Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 23-12-2002, 10:33 AM
All the way to Eleven

Mr C lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnMr C lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnMr C lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnMr C lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnMr C lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnMr C lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnMr C lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnMr C lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnMr C lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnMr C lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnMr C lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
I spoke to BVB Bob at work and he's a little shocked as Joe was one of his biggest, if not his biggest heroes.
Old 23-12-2002, 10:33 AM
Tired and Emotional

Smurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr C
Are you sure its a heart attack as there's no news on the radio or the BBC news website regarding how?
That's what it says on the BBC, Ananova and his official website.
Old 23-12-2002, 10:38 AM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Who's up for having an unnoficial silence/other tribute at portsmouth?
Old 23-12-2002, 10:43 AM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Just switched on Radio 1, and London's Calling is playing. I feel a bit choked, I've lots of memories of this song.

Last edited by firesign; 23-12-2002 at 10:46 AM.
Old 23-12-2002, 10:53 AM
ho

Ron Noades Wife is playing for a contract
Very choked - a very sad day for me

R.I.P. Joe
Old 23-12-2002, 11:25 AM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Clash were heroes to a generation. A very sad day.
Old 23-12-2002, 11:26 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Yet another piece of the puzzle has gone.
Went to see them three times, cracking band.

Bye Joe.

RIP

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 23-12-2002, 11:29 AM

SE20 knows where the wild roses growSE20 knows where the wild roses growSE20 knows where the wild roses growSE20 knows where the wild roses growSE20 knows where the wild roses growSE20 knows where the wild roses growSE20 knows where the wild roses growSE20 knows where the wild roses growSE20 knows where the wild roses growSE20 knows where the wild roses growSE20 knows where the wild roses grow
Sad

Still, at least we might get to hear some decent music on the radio over Xmas now.
Old 23-12-2002, 11:45 AM

Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten
Sad news,I got into the Clash when someone bought me the Give em enough rope album for xmas in 1978 I think and have most of their albums and singles up to combat rock.RIP Joe
Old 23-12-2002, 11:46 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Even more reason for Rob Fox to play London Calling at SP for the Preston and Coventry games. Great band - a sad loss. God I feel old

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 23-12-2002, 11:59 AM

willythesqueeze would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningwillythesqueeze would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningwillythesqueeze would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningwillythesqueeze would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningwillythesqueeze would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningwillythesqueeze would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningwillythesqueeze would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningwillythesqueeze would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningwillythesqueeze would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningwillythesqueeze would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningwillythesqueeze would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
The Clash gig in Purley (was it Tiffany's? - memory fading with age) will go down as one of my favourites of all time, especially with the Slits supporting. I haven't followed his career much post-Clash but for the massive influence in my teens... a big CHEERS. A sad day indeed.
Old 23-12-2002, 12:00 PM
Dortmunder

Location: Sometimes Marienthal , sometimes the SudTribune, sometimes A-Block, mostly Selhurst
BVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Nice set of tributes from those that matter most - the public:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

His official site seems to have crashed due to too many people logging on, but if anyone's interested:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by BVB Bob; 23-12-2002 at 12:28 PM.
Old 23-12-2002, 01:00 PM
he's no David Bailey...

selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
an' if you're in the crown tonight
have a drink on me
but go easy...step lightly...stay free
Old 23-12-2002, 01:08 PM
bloody old fool

RtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperRtS has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Desperate news. A musical enigma and a great bloke.
Old 23-12-2002, 01:13 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
What a top bloke Joe Strummer was... R I P.

They think they're so clever,
they think they're so right,
but the truth is only known
by guttersnipes.
Old 23-12-2002, 01:15 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by selhurst
an' if you're in the crown tonight
have a drink on me
but go easy...step lightly...stay free
One of Mick's though, that one, isn't it?
Old 23-12-2002, 01:40 PM
Rollercoaster rider

RednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by SKATE
Even more reason for Rob Fox to play London Calling at SP for the Preston and Coventry games. Great band - a sad loss. God I feel old
I was just going to say the same think. Rock on Joe!
Old 23-12-2002, 01:49 PM
he's no David Bailey...

selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by El Aguila
One of Mick's though, that one, isn't it?
Yes, but I thought the words were very apt. How about:

An' in the in-tray lots of work
But the boss at the firm always thinks he shirks
But he's just like everyone, he's got a Ford Cortina
That just won't run without fuel
Fill her up, Jacko!
Old 23-12-2002, 02:09 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Sad news, one of my all time hero's.

Only saw the Clash once but am glad I got to see the Mescalero's twice this year.

Old 23-12-2002, 02:10 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Janie Jones.......indeed a great tune 'Let them know - how you feel'

There I was at 16, forced to listen using headphones on the parent's stereo....his death may make us feel a little old but his music still makes us feel 10 foot tall.......here's to ya Joe

(Strummer/Jones)

He's in love with rock'n'roll woaahh
He's in love with gettin' stoned woaahh
He's in love with Janie Jones
But he don't like his boring job, no...

An' he knows what he's got to do
So he knows he's gonna have fun with you
You lucky lady!
An' he knows when the evening comes
When his job is done he'll be over in his car for you

An' in the in-tray lots of work
But the boss at the firm always thinks he shirks