Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-02-2019, 01:04 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton View Post
Really? Thatís a cultured response to an open question. Twat.
ignore the fool. BBS mafia trying to shoot down anyone with a different opinion to themselves.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:06 AM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
If Roy must persist with Schlup/Keyate with Luka, then Meyer should absolutely be starting games ahead of Macca. Infuriating that he isn't. Superb when he came on (74th minute ffs) today. What could he have done if he'd had 45, or heaven forfend, 90mins out there?
Old 10-02-2019, 01:07 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Meyer shouldve come on earlier, if not started! Roy is obsessed with Schlupp, that is clear to see...we once again failed to use the squad adequately to win a football game. Managements fault. Game in game out.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:08 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle EAGLE View Post
Max should start, he deserves his chance quality player.
Agreed. It takes the creative onus from wing play alone, our only way to consistantly fashion goals since promotion, apart from the brief RLC cameo, when we got a glimpse of what we could be if opposition defenses had to worry about attacks from more than the flanks.

I think a midfield of Luka and Kouyate is solid enough to allow Meyer the chance to play centrally, behind the striker, at least at home. We've seen Meyer doesn't like playing with his back to goal as a DM but his speed of mind and technique will get us goals in patterns we wouldn't otherwise score from in a central, attacking role. I'd drop Jimmy Mac. He looked off the pace a couple of times today and we ticked over so much better once Meyer came on. Roy won't give Meyer a chance but I'd like to see it happen anyway.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:08 AM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Roy got on fine with RLC, another mercurial talent.

Meyer has been too lightweight and has struggled with the pace of the Premier League. He's slowly getting there - but still needs to find the right position.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:10 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
No. You are a twat.
What the f*ck is your problem? What do people like you get from being rude, in a totally unnecessary fashion, to a fellow Palace fan? F*cking banana-head.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:13 AM

TennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
This is what it is all about. There is a tactical plan and Roy picks the players best suited to execute the plan. You need much more talented players than we have got to just say, "don't worry about tactics boys, just go out there and express yourselves."
I would've agreed with this if I hadn't seen his spell as Liverpool and England manager. I think Roy is brilliant for maximising performance from limited talent. He can generally get performances from limited teams that are greater than the sum of its parts, and I think this was largely the reason for the teams improvement post De Boer in credit to him. Players knowing their roles and what was required was what was needed at the time.

For all the positives, he doesn't seem to be the best manager for individual talent. If the talent will fit within his tactical framework then it's fine generally, but Roy most definitely isn't one for changing his tactics to suit the need of an individual player, even if there is the potential to vastly improve the team.

This results in players with maximum ability playing below that ability due to not being played in a way that would benefit them. So people need to realise there is the trade-off. Do we want a manager that's good at working with limited resources, but generally won't adapt his tactics to benefit more technically blessed individuals, but will get a team playing above its level in said circumstances, or one that can start to utilise the more abundant talent we're starting to find ourselves with.

I sit in the Roy in camp for now at least, even with said trade-offs. I do believe that this squad is talented enough though, and is underperforming to a degree due to the tactical rigidity imposed upon it. Whether you get a manager that would truly maximise the teams potential is the massive gamble though, because you know what you get with Roy. Not an easy choice to replace him.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:18 AM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeKing View Post
I would've agreed with this if I hadn't seen his spell as Liverpool and England manager. I think Roy is brilliant for maximising performance from limited talent. He can generally get performances from limited teams that are greater than the sum of its parts, and I think this was largely the reason for the teams improvement post De Boer in credit to him. Players knowing their roles and what was required was what was needed at the time.

For all the positives, he doesn't seem to be the best manager for individual talent. If the talent will fit within his tactical framework then it's fine generally, but Roy most definitely isn't one for changing his tactics to suit the need of an individual player, even if there is the potential to vastly improve the team.

This results in players with maximum ability playing below that ability due to not being played in a way that would benefit them. So people need to realise there is the trade-off. Do we want a manager that's good at working with limited resources, but generally won't adapt his tactics to benefit more technically blessed individuals, but will get a team playing above its level in said circumstances, or one that can start to utilise the more abundant talent we're starting to find ourselves with.

I sit in the Roy in camp for now at least, even with said trade-offs. I do believe that this squad is talented enough though, and is underperforming to a degree due to the tactical rigidity imposed upon it. Whether you get a manager that would truly maximise the teams potential is the massive gamble though, because you know what you get with Roy. Not an easy choice to replace him.
Ridiculously good post due to:

a) being lucid and erudite at length on a Sat night!
b) not getting touchy with the open question I posed
c) tallying - sadly - with my thoughts and readings on Roy.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2019, 01:19 AM

TennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post

Meyer has been too lightweight and has struggled with the pace of the Premier League. He's slowly getting there - but still needs to find the right position.
He did, but that's more down to the fact RLC had the attributes to play wide left decently, even if by trade he never played there previously. He was big/strong, pacey and able to carry the ball forward. He's a vastly different player to Meyer.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:40 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton View Post
Ridiculously good post due to:

a) being lucid and erudite at length on a Sat night!
b) not getting touchy with the open question I posed
c) tallying - sadly - with my thoughts and readings on Roy.

Thanks
See? Pompous twat
Old 10-02-2019, 06:09 AM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
See? Pompous twat
I think you're the bigger twat to be honest.

Embarassment .
Old 10-02-2019, 06:32 AM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Personally I think we've played fine without him, Kouyate grew into his role and everyone else played theirs too, having him as an option is fantastic and when we can use him to Roy's satisfaction (clearly he has some things to learn) we'll be better, patience. I trust in our manager.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:04 AM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:

I know some people on here say that he played for Germany as a defensive mid but, for me, in the Premier League, he is a number 10. Two solid midfielders behind him, two wide midfielders/wingers and a forward to work with and he could be devastating next season.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:12 AM

BadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

I agree with this. At the beginning of the season, despite his quality going forward, I thought Max looked poor defensively - taking risks in the wrong areas, poor positioning and not always tracking back (pretty much as RLC when he first joined). I am sure he will get more game time once he improves these aspects of his game. Royís system is based on team defence - look at our GA to see how effective it is - and cannot afford a weak link, particularly in the important midfield area.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:06 AM

Ron Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ive not been convinced but apart from losing the ball a few times in dangerous places, he was decent against Fulham and very good today!
Old 10-02-2019, 09:21 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
let the bloke talk.. are you the king of the BBS?
More of a spoilt princess I think ..

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 10-02-2019, 09:24 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
What the f*ck is your problem? What do people like you get from being rude, in a totally unnecessary fashion, to a fellow Palace fan? F*cking banana-head.
Unfortunately they get a kick from responses like this. Just ignore them
Old 10-02-2019, 09:35 AM

scissors10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescissors10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescissors10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescissors10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescissors10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescissors10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescissors10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescissors10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescissors10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescissors10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescissors10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeKing View Post

well said
Old 10-02-2019, 09:35 AM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Ian Wright on MOTD - I wish Roy would start Meyer as there looks to be something special between him and Wilf
And PVA.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:37 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Is it really that hard to spell his name correctly?

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end