Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 27-08-2018, 02:16 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
Was that the one where Hackett was almost entirely edited out?
Think that caused some embarrassment with the rest of the band. It was as if he had no influence on the shape of their music.
He was very instrumental in their direction, and at the forefront of their creativity.
At least Hackett continues to hold the banner of early Genesis.
His band are at the Royal Festival Hall & the Palladium next month with Orchestra. Genesis revisited - as it should be
The 2014 documentary Genesis: Together and Apart' had Hackett sitting on the left of shot cut out of almost all the scenes and didn't mention his prolific solo work. It was always rumoured that Banks would reduce Hackett's levels in some recordings and have him edited out of some concert footage? Whether that's true or not I don't know? Banks has always seemed to have a beef about Hackett and my view is that Banks wasn't concerned about Gabriel leaving but knew the effect that that Hackett would have by going.

Seeing Hackett at the Palladium although annoyed that the Musical Box are playing Hammersmith Apollo on the same night...great timing! Would love to see Gabriel guest with Hackett just once before they finally call it a day.
Old 27-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
You are almost as bad as Wanksock. Don't Give Up is a smashing song (I would love to know what it would have sounded like if Dolly Parton had sung the Kate Bush part as originally intended).
Donít give up is a smashing song ?

Get bent you quarter wit
Old 27-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Reading this thread encouraged me to dig out some of my old vinyls.
I found "Trespass", "Nursery Cryme", "Foxtrot" and "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway"
"Selling England by the Pound" seems to have gone AWOL. I need to check my daughter's collection.

I really enjoyed those early albums. But after PG left, I only bought "A Trick of the Tail", and never bought anything since. Genesis were not the same for me, and PG's stuff didn't do it for me either.

As an aside, when PG left the band a friend of mine, Mick Stickland, auditioned as Genesis singer, but decided it wasn't for him. Mick came to my wedding back in 1971 and played flute all through the night. Lovely guy, sadly no longer with us, but I do keep in touch with his brother.
Old 27-08-2018, 05:33 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Did he attend the same Bromley Tech (now Ravens Wood Sch) as Bowie or was it that his dad was an art teacher who taught Bowie?
Old 28-08-2018, 11:09 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Did he attend the same Bromley Tech (now Ravens Wood Sch) as Bowie or was it that his dad was an art teacher who taught Bowie?
Peter Frampton's dad.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:15 AM
Canterbury Eagle

NateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Grew up listening to my dad belting out the likes of Dancing with the moonlit knight and Red rain. He was awful but the voice coming from the record player grabbed me and I'm now a dad, trying to get my 4 year old to dance along to my copies of the same Genesis and PG solo records with me.....lets just say its a work in progress and my wife hates me.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:17 AM

kestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I went to the Bowie tribute day at Bromley Tech yesterday. it was great. They had George Underwood there talking about the old days plus two original members of The Konrads performed for the first time in 50 years and to top it off they had the tribute band Thin White Duke who played for a couple of hours.
Old 28-08-2018, 11:19 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestoneagle View Post
I went to the Bowie tribute day at Bromley Tech yesterday. it was great. They had George Underwood there talking about the old days plus two original members of The Konrads performed for the first time in 50 years and to top it off they had the tribute band Thin White Duke who played for a couple of hours.
Wish I'd known about this sounds good.
Old 28-08-2018, 01:21 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestoneagle View Post
The Konrads recorded at Joe Meek's Holloway Road studio.