Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 21-01-2019, 02:34 PM

twilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ted Dead - A true SAHB Story

Drummer from the inspirational, influential Sensational Alex Harvey band died at the weekend

RIP : Ted McKenna
Old 21-01-2019, 02:42 PM

Swoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brilliant band, saw them many times,RIP
Old 21-01-2019, 07:41 PM

Acky the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sorry to hear this.

RIP Ted
Old 21-01-2019, 09:58 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Also saw them several times. Truly great British band. Was just listening to Faith Healer very loudly in the car this afternoon. Produced by a family friend.
Old 22-01-2019, 02:00 PM

twilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Also saw them several times. Truly great British band. Was just listening to Faith Healer very loudly in the car this afternoon. Produced by a family friend.
Dave Batchelor?
Old 22-01-2019, 04:43 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilly View Post
Dave Batchelor?
Phil Wainman.
Old 22-01-2019, 08:39 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Also drummed with Rory Gallagher and Michael Schenker Group apparently
Old 22-01-2019, 11:10 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Also drummed with Rory Gallagher and Michael Schenker Group apparently
And Greg Lake/Gary Moore - 1981/2; I must have seen him then.
Old 23-01-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Phil Wainman.
A family friend? wow... Didn't he also produce The Sweet?

I always thought it was Dave Batchelor who produced a lot of SAHB stuff
Old 23-01-2019, 05:13 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
A family friend? wow... Didn't he also produce The Sweet?

I always thought it was Dave Batchelor who produced a lot of SAHB stuff
Yes, and a lovely man.
He also produce the Bay City Rollers!
Still love his production on Sweet's 'Blockbuster'

He also produced for Mud, Dollar and XTC.

Oh, and Boomtown Rats 'I don't Like Mondays'. I'll forgive him for that.
Old 23-01-2019, 05:24 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes, and a lovely man.

I hope he got a royalty.
Old 23-01-2019, 05:29 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I hope he got a royalty.
Phil's not short of a few bob...
Old 24-01-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Yes, and a lovely man.

I won't!

However Boomtown rats aside, I think he did a fantastic job on the sweets songs and if my ageing dimming memory serves correct he also would have produced LLLLL Lucy after Mud split with RAK records and made it as near to a chinnichap song as possible ensuring the transition was a smooth one...

Think he also wrote or co wrote one of muds hits, show me youre a woman. Not typical of their sound but a chart hit.

Does Phil support Palace though?
Old 24-01-2019, 07:54 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
I won't!

However Boomtown rats aside, I think he did a fantastic job on the sweets songs and if my ageing dimming memory serves correct he also would have produced LLLLL Lucy after Mud split with RAK records and made it as near to a chinnichap song as possible ensuring the transition was a smooth one...

Think he also wrote or co wrote one of muds hits, show me youre a woman. Not typical of their sound but a chart hit.

Does Phil support Palace though?
No. He's never expressed any interest in football at all to me.