Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 05-02-2019, 06:32 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Thank you gentlemen. The tickets just say general admission. We shall see.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:03 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
seeing Gokart Mozart on Friday in Brighton
Old 05-02-2019, 08:36 PM

Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Tim of the 80's has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
May get a ticket for that myself. Saw him in Sticky Mike's last year.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:39 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidster View Post
Mr Monkey,

I believe you live down in them thar parts. Is the Old Market a seating or standing venue for beat groups.
It was standing when the Jim Jones Revue played there a few years back.

SaulAlinsky
Old 06-02-2019, 10:43 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim of the 80's View Post
. Saw him in Sticky Mike's last year.
yeah me too, I think they're ok, but my friend thinks Lawrence is the greatest ever. so we're off to see them again!
Old 08-02-2019, 01:21 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Saw Estrons last night at Scala. Really great, high energy, girl fronted band. Was their biggest gig to date and they were clearly a bit overwhelmed by the size of the crowd and the love they were getting, which is always quite a special thing to share with a band. Worth keeping an eye on.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:35 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Let's Eat Grandma are the support act for this. Well worth getting there early for them imo.
Let's Eat Grandma were interesting. Definitely something about them but I'm not sure. Need to listen to them more.

Chvrches brilliant
Old 08-02-2019, 05:24 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
Let's Eat Grandma were interesting. Definitely something about them but I'm not sure. Need to listen to them more.

Chvrches brilliant
I wasn't impressed by Let's Eat Grandma but maybe I just don't get 'alternative sludge pop'.

I loved CHVRCHES but I did wonder if that venue is a just a wee bit too big for their synth-sound. Having a 'real' drummer for the first time obviously gave them a bigger sound but I felt it bullied the vocals at times.

Last edited by Olympian2; 08-02-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 05:29 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
I saw today that Public Service Broadcasting are playing the Natural History Museum (!) in May. They're playing under the blue whale skeleton - going to play the whole of 'Race for Space' as a 50th anniversary celebration of Apollo 11. Managed to get tix & it's now, unsurprisingly, sold out. I now just need to break it to my wife as I'm supposed to be going to see The Tiger Lillies with her that night........

Which means my gig list for this year is updated as follows;

CHVRCHES - Feb

James - Mar
Teleman - Apr
Suede - Apr
Nick Mason - May
Public Service Broadcasting - May
Foals - Jun
Old 08-02-2019, 05:33 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I saw today that Public Service Broadcasting are playing the Natural History Museum (!) in May. They're playing under the blue whale skeleton - going to play the whole of 'Race for Space' as a 50th anniversary celebration of Apollo 11. Managed to get tix & it's now, unsurprisingly, sold out. I now just need to break it to my wife as I'm supposed to be going to see The Tiger Lillies with her that night........

Which means my gig list for this year is updated as follows;

CHVRCHES - Feb

James - Mar
Teleman - Apr
Suede - Apr
Nick Mason - May
Public Service Broadcasting - May
Foals - Jun
some great gigs there

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 08-02-2019, 07:02 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I wasn't impressed by Let's Eat Grandma but maybe I just don't get 'alternative sludge pop'.

I loved CHVRCHES but I did wonder if that venue is a just a wee bit too big for their synth-sound. Having a 'real' drummer for the first time obviously gave them a bigger sound but I felt it bullied the vocals at times.
Yes very true. I was worried earlier on but either I adjusted to it or they toned the drumming down in the second half. Not sure if the drummer was added whilst they were touring the states or if that was their first one with him.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
Yes very true. I was worried earlier on but either I adjusted to it or they toned the drumming down in the second half. Not sure if the drummer was added whilst they were touring the states or if that was their first one with him.
Yeah, sorry, I wasnít clear. I didnít mean to suggest that it was the absolute first time they played with a drummer (he also played the US Tour & at least some UK festival shows last year), rather that it was still a relatively new thing
Old 13-02-2019, 11:22 AM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Booked to see Maps at the Purcell Room in July (haven't seen him play since he was on the same bill as Peter, Bjorn & John at the tail end of 2007)
Old 14-02-2019, 11:31 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Saw White Lies at Concorde 2 in Brighton the other week and again at Kentish Town tonight.

Thought they were great at Concorde (minus a few technical issues) and the crowd was also really good. But disappointed tonight, the crowd was really shit and I don't much like the venue.

Took 45 minutes to get to the front of the cloakroom queue to get my coat hung up. They only had one person doing it and she was useless as well.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 22-02-2019, 09:34 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
White Denim tonight & Palace on Tuesday.
Old 23-02-2019, 12:12 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
White Denim were superb last night. Guitarist had one string left on his guitar come the end of the gig.
Old 25-02-2019, 10:26 AM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nik Turner plays Lewes Con Club in April.
Canít beat a bit of space rock.
Old 25-02-2019, 03:31 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
White Denim were superb last night. Guitarist had one string left on his guitar come the end of the gig.
Very jealous and annoyed i had to sell my tickets. All the reviews have been so so good. Oh well i just hope i can catch them in the not too distant future.

PS i like the new Palace track

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15

Last edited by Davy64; 25-02-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Old 27-02-2019, 12:45 AM
Woah Woah Woah

Palace were class this eve (rare occasion I can say that on here ).

First time Iíve seen a gig at Village Underground - great venue. Thereís some brilliant little venues in London.

Also, one of the support acts, Hot Dreams - really impressed by them.
Old 27-02-2019, 10:16 AM
Pills wont help you now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Palace were class this eve (rare occasion I can say that on here ).

First time Iíve seen a gig at Village Underground - great venue. Thereís some brilliant little venues in London.

Also, one of the support acts, Hot Dreams - really impressed by them.
It's a great venue, saw PSB in their early days there.