Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 24-09-2018, 12:09 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
iPhone Xs Max

I have just taken delivery of the new iPhone (Xs Max), and the mobile reception is crap. I was getting three bars with my iPhone x, now it's down to one and sometimes no reception at all. I've had a look at the forums and it seems that I am not alone in my disappointment.

Has anyone else here taken the plunge and if so, is your experience the same?
Old 25-09-2018, 11:02 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 25-09-2018, 12:36 PM
Slimy member

Conger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can't say I've noticed any difference (yet)
Old 25-09-2018, 01:25 PM
The Time Has Come...!

kit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I haven’t had any noticeable problems with o2. No more than before anyway
Old 25-09-2018, 02:00 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I have just taken delivery of the new iPhone (Xs Max), and the mobile reception is crap. I was getting three bars with my iPhone x, now it's down to one and sometimes no reception at all. I've had a look at the forums and it seems that I am not alone in my disappointment.

Perhaps your wallet is getting in the way of the wavey things?
Old 25-09-2018, 02:09 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Not gonna judge Max until he's had more game time. Hopefully starts against Bournemouth.
Old 23-10-2018, 11:03 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post

Has the reception improved generally out of interest?

I need to choose my new work phone end of this week for start of 2019, and cant decide on the 8 or one of the X models for next year. Always get a solid full 4G signal on my iphone 7 - plus i still like the idea of the home key
Old 25-10-2018, 07:15 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Time for me to update my iPhone 6s for a XR. The design of the X/XS/XR range with Face ID etc is a big factor, looking forward to getting my hands on it.
Old 25-10-2018, 11:49 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Is FaceID as gash as I imagine it to be, or is it not that bad?
Old 26-10-2018, 07:19 AM
Slimy member

Conger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Face ID works very well for me. YOu forget its even doing it after a while
Old 26-10-2018, 12:35 PM
Binned by Muderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conger View Post
Face ID works very well for me. YOu forget its even doing it after a while
Thanks - I've never had issue with TouchID but my wife is always complaining it doesn't work very well. I suspect this carry on into the FaceID phones.

EDIT: can you add a second person? We have each other on the other's phone for TouchID in case anything happens. Or is there a better way for your other half to answer the phone? Thinking long motorway drives, or if I leave my phone at home and she needs to answer it.
Old 27-10-2018, 07:52 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes you can add two faces to FaceID, from what I have read.
Old 27-10-2018, 08:05 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Fingerprint tech, on Samsung and Apple (and at airports) has always been gash for me. Face ID is incredible. I have 1Password so also just scans my face to input passwords online. Love it.

You can add a second person, but if it's just emergency access you just need to know each others passcodes
Old 27-10-2018, 08:20 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
My fingerprint password thingy works everytime
Old 27-10-2018, 08:43 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Its actually very good
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 28-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Binned by Muderators

Got my XR on Friday and FaceID is genuinely superb. And guess what, my missus is still having trouble. The div.
Old 29-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
It’s always nice that Apple can still genuine surprise us from time to time. All this stuff about embedded finger print sensors, and they come up with something more secure that works like a dream. Also after about two days you cease to notice the notch.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Binned by Muderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Its always nice that Apple can still genuine surprise us from time to time. All this stuff about embedded finger print sensors, and they come up with something more secure that works like a dream. Also after about two days you cease to notice the notch.
And a further surprise is mine has to go back as it has got a small white stain above the notch, right in my bastard eyeline.
Old 29-10-2018, 12:27 PM
Happy Felix Day!

I blame the chinese
Old 30-10-2018, 01:51 PM
We scored three...

Got my XR yesterday and am most impressed by it. It looks absolute class.

For a background, either home screen or lock screen, I would advise trying some of these out:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I presume there is a XS/XS Max equivalent but I have the plain white border on my lock screen and it looks very nice indeed.