Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 17-09-2009, 08:01 AM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
I am loving the mono remasters.

Worst thing about the Beatles - they were scousers.
Old 18-09-2009, 09:14 AM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-09-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Who are The Beatles?
Old 18-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle
I am loving the mono remasters.

Worst thing about the Beatles - they were scousers.
What makes the mono mixes good?
Old 18-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T
I dream about going at him roughly from behind with "Magical Mystery Tour" playing loudly in the background.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatleboy
Sounds like a bloody nightmare to me!
It's OK, he'll give you a reach around.
Old 18-09-2009, 04:24 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE
What makes the mono mixes good?
apparently no compression, and it sounds more analogue/rich/vinyl 'apparently', these are the mixes the band helped
oversee, the stereo mixes were done sometimes weeks later
so ideas, sounds etc could be forgotten, thats what the liner notes say anyway

i bought mono and like them, aint heard all the stereo stuff but
old mixes sounded forced, like it was a new toy and they had to show off
like kids doin the mix they would have one voice coming out of one channel
different instruments from each speaker etc amateur hour

think malcolm maclaren buffalo girls mix, gets boring very quick
Old 18-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Cheers.

To be honest, the same point could be made about most early/mid-1960s stereo mixes - the technology was pretty new, pretty basic, and not many people knew how to use it well.
Old 19-09-2009, 12:52 PM

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Exactly yes i wasnt singling them out
Old 19-09-2009, 02:04 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
I am not a great fan of the Beatles and often when people comment on rhem George Martins name comes to the fore as some guru for their recordings.

A lot of recordings were sold to sound good on the cheap turntables and music systems of the day but in my view their vinyl and later CDs were very poor.

Considering their popularity and record sales it is surprising because so many decent recordings were produced in stereo between the late fifties and sixties.

Hopefully the re-mastering will make some of their work more listenable.
Old 19-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
I've got most of The Beatles albums on CD already. These early Nineties versions sound absolutely fine to me as they are.

I appreciate the quality of these re-mastered versions is going to be a significant improvement to the CDs I already have, but is it really so much better to justify going out and spending a lot of money on replacing them? No doubt the sound purists and must-have-everything-Beatles-collectors will buy these new releases, but I think they will be in the minority, with most people sticking with the Beatles material on CD they already have.

I think back to when I was a small child in the 1960s and was hearing Beatles singles on vinyl my mum was playing. She played these so much that the sound of bacon frying eventually began to provide a crackling track to the songs themselves. Despite that poor quality sound, we still got enjoyment from those played-to-death records, so for me, the Beatles CDs I have already will do me fine as they sound great compared to those 45s we listened to all those years ago played in mono and on cheap record players and radiograms
Old 19-09-2009, 06:46 PM

Hear hear
Old 11-10-2015, 10:49 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
The Beatles 1+ out November 6th

This brand new 2DVD/CD set represents the ultimate collectors edition of The Beatles “1”, featuring all 27 tracks on CD, all 27 promo videos on DVD1, and an additional 23 videos on DVD2, including alternate versions, as well as rarely seen and newly restored films and videos.

All the videos have been beautifully restored up to 4K resolution by a team of film and video technicians and restoration artists who have undertaken painstaking frame-by-frame cleaning, colour-grading, digital enhancement and new edits that took months of dedicated, ‘round-the-clock work to accomplish.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 15-11-2018, 04:52 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here

The 50th anniversary mix of the White Album has recently been released, mixed by Giles Martin and Sam Okell. Some great demo versions on there too.

The brilliance and diversity of this album defies logic and the fact 50 years on it still sounds fresh and unique is just mind boggling.

Just an explosion of genius.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel