Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
We’re closing at 4 then into *the* (un)official cpfc croydon boozer for 5

I’d piss myself if the screen broke down at Box park. Tourists and outsiders are not wanted in croydon
Old 11-07-2018, 02:14 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I remember on the day of the Germany semi in 1990, being in a car stuck in traffic on Waterloo bridge I think, a couple of hours before kick off. Someone beeped their horn...then someone else responded...then someone did the famous football chant using their horn, then every driver started beeping their horns to a man. It was just sheer shared excitement and anticipation and I’ve never seen anything like it before or since. Was hilarious to see the normally grim dour faced London workers/commuters so full of joy.

Last edited by bubbs11; 11-07-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:16 PM

laboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
We’re closing at 4 then into *the* (un)official cpfc croydon boozer for 5

I’d piss myself if the screen broke down at Box park. Tourists and outsiders are not wanted in croydon
Yeah how dare people have fun in our town!! Bastards
Old 11-07-2018, 02:38 PM

Repo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betray
Going to be watching it in the fanzone tonight: after seeing how packed all of the pubs in the West End were on Saturday afternoon, I couldn't face wandering round for hours trying to get in somewhere so am staying close(ish) to home.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:40 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
You wear replica shirts to work?
Grim
says the Spurs fan who talks about EPL

you probably haven't noticed but its quite a special unique working day today
Old 11-07-2018, 02:42 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Let your boy fight for himself, eaglejez. It's sort of sweet how you run to his side to hold his hand, but you don't need to do it every time.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:44 PM
Just living my life

nathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watching it at Sutton United today.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:45 PM

firstgame63cpfc Sam the man is herefirstgame63cpfc Sam the man is herefirstgame63cpfc Sam the man is herefirstgame63cpfc Sam the man is herefirstgame63cpfc Sam the man is herefirstgame63cpfc Sam the man is herefirstgame63cpfc Sam the man is herefirstgame63cpfc Sam the man is herefirstgame63cpfc Sam the man is herefirstgame63cpfc Sam the man is herefirstgame63cpfc Sam the man is here
I'm well up for this game tonight, feeling really positive which makes a change
for how i usually feel when watching England.
Good luck to the boys tonight.
It's coming home.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:57 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row View Post
They've had a more charmed run that Millwall had in the 2004 FA Cup.

Having said that, wouldn't be surprised if they get through to the final.
And Palace in 1990 until the semi.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:39 PM

Away Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is here
I'm watching at a party at the V&A - wasn't meant to be a football party but they must have reckoned no one would come otherwise. Son is in Split. Would rather we were both in the local but it'll be different at least.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:03 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
Small mercy that Roy never picked him for england!
He did - he was the only England manager to pick him!
Old 11-07-2018, 04:09 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
This is going to sound rather blasé, but we've already got further than I expected. I'm pretty relaxed about this, I know the team will be well prepared and competitive. They won't disgrace us.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:16 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Let your boy fight for himself, eaglejez. It's sort of sweet how you run to his side to hold his hand, but you don't need to do it every time.
I thought of letting it go but it was TMH
Old 11-07-2018, 04:18 PM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Been roped into watching it at Hyde park. Dreading it!
Old 11-07-2018, 04:25 PM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The lads will give it their all, nothing more we can ask. I just hope I don't have to wait 28 years for another or I might not see it!
Old 11-07-2018, 04:26 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
You wear replica shirts to work?
Grim
Today, glad you can read. Don't you wear replica shirts? From your posts you seem like a rugby fan who isn't really interested in football, I'll let this one pass.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:28 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
This is going to sound rather blasé, but we've already got further than I expected. I'm pretty relaxed about this, I know the team will be well prepared and competitive. They won't disgrace us.
Same feelings here but nervous as fck now. Won't have a better chance to reach a WC final for many more moons.

Come on England.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 11-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Same feelings here but nervous as fck now. Won't have a better chance to reach a WC final for many more moons.

Come on England.
We will - our team is going to continue improving.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:18 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Enough of this confidence. I agree with you but I can't bring myself to say it.

The baby Jesus will punish us for our hubris.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:18 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I remember on the day of the Germany semi in 1990, being in a car stuck in traffic on Waterloo bridge I think, a couple of hours before kick off. Someone beeped their horn...then someone else responded...then someone did the famous football chant using their horn, then every driver started beeping their horns to a man. It was just sheer shared excitement and anticipation and I’ve never seen anything like it before or since. Was hilarious to see the normally grim dour faced London workers/commuters so full of joy.
I've been watching the replay today: To view the link you have to Register or Login

We were great first half and have a similar formation again - let's hope we go one better tonight