Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 15-02-2019, 08:55 AM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Paul Rodgers, David Bowie, Bob Plant
Old 15-02-2019, 03:37 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I think if I had to choose, I prefer female singers.
Purely vocally, I agree.
Old 15-02-2019, 04:44 PM
. . . . .- --. .-.. . ...

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1eagle View Post
Freddie Mercury. Like duh, obviously.
I'd argue he was the best Vocalist of all time really, regardless of whether you like Queen or not, the guy could sing, and stole Live Aid. Also I can almost guarantee each of you have sung "We Are The Champions" at least once, not to mention the rest of Queen's classics. Game changer.

As far as 'performers' are concerned, I've been to quite a few gigs, festivals etc (Phoenix 96 was possibly the best - Prodigy in the Dance Tent - WOW), but seeing James Brown live was next level, and that was when he was already old and doing medleys. What a performer though, you can't trump his energy IMO.
Old 16-02-2019, 01:36 AM

Del Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Martian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Steve Winwood in his Traffic days
Old 16-02-2019, 08:21 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Most of the original Beach boys.
Basically you mean the three Wilson brothers. Mike Love had an annoying nasal whine whereas Al Jardine was just pretty generic and unremarkable. Dennis Wilson's soulful growl is underrated.

Surprised not to see any mention of Daryl Hall yet.
Old 16-02-2019, 09:33 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Does best voice translate as which band you like best?
No, I don't think so. My favourite (male vocalist) bands are Depeche Mode, Human League, Heaven 17, Erasure and Kraftwerk. But I would never claim any of them were the "best male vocalist."

I'm surprised by how few mentions George Michael has had - even though I wasn't a big fan, I still thought he had a fantastic voice.
Old 16-02-2019, 10:09 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we talk about a pure "beautiful" voices then Luther Vandross, George Benson, Teddy Pendegrass stand out, but what about our own magical Matt Munroe what a voice, also Marti Pellow (wet wet wet) is pretty good.
For all that, my all time favorite male singer is the one and only----King Elvis, and i have to also mention if we are to ask for females then it can only be----Mariah Carey is Queen.
Old 16-02-2019, 10:34 AM

nibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstpierPalace View Post
I'd have Layne Staley up there as an outsider. Not technically as sound as the greats such as Freddie Mercury but in terms of raw power and feeling he was second to none.
Very good choice. I loved AIC’s performance of ‘Would’ on Later.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by nibalama; 16-02-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 16-02-2019, 12:12 PM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Phil Collins

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 16-02-2019, 12:15 PM

yorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietyorkshire eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bruce Dickinson Ronnie James Dio

Originally Posted by CPFC2010

"I think that this is the best suggestion that I have ever read on the BBS"
Old 16-02-2019, 12:28 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
No, I don't think so. My favourite (male vocalist) bands are Depeche Mode, Human League, Heaven 17, Erasure and Kraftwerk. But I would never claim any of them were the "best male vocalist."

I'm surprised by how few mentions George Michael has had - even though I wasn't a big fan, I still thought he had a fantastic voice.

Andy Bell has a great voice, doesn’t he ?
Old 16-02-2019, 12:33 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Roger Daltrey.
Elvis.
Otis.
Marvin Gaye.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
"Victory has a hundred fathers and defeat is an orphan."
Old 16-02-2019, 01:46 PM

Herr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
[QUOTE=Caisterman;14647058]In no particular order....

Donny Hathaway

Old 16-02-2019, 01:48 PM

Herr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerr Colonpharter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

Old 16-02-2019, 02:41 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Votes for Levi Stubbs and Scott Walker from me
Old 16-02-2019, 08:30 PM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Andy Bell has a great voice, doesn’t he ?
Yep. But I wouldn't claim he was 'the best'.
Old 16-02-2019, 08:38 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Yep. But I wouldn't claim he was 'the best'.

Neither would I

Just think he’s got a good range and a powerful voice for a synth band.
Old 16-02-2019, 08:40 PM
Selhurst Heaven

Nat King Cole
Old 16-02-2019, 09:00 PM

BECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBECKS66 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Some great names previously mentioned here but for me Bowie had a unique sound that there are not many people I've come across that can imitate his vocals.
Personal favourites aside are,
Sinatra
Elvis
Orbison
Dave Gilmore
Old 17-02-2019, 11:58 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECKS66 View Post
Some great names previously mentioned here but for me Bowie had a unique sound that there are not many people I've come across that can imitate his vocals
I think you'll find Anthony Newley had a fair crack at it.