Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 24-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1eagle View Post
Maybe because what Parish said didn't make any sense at all?
So you'd believe Durham over our chairman? Fair enough, tells me all I need to know about where you're coming from.
Old 24-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Banned by Moderators

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Surely that's for Pulis to judge. He's the one that has to manage the players after all.
But it's Parish et al who have to pick up the pieces if it doesn't work or TP walks out for a better job.
Old 24-08-2014, 10:28 AM

GDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
So you don't back the manager's judgement, when he's won PL manager of the year and kept the club up in the Premier League for the first time in its history. Fine, not surprised he wanted out.

He was being backed, you can see this from some of the bids we made. But even the best managers in the world get told 'no' every now and then.

It's up to them how they deal with it, sadly Pulis decided to walk.
Old 24-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron View Post
So you'd believe Durham over our chairman? Fair enough, tells me all I need to know about where you're coming from.
Mate, Steve Parish is already a legend in my eyes, and I am hugely grateful for all he has done for the club.

However if you believe Steve Parish's interview then you believe that there was no friction at all, and transfers had nothing to do with it, and he doesn't really know why TP wanted to leave. Sorry but I just don't buy it.
Old 24-08-2014, 10:30 AM
53 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
So you don't back the manager's judgement, when he's won PL manager of the year and kept the club up in the Premier League for the first time in its history. Fine, not surprised he wanted out.
I would back his judgement totally on whether they are the right players. But I wouldn't necessarily back his judgement as to whether they offer good value for money.
Old 24-08-2014, 10:32 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Jordan or Goldberg would have said yes to Pulis signing players on high wages, on 2-3 year contracts who would be over the hill at any time - luckily Steve Parish is not a dope when it comes to the club going bankrupt again.
Old 24-08-2014, 10:33 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
We have two supposed sources - Parish's statement that says there was no friction and that no transfer was refused, and Durham's claim that Pulis left because of not wanting to sign Etherington/Walters/Crouch. Quite where this 'Pulis wanted to control the whole club' meme has come from I have no idea.
A number of sources, be they ex-players or those commenting on his time at Stoke etc who all paint the picture of the same man.
Old 24-08-2014, 10:33 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Come on. We're not talking about 25 players, we're talking about 3 players, two of which are 33 years old and so would not expect long contracts, and one of which is out of contract and would have been a free transfer. We were prepared to pay Chamakh a higher wage for a short-term contract, why not the others?

Again, just my theory - but put yourself in a Palace 'squad' players position.

You are on 25,000 per week and the boss brings in three guys who are not big names on 50,000 each.

Wouldn't you want to get their money for the same job? It would lead to a strike at many places of work!
Old 24-08-2014, 10:36 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Surely that's for Pulis to judge. He's the one that has to manage the players after all.
And Parish is the one who has to pay their wages whether Pulis is here or not. JAT.
Old 24-08-2014, 10:36 AM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why all of a sudden is anyone giving any credence whatsoever to anything that fat ginger c*nt has to say?
Is that, by any chance, friendly banter?
Old 24-08-2014, 10:38 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
More fool him then. He should have moved heaven and earth to keep the club's most valuable asset and earner.
Just a feeling, but I think it came down to including something as bald and ugly as to what bonus Pulis would get this season, or something involving personal financials. Ie he'd got a massive staying up bonus already for the previous season and wanted that and a bit more, it dragged on, got a bit dirty with leaks to the ES about the bonus payments for this year and he pulled out once he got paid for last season and it was clear it wasn't going to change much this year.

Conjecture of course. No one knows except those 2 and even then they may interpret the same facts differently, but the timing was bizarre and not in our interests at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 24-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Quote:
Mate, Steve Parish is already a legend in my eyes, and I am hugely grateful for all he has done for the club.

However if you believe Steve Parish's interview then you believe that there was no friction at all, and transfers had nothing to do with it, and he doesn't really know why TP wanted to leave. Sorry but I just don't buy it.
It's perfectly plausible. I could go into work Tuesday, walk straight into my managers office and say I wasn't happy and wanted to leave with no further explanation whatsoever. I'm pretty sure he'd be as baffled as Parish was as I've given no indication I'm unhappy.
Old 24-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Nothing to see here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
Is that, by any chance, friendly banter?
No, it's a statement of fact.
Old 24-08-2014, 10:45 AM
BTC

Far East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's perfectly plausible. I could go into work Tuesday, walk straight into my managers office and say I wasn't happy and wanted to leave with no further explanation whatsoever. I'm pretty sure he'd be as baffled as Parish was as I've given no indication I'm unhappy.
And imagine that you had also been the head of a team working on the company's biggest ever project, masterminded by you, then you walk, leaving everyone in the brown stuff. You certainly wouldn't get any thanks and you'd be no-one's "legend"
Old 24-08-2014, 10:48 AM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:

Yes. It doesn't add up does it.
Old 24-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's plausible, granted. But highly unlikely, assuming you haven't given up your capacity for critical thinking.
Old 24-08-2014, 10:55 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathers54 View Post
Take off the specs or clean the shit out of your eyes.

