Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 29-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
I'm playing on the xbox and the patch that has just come through was their 'week one patch,' which took a long time for MS to approve; it was quickly implemented on the pc (not sure about PS.)

It's definitely less annoying than it was visually. There is still pop-in on hats etc. but it was so bad previously that it's noticeably improved.

As I'm such a kleptomaniac sex-case in the game, I can't yet comment on whether the main mission issues are fixed, which really set my noggin raging when I encountered problems.

Obviously if you like role-playing games and history, then I'd recommend it. The caveat is that I'm an old school gamer, when you were six and I was twelve, I was playing a game called Police Quest on the amiga (one whole megabyte!), where you had to type in the commands. Say the character was supposed to drink a cup of coffee, you'd sit there for fudging hours typing in every conceivable permutation of 'drink coffee,' 'pick up cup,' 'pick up coffee cup,' 'take cup,' 'grab cup', 'pick up coffee,' ad nauseam and, in the end, give up on the f'king coffee. So there's an innate patience and forgiveness that has been instilled in me, because games' hokeyness has largely been eradicated with the explosion of the industry, where it was endemic before.

What I'm saying, is that it is 'Triple A' game, at a triple A price, but it has been created by a brand new studio via crowdfunding, it's been built with love (and no little skill) but it is not as swish as The Witcher, Skyrim or Assassin's Creed etc. and I imagine there will always be a hokey aspect to it. To be honest, I find that a little charming. For example, in the game, when you have dialogue with someone, it goes to a cutscene (a bit like noddies on the news.) Now, I was waiting for a contact in a church yard. There was a bench there, so I sat down and started to read one of my books whilst I waited for him. He arrived and stood in front of me, so I started to talk to him and it went to a dialogue cutscene. Because of the camera angle and how close he was standing to me, it totally looked like I was noshing him off through the whole dialogue scene and I couldn't stop laughing, so much so I completely forgot what he was saying to me and I'm still none the wiser. Stuff like that you wouldn't see in these massive budget games.

So the long and the short of what I'm saying is there's no harm in waiting, as I'll bet my bottom groschen that there'll be more patches and, naturally, the price will deflate. If you bought this game expecting it to have the production values of the titles above, then you'd be disappointed, beautiful though it is. But, if you have the patience to play an old school game, that doesn't hold your hand and is a bit of a basket case, then jump right in.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 29-03-2018, 04:11 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Long story short, buy it but don't be hatin' on the hokey!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 31-03-2018, 12:56 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I've taken the plunge and bought it on PS4. I shall report back my findings as and when I get a chance to play it.
Old 31-03-2018, 02:31 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post
I invested in a cheap but brilliant headset
What was the make of the headsets?

KC: D sounds great, think i'll have to invest when it's on offer (with 400+ games in my Steam Library I've decided I need to be a bit more selective).
Old 31-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Pure Codology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I've taken the plunge and bought it on PS4. I shall report back my findings as and when I get a chance to play it.
I really hope you enjoy it, hokey and all!

If it's you kind of thing, then i'm sure you will.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 31-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Pure Codology

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
What was the make of the headsets?

KC: D sounds great, think i'll have to invest when it's on offer (with 400+ games in my Steam Library I've decided I need to be a bit more selective).
Lol; that's a lot!

This is the moomin headgear:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 31-03-2018, 11:53 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I don't want to take away from the thread creator but I do want to share my experiences and opinions so I will try to stick a few bits and pieces on here from time to time. So I have started up a game, took almost an hour and a half to download the update. It's a bit heavy storywise to begin with and I got to a point about 10 mins in where I just wanted to get going.

After that I managed to shut Henry's Mum up and went searching for some food, literally the first thing is you are hungry... So I "stole" a bag of Apple's from the back room. Not really sure it's stealing when it's your families food but whatever.

Anyway went and spoke to the old man and got given a few tasks to do. Great I thought, but right from the off I went wandering off and got lost. Eventually I found my way, but fair to say the map / compass is a little confusing and stuff pops up on the screen like you have found certain shops or people when you haven't even really done anything. First task was to get some money from a guy who owes it to your Dad. First I thought I would be polite, first task I thought can't be too hard. Needless to say the game throws you right in at the deep end. The guy basically refused to give me the money so I decided to try raid his house... He basically has **** all so I decided to steal the axe he bought from Henry's Dad... And I got caught and killed eventually by a guard. Great start!

