Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 21-02-2018, 12:19 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Love this game, I'm on a mission in the main quest.

Was not impartial to a few liberties.

Mission is cancelled for me, as i got arrested by the peeps i'm with and am spending 10 days in jail!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 21-02-2018, 12:22 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Literally locked up for what feels like 5-6 mins.

Watching a fudging sundial turn for ten days.

S&M gaming.

Glad it's f'ked or it'd be too good.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 21-02-2018, 07:01 AM
Holmesdale Lower Block G

Zareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Love your little snippets! It Sounds very interesting to say the least!
Old 21-02-2018, 02:51 PM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Really tempted by this game but the bugs are kinda putting me off. I love how its all based on real History too.
Old 21-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Pure Codology

Yeah, I though you would be, as a fellow witcherphile!

Can well understand being put off, it needs an ocean of patching. Probably best to wait and see. Have to say it's one of my favourite games so far.

I have a horse now so I'm gadding about like a pimp. It's changed my life, not only can I move about Bohemia at speed, I can store all of my flowers and gear in its saddlebags.

I'm at a point now where I'm doing some detective schtick, an incident has happened and I've been interviewing people all over the shop. It's where the lack of hand-holding really comes into its own. It has literally taken me the whole day (in the game) to work out wtf is going on and the people I need to interview are all now asleep and tell me to FO when I try and wake them up. I have also gorged myself on some chicken that I found whilst looking around for clues and have indigestion and i'm so tired that my character keeps closing his eyes, but no f'ker will let me into their bed.

Am literally the worst and least popular private investigator in christendom!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 22-02-2018, 09:48 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't know if I'll get the game, but I'm certainly going to keep coming to this thread to see your posts

brings back happy memories from the Civ thread!
Old 23-02-2018, 12:43 PM
Pure Codology

Cheers, I suppose it's the only payback for being a happy but hopeless gamer!

The game is hokey AF in some respects. The 'random events' you come across have mainly been the same so far and if you successfully play through it once, you can rinse and repeat every time you come across the same event for guaranteed success. Also, the hats, specifically the hats. There's a fair amount of 'pop-in' of graphics, which isn't really a problem for the landscape (which is beautiful) but when a dude is five feet away wearing a white hat and it disappears when he's six feet, only to pop back in when you walk to catch him up, it's jarring and breaks the immersion.

I'm enjoying the game though, but I have to refrain from talking about some of the stuff in the quests as I really don't want to drop any spoilers on this thread, I'm just muddling through.

Even when I was eventually successful in progressing the investigation, I went back to the General to proudly declare my findings and he spent five minutes full-on shouting in my face about how I couldn't just wander off without telling him where I'm going (like I f'king knew?) and that the next time he would have me hanged for desertion. He was livid. It was a bit strong, though I had been away for a day and a half.

One of the aspects I like about the game is the flow of consequences, if I had kept him informed of what a hames I was making of it all he would've liked me a lot more than he does now and wouldn't be treating me like such a herbert. The same goes for how different villages and towns consider you. There's little village in which they have come under the misapprehension that I'm some sort of hero and they're all like 'Hallo, Henry!' 'God bless you!' and all that back-slapping jazz. Whilst, in one of the larger towns, where I've been caught on the rob (and where I spanked that noble man,) I can't move for guards stopping and searching me every five minutes, so I have to make sure I don't have anything hot on me when I'm there.

The upshot is that you actually care about maintaining appearances where you're well regarded. e.g. I was leaving that village on horseback at night when I came across a merchant lying murdered by the side of the road in the woods and another merchant going through his pockets. I challenged the merchant and norsed up our conversation to the point where he was determined to peg it to the village and lie that I had killed the other chap and was looting the body.

In the whole game, that village are the only ones that like me, so I couldn't have that. I jumped on my horse and chased after him with my sword out, thrashing wildly and ineffectually, riding my steed into trees and allsorts, until I eventually lucked out, caught him on the side of the noggin, and felled the cad. I had a quick look around to make sure there were no witnesses (it's pitch black out there at night) stripped him of his worldlies and dumped his corpse in a stream, well away from the road.

Of course I promptly rode back and robbed the other corpse, but I couldn't have my good name sullied.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 24-02-2018, 11:31 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I saw this the other day and looked well intrigued. Then I read reviews. Think I might well give this a look once it has been patched properly. Sounds right up my street.
Old 27-02-2018, 03:14 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Indeed. I have played a couple of games where how you are perceived by people matters.

An old game Fable was like that.
Old 25-03-2018, 08:58 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
WHERE ARE THE UPDATES?!
Old 26-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Pure Codology

Xbox one updated this week, or do you mean from me?

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 27-03-2018, 09:37 AM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
From you
Old 28-03-2018, 01:06 PM
Pure Codology

Ahhh...

Well, where to begin?

I've spent less time on it since Sea of Thieves came out, but one happy consequence of SoT is that I invested in a cheap but brilliant headset, so that I can talk to other pirates, and I've been using the headset when tramping round Bohemia. Luckily my family are all tucked up when I get on, as I look like a right moomin in them.

Anyway, I hadn't realised quite how brilliant the sound is. I have been doing a lot of poaching in the woods and the sounds of birdsong, running water, and twigs snapping as you stalk your quarry, is so immersive. The woods themselves are incredible as you travel through them, I don't think I've seen more beautiful and realistic woodland in a game. It's vivid and the effect of the sound with the foliage and the light really hold you there.

Poaching is lucrative, but doesn't come without risk, if you get caught as best you get a shoeing, at worst gaol time. I have somewhat gone off the rails since my last update and I'm not flavour of the month in a fair few towns and villages. I've basically become a bit of a wrong 'un and have spent a total of about a month in the clink. The longest sentence I've served is eleven days. You literally sit there watching a sundial against a black screen for the whole sentence and when you get out your so degraded physically and mentally that even climbing up onto your horse takes the puff out of you.

My undoing is that I can't help myself for robbing. Literally any opportunity I get to look in someone's pockets or break into someone's house is too much temptation for me and I get caught. A lot. But the poaching has filled my coffers without a doubt. I have about 3k in groschen. Some innkeepers will buy poached meat, but most will start yelling for the guards. Once the meat is cooked they have no idea it's been poached and you also get more wedge for it.

I'm very early in the main quest line as I spend my time being a villain and knobbing. Yes, I've been knobbing a lot. Boffed a noble woman whose husband was away, have been dating a fellow peasant and every few days I go to the bath houses to pay for a wench's time (ravishing them gives you the 'alpha male' perk which improves your character's confidence and vitality for a while.) It's a sad fact that this pixelated deadbeat has been getting way more action than I have IRL, but that's fatherhood for you.

I've also been learning to read and, whilst I can't get through everything, I can read a fair amount of skill books to improve my character.

The alchemy and potion making is brilliant. It's not like other games where you just combine x with y and get z. You have to do the medieval Jamie Oliver schtick and follow a recipe exactly, boiling, cooking, cooling, mixing, distilling; allsorts. I think when you get advanced you can just combine and 'bam' it's made, but I love the way you have to read closely and follow a recipe. It feels great when you are successful for the first time in making a specific potion. I'm currently scouring Bohemia for a poison recipe as I have a camp chock full of bandits who's grub I want to poison, but with so much robbing and knobbing, it's difficult to find the time.

With the money I've accrued, it's time to buy a new horse, the one you are given in the main mission, 'Pebbles,' is slow, can't carry much, and gets scared when people are charging at you with axes and whatnot. The sad thing is that I've grown quite attached to him. He's just such a useless bellend. Such a dick. I suppose I see myself in him. However I do need a better horse, as I have two outfits, one set of kick arse (and very heavy) armour and one black (and, importantly, quiet) cat burglar/ hunting one, when you throw in the hundreds of plants and flowers and all the hooky meat and ill gotten shiny things I regularly have to transport; he's just not up to the job. I've been putting it off though. It'll be a sad day.

One cool thing that happened in my story was that, earlier in the game, I was sent to steal something from this guy's house. I snuck in whilst he was asleep and then proceeded to make such an appalling racket whilst searching his house that he woke up and started looking around, his dog barking, the lot. I hid in another dark room and pulled out a cosh, was ready to smash him to the next world if he discovered me. Luckily he decided it was nothing and f'ked off out of the gaff to get on with his day, leaving me to eventually relieve him of this item. Fast forward after doing a whole bunch of other things, I came across this dude again and ended up playing cupid and match-making him with some doris, for which he was incredibly grateful and gave me something special as a 'thank you.' I love the fact that, had I killed him, none of that would have ever happened and the developers just don't care that I would have missed that story. Now I can stop by their house and see them living their life together. It could have all been so different.

The update seems to have made it smoother, less pop-in etc., though obviously I haven't tested the main mission bits I had trouble with earlier in the game.

The first game I'm going to when everybody goes beddibyes is SoT, but that's high octane and interactive with other players (if you're playing it right) that to then play this afterwards is just so chilled.

It's a beautiful game that stays with you.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 28-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Holmesdale Lower Block G

Zareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Love your posts! Thank you for taking the time to write these.

Best paragraph about your dearly beloved horse... even though he is a dick and a bellend!
Old 29-03-2018, 03:14 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
That last post is brilliant. You should market for the developers.
Old 29-03-2018, 04:57 AM
glad all over

Son of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good read.
Old 29-03-2018, 04:59 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Old 29-03-2018, 09:07 AM
Shake it Baby

So much robbing and knobbing

Old 29-03-2018, 09:33 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
the old rob & knob
Old 29-03-2018, 10:14 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Has the game been patched enough yet to be less annoying? This is looking right up my street from reviews and your posts.

Shame it's still quite expensive in most places.