the Finalist ahead, were certainly beatable.
I think tonight's game is 50/50 but if we do make it, we will be 2nd favourites against the French.
But just to get to the Final would be fantastic !!
Fingers crossed
Old 11-07-2018, 09:56 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I am not sure we are as strong a favourite as the UK bookmakers have us but we'll never have a better chance of making a world cup final and what an event sunday would be for everyone! We'd most likely be a huge underdog with the midfield quality France have but what the hell.. A world cup final in my lifetime!

The key for me is really how good we are defensively? I worry we have a one man midfield in Henderson and that we will always concede very decent chances against sides with quality players. We are vulnerable for sure.

It's a hard game to call today. Very little would surprise me. I could picture a tight game or a game where one of the sides sticks away it's early chances and ends up with a cakewalk.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:06 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Aussie Bastard ,
And proud

Be boring if everyone supported the same team.
You've beaten no one, had a blessed run and now you'll get pantsed by a team that can actually play football.

4-0 to the Croatian Clubbers.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:10 AM

Skid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkid Row came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones14 View Post
You've beaten no one, had a blessed run and now you'll get pantsed by a team that can actually play football.
They've had a more charmed run that Millwall had in the 2004 FA Cup.

Having said that, wouldn't be surprised if they get through to the final.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row View Post
They've had a more charmed run that Millwall had in the 2004 FA Cup.

Having said that, wouldn't be surprised if they get through to the final.
Same here. Think they'll win, and wont begrudge them.

Would love to see 2 teams that play great football in the final though...………………..France vs Croatia.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:17 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I am not sure we are as strong a favourite as the UK bookmakers have us but we'll never have a better chance of making a world cup final and what an event sunday would be for everyone! We'd most likely be a huge underdog with the midfield quality France have but what the hell.. A world cup final in my lifetime!

The key for me is really how good we are defensively? I worry we have a one man midfield in Henderson and that we will always concede very decent chances against sides with quality players. We are vulnerable for sure.

It's a hard game to call today. Very little would surprise me. I could picture a tight game or a game where one of the sides sticks away it's early chances and ends up with a cakewalk.
That’s my concern - I assumed that Dier would come into the team to give us more presence in the middle of the park to stop the better teams playing through us.

Fingers crossed Lingard and Alli are up to it and we can get at them early.

Last edited by Langers; 11-07-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:19 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
England shirt on at work. Can't believe the lack of England attire in the City. Bunch of rugby fans.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:22 AM

laboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Come on boys! I don't expect us to win, but if we did would be amazing!!!

Just hope we give a good account of ourselves and play like we did on Saturday.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:55 AM

audreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is here
couple of ciders and off to bed!! Come on England!! See you at 4am
Old 11-07-2018, 10:59 AM

karl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Never been this nervous for an England game before.

AND I ******* LOVE IT
Old 11-07-2018, 11:02 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Tonight will be the first where the opposition will look to have a go at us. It could work even further in our favour or exploit us immensely. I'd love to see Sterling, Lingard and Alli have a bit more space to do damage in the final third instead of facing narrow compact sides. Kane seems to be coming deeper as well, I still think he has some big performances to come too.

Clinton Morrison
Old 11-07-2018, 11:03 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
First time for me (during this WC) tonight out in a pub for an England game. Normally avoid due to excessive people, 8 million long at the bar and I piss every 15 mins when on the sauce......but f--k it, it's not every day you get to a WC semi.