Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:26 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Xbox One Controller Button not working

Hi guys,

Just a quick one really, our son got a new Xbox One controller for Xmas, a red official one. Spilt a drink on it two days later, all the buttons work except X. It's not stuck or sticky but it just doesn't work. Any idea what's wrong with it or how to fix it please, it's like the X button just doesn't seem to be responding.

Thanks.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:50 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Be sneaky and take it back to the shop/send it back saying it was faulty upon use.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:53 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I did think that but I can't find the bloody receipt can I, rather typically.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:59 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I did think that but I can't find the bloody receipt can I, rather typically.
Always keep the bloody receipt!

Had that drummed into me over the years.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:19 AM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Go to shop buy a new one the same. Take old one back with new receipt as above. Get replacement.

Sell on eBay or keep as an extra controller, your choice....
Old 07-01-2019, 09:08 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
They're really cheaply made these days, the old 360 ones were proper units.

For me the left joystick is the first thing to go, but I've learnt how to fix them by opening them up and strapping it in place with a thin cable tie.

I wish there was a generic controller with a good build as I hate the fact that ms are charging so much for substandard controllers.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 07-01-2019, 09:11 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Re. Your specific issue. Only fix I'd try is to take it apart and clean the X connector with rubbing alcohol. I've only got a button going once or twice though, so if you've not the time to faff about, the then replacement is probably your best bet.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 07-01-2019, 09:12 AM
Pure Codology

Obviously once you open it up, any warranty you have is invalid. But if you don't have the receipt...

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 07-01-2019, 09:21 AM
Pure Codology

If you do go down a fixing route, this is the best kit to use.

Fosmon Game Controller Console 7 Pieces Tool Repair Kit, Magnetic T6 T8 T10 Screwdriver Set for Xbox 360 Xbox One Controller and Console, PS3 and PS4 Console To view the link you have to Register or Login

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 07-01-2019, 09:23 AM
Werkself

Cheers. Will give it a look. He has a new one now anyway but if I can get this one working again then at least he has two controllers. If not then nothing lost anyway.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Pure Codology

Cool, yeah it's better than giving ms another forty odd quid.

Sir Clinton Morrison