Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 06-12-2021, 08:40 PM

The12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for you
Super smash tv!! ‘’big money!! Big prizes!!’
Old 06-12-2021, 08:45 PM

The12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for youThe12thman is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
That's fair. PS3 probably still not old enough to be considered proper retro. I'd struggle with 8-bit too. Did complete Sonic 1 and 2 on the mega drive last year during lockdown and found it as fun as when I was a kid. Aladdin good fun too.

I have an Xbox 360 just for Oblivion. Still love that game.

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins is a classic. Could never complete the last level when you enter Warios castle as a kid. Still very tricky as an adult.
The handheld I got allows me to save it whenever I want so it was still great fun and challenging but a bit easier for me because of that.
Old 07-12-2021, 03:06 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The12thman View Post
The handheld I got allows me to save it whenever I want so it was still great fun and challenging but a bit easier for me because of that.
The trick that helped me was to find a carrot before entering the Castle, then you could fly over a lot of the obstacles with the bunny ears, before the big showdown with Wario.

Prince of Persia another gameboy game I struggled with as a kid but mastered as an adult. Lots of fun.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 08-12-2021, 09:53 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
If it's not from the 70's and 80's arcade coin-ops then it's not retro.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:37 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
I went to a club event labelled as "Old Skool Hip Hop" which turned out to be playing R'n'B from the 2000s. Old skool describes an era which stopped when it went all west coast gangster shite in the early 90s. Old Skool rave? That finished in 1995. So yes, I agree and understand your frustration

Back to the plot, I see Ghosts n Goblins (not the snes's Super Ghouls n Ghosts) has had a refresh for xbox one etc:

Old 08-12-2021, 12:01 PM
16K Ram Pack

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I follow a few Vintage Arcade Collectors groups on Facebook - there are thousands of people, mainly in the US, who restore the old cabinets, and repair the game boards and monitors. In the US you can pick up original arcade machines in full working order for a few hundred dollars, but over here they are as rare as a rare thing, and very expensive. I used to own a Taito Space Invaders standup many many years ago.

I do use MAME every now and again to get my fix of Mr DO! and Frogger and stuff like that.
Old 08-12-2021, 12:34 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
I've collected various retro inspired consoles over the years. Secured a Super console X a few months ago, which has 50,000+ games. I would recommend getting a superior controller for the likes of these consoles (8bitdo Bluetooth controllers are largely v.good)

I've modded many of the classic mini's such as NEC, SNES etc and added a USB to the PS1 which got panned. One day very soon I'd like to invest in an Arcade 1up cabinet and mod that. I still have many of the originals boxed in the loft, but I find some of the new consoles play fairly well (lag and sound has considerably improved in the last few years) and you have the convenience of having everything on one console. You still can't beat a bit of MeganMan 2, Castlevania, Punchout, Super Mario World etc.

My generation predominantly grew up with 2d platformers, and although I've played some of the modern 3d games, they don't have quite the appeal.