Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 14-01-2019, 06:52 PM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I wonder if the people nominating "Police and Thieves" have ever heard the original.
Yes I have. Many times

What’s your point caller ?
Old 14-01-2019, 09:43 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Yes I have. Many times

What’s your point caller ?
I said "people", not "mentally sub-normal northern troglodytes".
Old 15-01-2019, 12:34 AM

asus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
White riot
Old 15-01-2019, 08:41 AM
Grrrrrrr.......

Ev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To add to the debate...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-01-2019, 04:40 PM

Superfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Career Opportunities for me
Old 16-01-2019, 06:15 PM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I said "people", not "mentally sub-normal northern troglodytes".
Ah right ok

Please more specific in future
Old 16-01-2019, 09:42 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Complete Control.

(I have never much cared for the Hammersmith Palais one).
Old 16-01-2019, 10:35 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Go easy, step lightly, stay free.

Followed closely by anything not on Cut The Crap.
Old 16-01-2019, 11:36 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Garageland has some good lyrics and snarling.
Old 16-01-2019, 11:45 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What's the one they used to play before matches? It's about the only one I've ever heard to be honest, apart from going underground and London's calling, so it would have to be that one

It is good though.
Old 17-01-2019, 12:50 PM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Go easy, step lightly, stay free.

Followed closely by anything not on Cut The Crap.
Not even "This is England" ?
Old 17-01-2019, 12:56 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
What's the one they used to play before matches? It's about the only one I've ever heard to be honest, apart from going underground and London's calling, so it would have to be that one

It is good though.
Must be bait
Old 17-01-2019, 01:03 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by loz View Post
Not even "This is England" ?
Although it is the highlight of the album, no, not even This is England.
Old 17-01-2019, 07:17 PM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Although it is the highlight of the album, no, not even This is England.
Not getting into the politics of the band but I would have said This is England is a better song than anything on Sadinista and lyricly a better “punk” song than most of combat rock.

But then I saw that version of the clash live twice and the songs live on cut the crap were much better than the production on the album.
Old 17-01-2019, 08:27 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

I agree that it's a song with great lyrics, but better than anything on Sandinista? In my VHO there are at least half a dozen tracks on Sandinista that I prefer (off the top of my head Magnificent Seven, Somebody got Murdered, Hitsville UK, Junco Partner, Police on my Back, Washington Bullets, Charlie Don't Surf).

Out of interest how do you think it compares to Strummer's stuff with the Mescaleros?

I was seventeen when they toured with this album and it would have been the only chance that I would have had to see them, but even at that age I decided that it really wasn't the Clash and I didn't go, to this day I can't decide whether that was a good choice or not.
Old 17-01-2019, 08:50 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Must be bait
Fraid not, just googled it. I'll go now.
Old 18-01-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I agree that it's a song with great lyrics, but better than anything on Sandinista? In my VHO there are at least half a dozen tracks on Sandinista that I prefer (off the top of my head Magnificent Seven, Somebody got Murdered, Hitsville UK, Junco Partner, Police on my Back, Washington Bullets, Charlie Don't Surf).

Out of interest how do you think it compares to Strummer's stuff with the Mescaleros?

I was seventeen when they toured with this album and it would have been the only chance that I would have had to see them, but even at that age I decided that it really wasn't the Clash and I didn't go, to this day I can't decide whether that was a good choice or not.
I wasnt that keen on the Mescaleros stuff if I am honest and only gave it the time of day because it was Strummer.

I wasnt the best Clash fan being into Crass and the more Anarcho punk movement but as a punk rocker from a 12 year old from 77 I felt a bit let down by the Clash when they pissed off to the USA playing shay stadium and releasing self indulgent 3 side LPs.

I was given tickets to watch the Clash in 84, and really enjoyed it so went again early 85, to me they seemed to have gone back to their punk roots which I was more than happy with.

But as Crass once sung.

"They said that we were trash, well the name is Crass not Clash, they can stuff their punk credentials cause its them that takes the cash"
Old 18-01-2019, 10:15 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by loz View Post
Not getting into the politics of the band but I would have said This is England is a better song than anything on Sadinista and lyricly a better “punk” song than most of combat rock.

But then I saw that version of the clash live twice and the songs live on cut the crap were much better than the production on the album.
I saw them on that tour, I think it was Brixton Academy. It was a bit cartoonish, really, and distinctly odd without Mick Jones. I stayed out of the teeming, pogoing mass.
Old 18-01-2019, 10:16 AM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
Fraid not, just googled it. I'll go now.
Old 21-01-2019, 02:29 PM

twilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev View Post
To add to the debate...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
ENJOYED THAT - (As Joe Strummer said on the Blitzkrieg Bop recording on b side of Coma Girl).

Took some reading and a lot of the ones I like are not near the top but that's opinions for you!

The article didn't mention a lot of later songs seemed to be Mick heading in a BAD (but good) direction.