Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 14-08-2018, 01:23 PM

BR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Shut down / sleep problems

Hello,

A long and exhaustive google has yet to yield any positive results. Since a windows update several months my laptop (an HP) has failed to shut down or sleep properly.

If I shut down it doesn't complete the process and if I close the lid it will not wake up. The only solution is to open the lid and do a hard restart holding the power button until it powers down.

Any one got any solutions, I have been through all the various sleep and power settings through control panel and its driving me mad that my otherwise healthy laptop is so painful to use.
Old 14-08-2018, 03:38 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have you tried resetting the hibernation file?
In administrator command prompt type powercfg.exe /h off
Reboot then powercfg.exe /h on
Old 14-08-2018, 05:26 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Have you tried turning off the Fast Boot option somewhere in the power settings ?
Old 14-08-2018, 05:44 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Alternative approach:

I had a problem with my laptop a few months ago, took it my local phone/computer kiosk type repair shop. The guy basically fixed it straight away for almost nothing. If you have someone local like that you think you can trust, may be worth a go.
Old 14-08-2018, 06:18 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Have you tried cookies and milk?
Old 14-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
What version of windows? Are you 100% patched up to date now?

Any clues in the logs? Use / Google 'Event Viewer'.
Old 15-08-2018, 10:38 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Had some good suggestions here....any news ????
Old 19-08-2018, 04:04 PM

BR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sorry for delay was moving house this week. Had tried some so tried resetting the hibernation file which had no joy. The cookies and milk were delicious but alas didn't resolve the laptop.

Have decided to seek professional help.