Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS ģ Off Topic ģ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 17-11-2018, 03:12 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Can I just say....

That David Gilmore is every thing I want to be when I'm 72...

Thinning gray short hair, a bit of a belly. Comfortable in an old purple T-Shirt, baggy jeans, and comfortable shoes!

How growing old gracefully should be done.

Imagine getting into an argument in a pub about playing a guitar and having him get his out and making you look like a total wanker!
Old 17-11-2018, 01:38 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Going off topic a bit but one of my dad's favourite stories goes back to his cricketing days in the 1960s. He was a good club cricketer in the Surrey league and still has the newspaper clipping from the match in which he took all 10 wickets.

Anyway one morning his team were knocking up before start of play. There was an older guy on his own just watching, who they assumed was just a spectator (he says they used to get decent crowds when the weather was good). After a while this chap wanders over to one of the batsman and starts quietly talking to him about his stance - try your feet in this position or whatever. This developed into a very good natured 'you have a go then and show us what you mean'. Which he duly did and everyone could immediately see that here was someone with an immaculate technique.

Sure enough someone popped up with the question 'by the way what's your name fella'. And the answer came back 'Len Hutton, you may have heard of me.'

Apparently he was living down south in the 1960s and he often used to take in a village cricket match when he was at a loose end.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:44 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
As is becoming a tradition... I spend Friday nights watching Pink Floyd videos.

I am ceased to be amazed at David Gilmore. I just watched an interview with him from last year, and was impressed by his somewhat "posh" voice. It just adds to the legend.

And to think I didn't even like them as a teenager... we were far too compartmentalized.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Robert Plant is everything I wanna be at 70.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 02-12-2018, 02:29 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Thank you Bob.
Made me think of this that I hadn’t listened/watched for a while..

Old 02-12-2018, 04:59 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Robert Plant is everything I wanna be at 70.
Looks more like Mickus, to be fair.

Saw him do an incredible gig in La Coruņa in 1992 (Plant, not Mickus) - I've never been much of a Led Zep fan, but it was amazing.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:45 AM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Looks more like Mickus, to be fair.

Saw him do an incredible gig in La Coruņa in 1992 (Plant, not Mickus) - I've never been much of a Led Zep fan, but it was amazing.
Saw him about the same time. Amazing singer.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 03-12-2018, 05:26 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Thank you Bob.
Made me think of this that I hadn’t listened/watched for a while..

Thanks for posting that LP... I'd not come across that on my Friday night searches.

Looks like he dressed up for the occasion!

As an aside, when working one of my suppliers had a big old Fender guitar painted on the wall of his building. I asked him one day what that was all about, and he said they now occupied the original Fender factory facility, and it was now a historical building. Always thought that was kinda neat.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:27 AM
The Spiky One

Plus I didn't know he was now a "Sir". Well deserved in the scheme of things.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:36 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Plus I didn't know he was now a "Sir". Well deserved in the scheme of things.
Apparently he is not.... just a CBE.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:21 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
I sat on the next table to him in a restaurant in Venice a few years ago (the one in Italy, not the Californian one). I didn't want to disturb him so I didn't speak to him other than nodding to acknowledge him but as the tables were rather close together we did have a good earwig in on his conversation. I got the impression of him as a decent, good ordinary bloke.
Old 30-01-2019, 09:54 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Gilmour is auctioning loads of his guitars via Christies, including his black Strat (estimate $100,00-150,000).

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Smoz; 30-01-2019 at 09:57 PM.