Second time I stole the axe without anyone seeing me, ran off like a naughty little school boy and tried to sell it. Then tried to use the proceeds to buy some charcoal. Then realised that I didn't know how much I needed... And I still don't know. The axe doesn't seem to cover much in the way of cost.

I then went off to find the Tavern and came across an argument which gave me a great opportunity. Help my friends throw shit at some Germans house in exchange for them helping me get the money from the axe thieving nonce up the road.

Anyway I don't want to go into much more detail as I don't want to ruin it for others. But needless to say I was caught being naughty once again and got killed (AGAIN!). Fighting is pretty sound but as soon as someone comes after you with a weapon, you are basically ****ed. And I haven't really come across any major glitches thus far thankfully. I have really enjoyed the 40 odd minutes I have played so far but hoping I can find my way around a bit easier and try not to get caught being so bad in future. The Town is stunning, really cannot praise the graphics in this game enough right now.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 31-03-2018 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:36 AM
Pure Codology

Great stuff; glad you like it too!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 01-04-2018, 08:53 AM
Holmesdale Lower Block G

Zareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Great stuff; glad you like it too!
Iím hovering over my amazon Prime basket right now with Deliverance in there... To click or not to click.

Think iím going to do it!
Old 01-04-2018, 09:57 AM
Pure Codology

Bohemia beckons.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 01-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Werkself

Just finished the prologue and got a bit of a story going. Saw some video on YouTube about getting rich and having loads of shit before leaving Skalitz. All seemed a bit much to me, basically making Henry massively rich and over powered before you even really do anything in the game.

Tried to make a run for it on a horse but bled to death. Will try again later bit got to go to the in laws for dinner now.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:32 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Lol; that's a lot!

This is the moomin headgear:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Cheers, I've played about 10% of my library so loads of games to get through!!
Old 02-04-2018, 09:39 AM
Holmesdale Lower Block G

Zareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Bohemia beckons.

Itís incoming!! Will get to play for the first time on Thursday!
Old 02-04-2018, 09:50 AM
Pure Codology

Get in; hope you like it!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 04-04-2018, 03:49 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Tried to make a run for it on a horse but bled to death. Will try again later bit got to go to the in laws for dinner now.
In the game LOL.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:35 AM
Pure Codology

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 04-04-2018, 01:05 PM
Pure Codology

The day came to trade in Pebbles.

With a heavy heart I rode him to the horse trader and stripped his tack; his harness and saddle. He stood there looking sad and unwanted. It broke my heart.

I inspected each horse. They were glorious beasts, all far stronger, faster, and more courageous than Pebbles.

I wandered up to the horse trader and, dear reader, I bottled it. I couldn't give up on the knobhead.

Instead I spent nearly all of my groschen on a new saddle , a new harness and very expensive horseshoes (1k!). The harness helps me control him a little better, the saddle helps him carry a little more and the horse shoes enable him to trot faster and a little more comfortably.

Doesn't he look dapper?

You couldn't really tell as he's quite a dopey animal, but I like to think that deep down he's thrilled with his new clobber.

In my own estimation, he's quite the head-turner now. I'd imagine I'll have to beat the mares off with a stick. I keep telling him how handsome he is to keep his confidence up and, when I can afford it, will buy him a decent caparison to complete the look.

The day came and went. It's just me and pebbles now.

In other news, I found and bought a poison recipe off of a crazy old witch in the woods with the last of my money.

Progress stumbles ever onwards, much like Pebbles!
Attached Images
File Type: png Pebbles!.png (1.38 MB, 32 views)
File Type: png Pebbles in Bohemian Dawn.png (1.13 MB, 29 views)
File Type: png Poison mutha****as!.png (1.58 MB, 26 views)

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 04-04-2018, 04:37 PM
Werkself

Losing my temper with it a bit this afternoon. Been stuck on the same bit for like 2 hours trying to steal the Guards outfit from the chest in Talmberg.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:38 PM
Werkself

Why do they always hear / see you lockpicking? And why is it so ******* hard to do?!
Old 04-04-2018, 05:19 PM
Pure Codology

The answer is that you're currently shite at it.

I'm still fairly shite; I can't do hard ones.

There are other ways out of the talmberg keep...

Sir Clinton Morrison