Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-11-2021, 04:29 PM

Dave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave McGregor came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When you dunk your rich tea biscuit in your tea and it breaks off because you got the timing wrong. Not the same once you fish it out with a spoon!
Old 26-11-2021, 04:48 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Ouch
MTo view the link you have to Register or Logintoned annoys himself.
Old 26-11-2021, 05:54 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter View Post
My late dad (who FWIW was Irish) would say pants and thus I have inherited the practice. When I get pulled up on it I generally retort with . . so why do we call our undies underpants?
Just call them underwear like us Americans. Saves any confusion.
Old 26-11-2021, 06:13 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch View Post
Young people that don't get my 70's and 80's cultural references and stare at me blankly when I'm trying to crack a joke!
Forget half of the educational syllabus, and introduce practical lessons so that when I make the noise of the Six Million Dollar Man, they don't look at me like I've got a problem.
yeah but you had to be running in slow motion too.

SaulAlinsky
Old 26-11-2021, 06:31 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch View Post
Young people that don't get my 70's and 80's cultural references and stare at me blankly when I'm trying to crack a joke!
Forget half of the educational syllabus, and introduce practical lessons so that when I make the noise of the Six Million Dollar Man, they don't look at me like I've got a problem.
A few years ago I was having a 1:1 with one of my direct reports. At the end of each 1:1 we used to have a little social chat. She said she was going to see The Saturdays that Saturday. I asked her if she was going to see The Sundays the day after. She gave me the blankest of looks.
Old 26-11-2021, 06:37 PM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfies army View Post
American words such as , my bad , kiddo , Dogo
Yanks getting the blame for every little bastardization of the English language. OK, I know they have done a commendable amount of damage to it, but blaming them for the likes of 'Kiddo' is pure BAloney. Kiddo is predominantly north of England and was chanted by the wankers for many years. I've spent over 40 years in the States and have never heard any one called Dogo. Dago yes, but Dogo no.
The sticking of a vowel on the end of the name seems to have started during the dumbing down of English football in the 70's and 80's. Instead of interesting nicknames like the 'flying pig,' the Preston plumber' or Yogi Bear you have gum munchers like Sam and Harry going on about "Davo was massive tonight, as was Gazza and Keano" etc Dubliners have taken the sticking the 'O' on a name to a new level.
It's like when a British ex-pat smugly nudges his mate and smirks when a yank says the word 'Saaccher". The ex-pat who usually has never kicked a ball in his life straightaway feels a surge of superiority over the yank, who was an all star College player and now has eight caps for the U.S.
If you go back twenty years before football was invented by Sky you will find that the word 'soccer' was widely used in the English media and prior to the Big Match we had "Star Soccer." So anyway let's "Move On"
Old 26-11-2021, 06:40 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I rather like "My bad"... it is rather appropriate as it's always my fault.
Old 26-11-2021, 06:41 PM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I rather like "My bad"... it is rather appropriate as it's always my fault.
I Get It
Old 26-11-2021, 06:45 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
It's like when a British ex-pat smugly nudges his mate and smirks when a yank says the word 'Saaccher". The ex-pat who usually has never kicked a ball in his life straightaway feels a surge of superiority over the yank, who was an all star College player and now has eight caps for the U.S.
If you go back twenty years before football was invented by Sky you will find that the word 'soccer' was widely used in the English media and prior to the Big Match we had "Star Soccer." So anyway let's "Move On"
It's an olden days posho British word anyway. There were two types of football: "rugger" and "soccer".
Old 26-11-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
It's an olden days posho British word anyway. There were two types of football: "rugger" and "soccer".
Oi, don't forget Gaelic. Your mate still watches these boards you know. He won't be pleased.
Old 26-11-2021, 07:14 PM
jft39

Quote:
Oi, don't forget Gaelic. Your mate still watches these boards you know. He won't be pleased.
He's more Ing-er-lish than me. Anyway, I was talking about public school Victorian toffs who I doubt would of been that interested in GAA sports (or Aussie Rules for that matter).
Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Well how did we know who?
Are you having an embolism?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
MTo view the link you have to Register or Logintoned annoys himself.
Sub Alf lite.

Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Auctioneers who speak in that absolutely ludicrous patter style where they roll all their rrrrrrs and you can’t hear what they’re saying.

In particular, the daft Home Counties bint on the television right now who is spoiling my enjoyment of Christina Trevannion.

Cricket wanker.
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM
Old School BBS

Daughters who "yeah yeah yeah yeah" you when showing them how to maintain their motor scooters and what the warning lights all mean...and then seize the engine of said motor scooter because they havent cheked the oil and ignored the red warning light.

Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Auctioneers who speak in that absolutely ludicrous patter style where they roll all their rrrrrrs and you can’t hear what they’re saying.

In particular, the daft Home Counties bint on the television right now who is spoiling my enjoyment of Christina Trevannion.
Was it Gemima Brettell? Christina Trevannion is wife material.
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM

Quote:
He's more Ing-er-lish than me. Anyway, I was talking about public school Victorian toffs who I doubt would of been that interested in GAA sports (or Aussie Rules for that matter).
I believe you are a decendent of the Bermondsey-Faministas, who in Vicky's time were referred to as the Low Irish. They were fond of the odd game of GAR, were good spellers and very well respected
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM
jft39

Quote:
I believe you are a decendent of the Bermondsey-Faministas, who in Vicky's time were referred to as the Low Irish. They were fond of the odd game of GAR, were good spellers and very well respected
I am very well respected, that is true.
Old Yesterday, 11:14 PM
AMAZE(ing) ???

Tripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post

I watched that too this morning. Very annoying and adds absolutely nothing to an auction.
Bint.
Old Today, 08:40 PM
The Spiky One

McAfee Security Scans... And I appreciate I should just uninstall the damn thing, but that's not the point really. It should be able to do a job and do in unobtrusively and only when I set the scan to run, but no it has to run itself at the most inopportune times and grind the computer to a stuttering halt while doing so in the background... only to pop up saying it didn't find anything, but I really should upgrade to their premium plan to make my computer more secure.

Despite my best efforts in the settings screen to only scan once a week at a specific time, it still does its thing every day.

Wank stain of a software.