The fans were so flat today, everyone was feeling it despite the best efforts to get Selhurst going and get behind the players. No one is on the same page and there is a clear divide. People were clearly dejected or were you not there? The BBS is also going in to melt down with people slagging each other off to get their opinion across.

The players were deflated and you could clearly see it. They were totally disjointed and probably surprised as much as us that we are back here in the shit, like we were under Holloway last season. This club isn't together as one at the moment.

Whatever TP has issue with, to walk away 48 hours before the start of the season when he had a very similar squad to last season and still had 2 weeks of the window left for purchases and loans to strengthen, is piss poor. ******* walk away if you don't get what you want when the window closes not **** the club, players and fans over 2 days before the Arsenal game. It was clear the effect of him leaving would have on everyone, so he knew what he was trying to do.

That said, SP should have seen this shit coming and should have dealt with it back in May/June. Pulis would have made his feelings known and is he wasn't right for the clubs finances, then he should have gone and we should have found our replacement then.

I do find them both accountable, they wont justify their actions for obvious reasons but they're certainly responsible.

You attempt to make SP out to be the victim without knowing jack shit about the facts. No one here knows anything. Yes he is left in a shit situation but he will have to pull something out of the bag quick, otherwise i cannot see this club recovering for the second time in two seasons. The odds are stacked against us now. Pulis is respected in this league, probably far more than we are as a club and therefore people will look at us less favourably.

As for the word 'redeem' that you want to emphasise. I will elaborate for you. "A piss poor start redeemed by the recruitment of a well respected and experienced manager and the purchase of some good players".
Having cleaned the shit out of my eyes I have to say I agree with most of your comments...whether SP is a victim or not, he has certainly been left in the mire by TP walking away, and it seems to be over the transfer budget and the extent that TP controlled who was bought in, how much more money would TP have wanted to be happy? We don't know, presumably if we stayed up TP would do the same thing all over again next year....Parish has made it quite clear that redeveloping the ground is also a priority, TP seemed quite happy to sacrifice that part of the project, and we know how easily managers can walk away, let's face it most will always want more money for themselves and for players transfers.....its less easy for the owners to walk away, and CPFC2010 are clearly trying to work to a plan...'a piss poor start' might be one where TP was left in place long enough to screw this up

In terms of finding new players TP seemed to be his reluctant to look at foreign players from other leagues, preferring either British players or foreign players who had EPL experience...while laudable, and certainly important last season, this rather limited the pool of talent available and meant that we were going to pay top dollar for what was around and also negated in part Moddy's value in having contacts abroad

Parish's plan for a quick replacement with Mackay was rapidly destroyed by the 'Cardiff' issue (interestingly sparked by a chairman who felt his manager's dealings in the transfer market unsatisfactory), I can't see how SP is to blame for this.

I'm sure SP will sort something out, and we will get some players in, whether it's enough to survive this season, time will tell... As far as I am concerned CPFC2010 will always be Palace fans who have put their balls on the line...Pulis will forever be a manager who walked out on us!

Peace and love and all that
Old 24-08-2014, 10:56 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far East Eagle View Post
And imagine that you had also been the head of a team working on the company's biggest ever project, masterminded by you, then you walk, leaving everyone in the brown stuff. You certainly wouldn't get any thanks and you'd be no-one's "legend"
This is what gets me as well. How the hell can you do that 2 days before a season start with no inkling to your team? He's shit on his own legacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 24-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Nothing to see here.

Quote:
It's plausible, granted. But highly unlikely, assuming you haven't given up your capacity for critical thinking.
It is if I knew I was going to be employed again very soon.
Old 24-08-2014, 11:09 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
More fool him then. He should have moved heaven and earth to keep the club's most valuable asset and earner.
Not if it meant handing over the clubs finances to one man...given that player wages and transfer fees will be by far and away the biggest tranche of yearly spending, for many clubs it exceeds their income, for our club that also needs to find money to rebuild we just can't do that

Secondly TP was an employee, yes a very important one but nevertheless an employee who was liable to walk away at anytime (as has been proven) I can't think of any business that would allow an employee to have more sway over the finances than the owner.

In terms of whether TP had enough control of the player budget is another thing, although with the Mackay/Cardiff issue Malky was happy to be able to say that all the top management of the club signed off on deals.....It maybe that TP wasn't prepared for this to be the case at Palace...who knows??