Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 25-09-2018, 07:28 AM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Kooks - lead singer Palace fan

So I was listening to Radio X on Sunday and they had the lead singer of the Kooks on the show.

Turns out he is a Palace fan and the new album he wrote a song for Palace, it's on the new album Let's go sunshine and is called Swing Low.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

This is the link to the interview on Radio X - To view the link you have to Register or Login

From about 28 minutes in.
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 01-10-2018, 04:26 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 01-10-2018, 05:46 AM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Well bugger me. Thought they were all Brighton
Old 01-10-2018, 08:40 AM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Great stuff, one of my favourite bands but thought they would be Brighton. Followed them from the start and once caught Luke with a ciggie at a gig years back, he didn't seem too happy. New album is their best since their first in my opinion. They were great this year at the Brighton Centre too. Knew he was a good lad!
Old 01-10-2018, 08:51 AM
Mmmm Danone!

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
I used to know their former drummer Paul as I went to college with him #RandomFact
Old 01-10-2018, 08:52 AM
Mmmm Danone!

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy1807 View Post
So I was listening to Radio X on Sunday and they had the lead singer of the Kooks on the show.

Turns out he is a Palace fan and the new album he wrote a song for Palace, it's on the new album Let's go sunshine and is called Swing Low.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

This is the link to the interview on Radio X - To view the link you have to Register or Login

From about 28 minutes in.

Lyrics:

"Swing Low"

I've been lost, locked up and shot
I'm never gonna let them win, never going down again
My soul colder than stone
Underdog chewing a bone

I, I've been waiting
I, I've been waiting
Swing low

And I'm bound, tied to the sound
Of the drum pushing me on
Come on show me where to go
Carry me home, swing low

I, I've been waiting
I, I've been waiting
Swing low

So let's go
You and me, we got to go
I follow you wherever you go
I follow you wherever you want to go
Wherever you want to go

I've been lost, locked up and shot
I'm never gonna let them win, never going down again
Come on show me where to go
Carry me home, swing low
Old 01-10-2018, 08:56 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
That album Inside In is quality, some cracking tunes on it.

Didn't realise they were from Brighton, but clearly they have the sense not to get sucked into the bullshit like Royal Blood and the twat Norman.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:22 AM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Them lyrics!! Love it!

Give their new album a go Spindle, not as strong as Inside in Inside out but a strong album and they have stuck to their guns with the their sound.