Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:47 PM
Afferte mihi cervisiam

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Would like to see us play a side with a few changes but start with Kane. Would like to see him come back with the golden boot.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:50 PM

Lydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
2nd, 3rd, 4th..... whatever, they are loser positions.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:01 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
England coming 3rd or 4th in a world cup... Well done to the kids... Hope he gives a chance to some who did not play...
Old 12-07-2018, 02:03 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
England Second string vs. Belgium Second string for the second time in the same world cup. Crazy!
Old 12-07-2018, 02:05 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
I heard Stuart Pearce in Talksport saying that playing in the 3rd / 4th play off was like water torture.
Presume he means from the outside looking in since he didn't play in that match

Maybe Dorigo appreciated the chance to have a game after a month out there and set up the goal as well!
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:38 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by David of Kent View Post

Maybe Dorigo appreciated the chance
Australia's finest.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:11 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Seriously pointless game and when the players just want to get back to their native land or holiday they have to endure this. We don't have the two losing semi finalists playing each other in the FA cup so why do this?!
We did once upon a time, in fact one was played at Selhurst

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 12-07-2018, 06:21 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
I thought they were going to scrape this years ago, it does seem cruel, but guess it goes back to the Corinthian days and copying the Olympic format, should be scrapped.

However its a competitive game and there to be won. It would be nice if the lads came back with a medal, something to show their grandkids one day alongside their winners medal from 2022.

I read that Belgium want to win and will be playing to win, therefore I am sure England will drag their tired legs there and do their best.

On another view, it will be good experience for the young players and a win will lift their sprits, winning becomes a habit.

It will only be a waste of time if we just turn up because we have to and go through the motions.

A bronze medal in any major competition is worth having.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 12-07-2018, 08:59 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
I thought they were going to scrape this years ago, it does seem cruel, but guess it goes back to the Corinthian days and copying the Olympic format, should be scrapped.

However its a competitive game and there to be won. It would be nice if the lads came back with a medal, something to show their grandkids one day alongside their winners medal from 2022.

I read that Belgium want to win and will be playing to win, therefore I am sure England will drag their tired legs there and do their best.

On another view, it will be good experience for the young players and a win will lift their sprits, winning becomes a habit.

It will only be a waste of time if we just turn up because we have to and go through the motions.

A bronze medal in any major competition is worth having.
Well said. It is also a chance for Southgate to experiment a bit which I really think he could do with being able to do, we need to add some flexibility into our favoured system. I'd play a second 11 not because it's worthless but to give the guys a break and give the other, potentially overlooked players to show what they can do.
Old 13-07-2018, 06:22 AM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Seriously pointless game and when the players just want to get back to their native land or holiday they have to endure this. We don't have the two losing semi finalists playing each other in the FA cup so why do this?!
Endure this? Lol.
Old 13-07-2018, 06:32 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
Well said. It is also a chance for Southgate to experiment a bit which I really think he could do with being able to do, we need to add some flexibility into our favoured system. I'd play a second 11 not because it's worthless but to give the guys a break and give the other, potentially overlooked players to show what they can do.
Not sure I'd go full second team but certainly want to see some of them get a game. Butland, Rose and Vardy spring to mind.
Old 13-07-2018, 12:07 PM

laboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Not sure I'd go full second team but certainly want to see some of them get a game. Butland, Rose and Vardy spring to mind.
Maybe RLC too
Old 13-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Well I sincerely doubt Trippier will be available he looked crocked. I'd go:

Pickford

Stones - Maguire - Cahill

Trent AA - Dier - Delph - RLC - Rose

Rashford - Kane

Obviously make subs during the game based on the match itself but in an ideal world they would include Vardy (if fully fit), Welbeck and if were feeling generous even Jones.

Give Pickford every ounce of experience possible (he will be no 1 for years now), Kane will be desperate to play for the GB but gives us fresh legs in the key areas with some decent players coming in and a good experience for Alexander-Arnold for the future.

Last edited by Shipp Ahoy!; 13-07-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Old 13-07-2018, 01:22 PM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Funny most teams take it seriously and want the glory of finishing third.

But no not the good old English! Got to throw a strop and demand the whole thing be scrapped.
As a big nation used to playing in Finals and with a well-stocked trophy cabinet, the whole bronze medal thing just seems a bit trifling and beneath us.

Oh wait..
Old 13-07-2018, 01:30 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
Personal belief is that this is potentially the most pointless game in football.

Its like saying to 2 teams 'hey ... yes your hearts are broken not making it to the biggest final in football, but wanna play a game anyway for no reason?'

Should be scrapped in my eyes and let the players who were so close to their greatest day just head home.
It might seem that way, but from a players perspective, how many people have a world cup third place medal in the UK. In terms of something to put in an individuals trophy cabinet, its a rare medal (I think that in terms of English players, only the 1966 Squad have done better). I'd wager that, when it comes back to looking over your personal trophies, that's a lot more significant than just a medal that you took part in the world cup.

It pangs of the football mentality that its 'only important if you win it', but actually coming 3rd or 4th in the world, is a f**king massive achievement.
Old 13-07-2018, 01:35 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydder View Post
2nd, 3rd, 4th..... whatever, they are loser positions.
So except when Palace actually won the (then 2nd division) they've only ever been losers.

Ask any athlete how they feel about their silver and bronze Olympic medals. Such negativity, that we should approach our best tournament achievement since 1990 as being a loss.

I think if they win the 3rd and 4th place play off, it would be England's second best ever finish, in history.
Old 13-07-2018, 01:38 PM

Son of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Try and win it but play the reserves - I'd go with:

Butland
A-Arnold, Cahill, Jones, Rose
Dier
RLC, Delph, Rashford
Vardy, Welbeck
Old 13-07-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Smaller countries. Condescending much?!
Even if Croatia lose on Sunday, they will have achieved as much (possibly more) in football since 1966 than England, despite only having a population of around 4m, and only being a country since 1990.

So much for being a smaller country.

Is it really coincidence, that 20 years on from that 'meaningless bronze medal' they've got another golden generation come to the fore, and gone even further this time.

Similarly England, 20 years on from our last semi-final, we find ourselves with a generation of players who grew up in a generation inspired by that achievement.
Old 13-07-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Ron View Post
Try and win it but play the reserves - I'd go with:

Butland
A-Arnold, Cahill, Jones, Rose
Dier
RLC, Delph, Rashford
Vardy, Welbeck
Treat it like it is, a major game, in a major tournament, and play as many of the first team as possible. 3rd place, would be our Nations second best ever world cup achievement.

Many of those players in the squad now, grew up in generation born around 1990, and those players were legends to them growing up...
Old 13-07-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Spurs will be pretty pissed off by it and so for me that is good enough reason to think it is a good idea!
Why do they care, by that argument they're going to be losers in the premiership anyhow.