Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 16-03-2006, 10:33 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Trance music.

There have been threads form hardcore through to hip-hop but I cant remember seeing one for Trance?

I've been through it all, from the early (and still the best) stuff coming out of Frankfurt from the fabulous Ralf Hildenbeutel (genius tunes, crap haircut)

To view the link you have to Register or Login

If you havent heard of him, check out his CV, legend, and of course onto his mate Sven Vath, who I've seen out several times, but only once or twice did he do trance sets, preferring Techno in the UK. 12 hour sets that bloke did.

Then we moved onto the more Fluro brigade and all those crusties going mental at Samsara in Brixton. They were good nights, great vibes.

It really took off I guess when Sasha and Digweed starting dropping stuff like Ayla and then along came Tiesto and that dutch sound took over.

Sadly it was eventually hijacked and went all chart friendly and I'm not buying so much nowadays.

Anyone else?

I'll try and come up with a top 10 faves, but will take soem thinking about........
Old 16-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Till Lindeman

Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.
I prefer tidy trax when it comes to trance. None of this poofy chart rubbish. The resonate series etc.
Sonisphere 31/07/10

http://www.rammstein.com

Xbox 360 gamertag: Mabbages
Old 16-03-2006, 10:47 AM

E15Eagle is playing for a contract
Never got into the trance scene, the closest I got was going to Peach at Camden!!!! Didnt mind a few tunes, be buggard if I knew the names of them though.

A tall well-built woman with good
reputation, who can cook frogs
legs, who appreciates a good fuc-
schia garden, classical music and tal-
king without getting to serious.

But please only read lines 1, 3, and 5.
Old 16-03-2006, 10:49 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Tidy trax was more hard house and a lot of the stuff was licensed and been around for ages on Dutch labels like Jinx.

Peach was good Graham Gold is a gentleman.
Old 16-03-2006, 10:49 AM

Little Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Loved Sasha and Digweed, and Tiesto used to be good too. Sven Vath is just a bit weird nowadays, I'm more likely to go for Jeff Mills, Luke Slater, Richie Hawtin etc. These days I prefer Psy Trance - Hallucinogen, GMS, 1200 Mics, Astrix, Infected Mushroom, Talamasca, Sesto Sento etc. All worth a go but too much too often will drive you slightly mad.

Off topic have you got the old Sasha & Digweed chill-out album 'Northern Exposure'? A classic.
Old 16-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Readmitted into society

Chunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
DJ Sammy - The best thing in trance.. FACT.

Old 16-03-2006, 10:52 AM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
I managed to track down a CD after about eight years of searching. It was free with a Mixmag/DJ magazine in 1994.
It was the React1 sample disk ( as in Reactivate ). I found it on ebay, a bloke had ten of them. I won one, and he sent me a couple so I now have a back up.
It has some all time classic techno/trance tracks on it, which were probably forerunners to the sound that is classed a trance today.
Some of the original tracks by Mrs Woods are simply fantastic.
Old 16-03-2006, 10:54 AM

Little Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by DANCOO
Some of the original tracks by Mrs Woods are simply fantastic.
I had and lost a great set by Mrs Wood and Blu Peter.
snootchie bootchies

I forgot your an old trance head Mat, you should check out

theres a free 2 hour mix, jazzy/trancey/techno not quite the stuff they used to do, but very enjoyable. Their album Wellenbad is one of the finest trance records ever made if you havet got it.

As for Sasha and Digweed, probably, I've got a lot the stuff fomr when they did Northern Exposure and then went trance tastic at Bedrock @ Heaven.

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Quote:
Originally posted by Little Matt

Off topic have you got the old Sasha & Digweed chill-out album 'Northern Exposure'? A classic.
I had the original 3xcd Renaissance pack but for the life of me cannot find it anywhere.
I found out a couple of years ago that it has been deleted and goes on eBay for upto 120.00
Old 16-03-2006, 10:55 AM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
I've got the mix album they did for react and some early react sampler cd's too, if that;s any good to you and Dancoo.
Old 16-03-2006, 10:57 AM

Quote:
I'll burn you a copy of the CD if you want.

It's got Blu Peter, SEB, Mrs Woods, Age of Love....etc. Possible my favourite CD.

PM me your address if you want a copy.
Old 16-03-2006, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by paf
I've got the mix album they did for react
I think that's the one
Old 16-03-2006, 10:58 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Tidy Trax is pants, the only decent tune to come out on there was 'Incoming' by Vortex and Arpa's Dream which had been released on Italian label Stik long before. The rest is over produced rubbish. I've been playing hard trance since around 97/98 in the days when EDM, United Ravers, Sunflower Records etc were going strong, long before the uk hard house scene tried to claim the hard trance explosion as their own. Its always been about the dutch, italians and germans imo nothing over cluttered just sounds to blow your mind! Although around 2001-ish it was all becoming a bit generic but hardstyle started to emerge which has seen the wishy washy breakdowns go and replaced by more hypnotic filthy music, woo-hoo!

Sorry gone off on one there!
Old 16-03-2006, 10:58 AM
snootchie bootchies

Old 16-03-2006, 10:59 AM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris K
Its always been about the dutch, italians and germans imo nothing over cluttered just sounds to blow your mind!

I like this man.
Old 16-03-2006, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by paf
I've got the mix album they did for react and some early react sampler cd's too, if that;s any good to you and Dancoo.
I've got about five or six of the React samplers, is the mix album they did the React 001 in a blue sleeve?

I sold my Reactivate 9 LP a few weeks back as I no longer have a turntable, another great LP.
Old 16-03-2006, 11:08 AM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
is that classic track by salt tank trance? i fvcking love that tune

trance canbe VERY samey thou......
Old 16-03-2006, 11:12 AM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
Originally posted by disco mixx kidd
is that classic track by salt tank trance? i fvcking love that tune

trance canbe VERY samey thou......
'Eugina' I reckon you mean, I've got lots of versions of that.

Heres a link to the messed about with one, the original is better. If you follow the links through you can listen to the salt tank reactivation mix, that's good.

Last edited by paf; 16-03-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 16-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Over & Out

Palaceman2002  - why do you have to be so good?Palaceman2002  - why do you have to be so good?Palaceman2002  - why do you have to be so good?Palaceman2002  - why do you have to be so good?Palaceman2002  - why do you have to be so good?Palaceman2002  - why do you have to be so good?Palaceman2002  - why do you have to be so good?Palaceman2002  - why do you have to be so good?Palaceman2002  - why do you have to be so good?Palaceman2002  - why do you have to be so good?Palaceman2002  - why do you have to be so good?
Re: Trance music.

Quote:
Originally posted by paf
There have been threads form hardcore through to hip-hop but I cant remember seeing one for Trance?

I've been through it all, from the early (and still the best) stuff coming out of Frankfurt from the fabulous Ralf Hildenbeutel (genius tunes, crap haircut)

If you havent heard of him, check out his CV, legend, and of course onto his mate Sven Vath, who I've seen out several times, but only once or twice did he do trance sets, preferring Techno in the UK. 12 hour sets that bloke did.

Then we moved onto the more Fluro brigade and all those crusties going mental at Samsara in Brixton. They were good nights, great vibes.

It really took off I guess when Sasha and Digweed starting dropping stuff like Ayla and then along came Tiesto and that dutch sound took over.

Sadly it was eventually hijacked and went all chart friendly and I'm not buying so much nowadays.

Anyone else?

I'll try and come up with a top 10 faves, but will take soem thinking about........
Trance is the worst type of music that has ever been produced IMO!!

I would rather hole punch my testicles than spend an hour in a trance club!!

Just my opinion