Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 14-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
24:04:15

"Apple Watch sales predictions for all nine launch countries range from 2.3 million for day one to 20 million for the launch window, when backorders get fulfilled."

Two days ago

"The Apple Watch, despite years of hype before it was even announced, appears to be flopping after all.

It wasn't a good sign when Apple announced shortly before the Watch release that they weren't going to be breaking out sales numbers. Now, a new report from third-party analysts Slice Intelligence not only show that Apple Watch sales are down 90% since launch—a big deal, since it implies early adopters aren't regaling more cautious buyers with glowing word-of-mouth—but also that Fitbit is outselling Apple in the wearables space. Apple may have already crushed small time smartwatch companies like Pebble, but the Watch has failed to disrupt the larger wearable marketplace.

"Sales of the new Apple Watch have plunged by 90% since the opening week, according to a new market-research report.

Apple AAPL, +0.43% has been selling fewer than 20,000 watches a day in the U.S. since the initial surge in April, and on some days fewer than 10,000, according to data from Palo Alto, Calif.-based Slice Intelligence.

That is a sharp decline from the week of the April 10 launch, when Apple sold about 1.5 million watches, or an average of about 200,000 a day, Slice estimates."

Views?
Old 14-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Probationary User

andy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Does anyone know if an apple watch brought in the US will work over here?
Old 14-07-2015, 06:43 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy.kjfooty View Post
Does anyone know if an apple watch brought in the US will work over here?
Yes, but very little saving.

42mm sports $399

Old 14-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Probationary User

andy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy.kjfooty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Oh right how much is it over here then
Old 14-07-2015, 07:00 PM

MAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Utterly brilliant.

This watch is utterly useless. And rather unpleasant to look at.
Have you got one?
Old 14-07-2015, 07:05 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I got one in Los Angeles on Saturday morning. Saved me about 50 but you'll need to get yourself a different plug.
Old 14-07-2015, 07:54 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Utterly brilliant.

This watch is utterly useless. And rather unpleasant to look at.
I thinks it looks fantastic but not sure how I would get on with it at work. Sure it would get damaged easily.

Old 14-08-2015, 12:23 PM
And a packet of crisps

Pint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl.eldridge View Post
Mine arrives on Friday.
Thoughts?
Old 14-08-2015, 03:56 PM

zealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Can I use the Apple watch for paying via Apple Pay?
Old 15-08-2015, 10:14 AM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
I can't bring myself to get a first-gen but am excited about eventually getting the watch. Having a pomodoro app (timing method) with data on my wrist is exciting, not to mention the health stuff.
Old 16-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealant View Post
Can I use the Apple watch for paying via Apple Pay?
yes
Old 18-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Banned by Moderators

Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms Wenda Simms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
yes
Thanks. I've been wondering about it as well. My iPhone 5 doesn't support Apple payments. maybe connecting it to an Apple Watch will help?
Old 18-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenda Simms View Post
Thanks. I've been wondering about it as well. My iPhone 5 doesn't support Apple payments. maybe connecting it to an Apple Watch will help?
you are going to need the app and only available on the 6
Old 26-12-2015, 09:19 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Whats everyones favorite apps / uses for their watch?
Old 26-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Got one this Xmas. Really not sure though.
It's still in it's unopened box. Might take it back for something else.
What would you do?
Old 26-12-2015, 10:36 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I got a sort of imitation one for my birthday than you could get text messages and e-mails on.

I took it back... it seems a bridge too far to me.
Old 26-12-2015, 11:16 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
I think a thread on an apple product that has 2 months between the post from K-T's to Dave's today sums it up. I think there is more current discussion on the ipod shuffle thread

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 27-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
I think a thread on an apple product that has 2 months between the post from K-T's to Dave's today sums it up. I think there is more current discussion on the ipod shuffle thread

I don't think BBS thread activity is any indicator of anything really.

It's growing on me.
Old 27-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

It's growing on me.
Oh, that sounds nasty. I know the fitbit can irritate the skin but that sounds far worse

On a more serious note - what is the most useful 'thing' for you other than text, phone and email or is it just those?
Old 27-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

It's growing on me.
Well mine's still in its unopened box and it shall stay there until the BBS has advised me otherwise!