Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 28-03-2020, 05:15 PM

Mr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is here
I think there are more needy causes at the moment than football clubs who pay millions of pounds in wages every week to players.

Whilst I am fortunate to have retained my job I would rather have the money back and donate it to one of the many charities who aren't being funded at the moment, hospices, animal charities, Marie Curie etc. I believe they are far more deserving in these hard times.

Maybe the club could set up an option of retaining the money to donate to two or three local charities. 18000 ST holders, circa 120 per ST=over 2,000,000 in donations from Palace fans if everyone could afford it.

Could set an example for other clubs and their fans to join together to help out financially those charities suffering in these tough times. Could raise 50 million+. It may even inspire some players into donating, say 10% of wages for weeks they don't play. Just ideas.
Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I think most people who have said they're not fussed about a refund have said for the money to to a charity/worthwhile cause.

There is no chance I'd want the money just being used to fund some over inflated wages, but if it was going to help local clubs who are struggling now their season has ended, or the Palace Foundation etc then it's fine by me.
Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM

Crozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace for Life Foundation.
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM

Mr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is here
CPSCC- disabled children charity another very worthy cause. I know they have had to cancel their golf day.
Paul-any chance you could float this idea with the powers at the club?
Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
I think there are more needy causes at the moment than football clubs who pay millions of pounds in wages every week to players.

Whilst I am fortunate to have retained my job I would rather have the money back and donate it to one of the many charities who aren't being funded at the moment, hospices, animal charities, Marie Curie etc. I believe they are far more deserving in these hard times.

Maybe the club could set up an option of retaining the money to donate to two or three local charities. 18000 ST holders, circa 120 per ST=over 2,000,000 in donations from Palace fans if everyone could afford it.

Could set an example for other clubs and their fans to join together to help out financially those charities suffering in these tough times. Could raise 50 million+. It may even inspire some players into donating, say 10% of wages for weeks they don't play. Just ideas.
That's a great idea
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone paying on DD cancelled theres?
Old Today, 08:56 AM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Anyone paying on DD cancelled theres?
I haven't canceled DD as am longterm ST holders and wish to continue next season, if that now even goes ahead now?

I still don't fully understand why so many on here are so here happy to NOT want a refund for at least 4 matches you've paid for yet will never see?
I half see why you may want to leave refundable monies to a charity but if you booked a holiday or a concert next month and it got canceled due to corona, would you fling that off as a charitable loss? Or would you enquire about a refund?
Old Today, 09:22 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Assuming we don't get to see the last four matches in person, I just want my money knocked off next season's ticket which I think is more than fair.

IMHO, charity is private to you and something you should choose yourself with the money in your bank. It is a completely separate issue to this.
Old Today, 09:25 AM

jjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpfcbob View Post
I haven't canceled DD as am longterm ST holders and wish to continue next season, if that now even goes ahead now?

I still don't fully understand why so many on here are so here happy to NOT want a refund for at least 4 matches you've paid for yet will never see?
I half see why you may want to leave refundable monies to a charity but if you booked a holiday or a concert next month and it got canceled due to corona, would you fling that off as a charitable loss? Or would you enquire about a refund?
I understand where you are coming from but how can refunds be issued for games that, at the moment, have only been postponed/put on hold?

When we get a definitive answer as to whether the season is void, played behind closed doors etc. then this can be answered by the club.
Old Today, 09:33 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpfcbob View Post

Any money I've had returned as a result of the CV so far I have spent on local businesses.
If they just return all the money then great. But if the club offer to do a good deed (maybe matching what the fans put in), then I'd be happy to do that.

I'm certainly not worrying about the money yet though. I think this is because I see my season ticket just as another outgoing like a gym membership that leaves my account once a month.
Old Today, 09:34 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
MU's standpoint according to the Guardian

In the event of behind closed doors or cancelled matches, season ticket holders will be offered a pro-rata rebate against their season tickets for next season or a pro-rata cash refund based on the number of games remaining.

Rebates or refunds will also apply to supporters that have paid in advance for general admission tickets and VIP packages, while a rebate will be offered to seasonal Executive Club members.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old Today, 09:38 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
MU's standpoint according to the Guardian

In the event of behind closed doors or cancelled matches, season ticket holders will be offered a pro-rata rebate against their season tickets for next season or a pro-rata cash refund based on the number of games remaining.

Rebates or refunds will also apply to supporters that have paid in advance for general admission tickets and VIP packages, while a rebate will be offered to seasonal Executive Club members.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
How do Palace do pro rata? 3 of the 4 remaining games were Cat A.

More likely we would just be offered a 21% discount, whereas based on Palaces own pricing scheme it should be higher than that.
Old Today, 10:24 AM
older member

SHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For supporters who have also bought away match tickets the amount involved is more ie

4 unplayed home games
4 unplayed away games for which tickets purchased (Bournemouth, Liverpool, Leicester and Villa)
4 unused home programme vouchers
based on Adult prices that could total of more than 250 (4 x 30 fof home games, same for 4 away games and approx 12 for programmes)

This is not a small amount and i know that eventually refunds will be made but for some that money could be of help now
Old Today, 11:04 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I'm going to sound mean here, but I don't care - I would like my money back and not have it given to one of Palace's charities. I'm sure that they do great work, but it is my money and I would prefer to choose how it is spent.

I'll be shocked if this season isn't completed behind closed doors. We'll probably be let out within a few months, but there's surely no chance the government would allow us to straight away go back to complete normality like packing football stadiums. Once small gatherings are allowed though, this will understandably be used as a way to complete matches behind closed doors.

I actually get why the club haven't released any news on this yet, as nothing is confirmed. But the ideas on here of giving a refund to club appointed charities, or even just no refund at all, I am not a fan of.
Old Today, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIPEAGLE View Post
For supporters who have also bought away match tickets the amount involved is more ie

4 unplayed home games
4 unplayed away games for which tickets purchased (Bournemouth, Liverpool, Leicester and Villa)
4 unused home programme vouchers
based on Adult prices that could total of more than 250 (4 x 30 fof home games, same for 4 away games and approx 12 for programmes)

This is not a small amount and i know that eventually refunds will be made but for some that money could be of help now
I do get that, but I don't think people can expect money they laid out months ago and can claim they urgently need it now, yet no one knows exactly what's going to happen with the season.

People seem to think football clubs have to behave differently to other businesses.
Old Today, 11:26 AM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Can't see crowds being let in grounds in the next 3 months can see every prem game being shown live on sky bt ect the longer it goes on will the players need a mini pre season to get up to speed.expect many players would have gym stuff in there houses could jog round park so could keep up a level of fitness but doubt if they could do,much with ball on there own might get some strange results when if prem does return
Old Today, 01:35 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I do get that, but I don't think people can expect money they laid out months ago and can claim they urgently need it now, yet no one knows exactly what's going to happen with the season.

People seem to think football clubs have to behave differently to other businesses.
There are many different sets of circumstances to consider here. Not everyone has been able to carry on as normal or will receive 80% of their income. A fair number will have been laid off and in those circumstances, that money may indeed be urgently needed now.
Old Today, 02:22 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
A fair way might be for the club to offer 4/19ths of the price of the season tickets back to fans now but, if the fans take it and the games are eventually played to the public, those seats will only be available via general sale and the season ticket holder will only be able to buy them in the same way a casual fan would. This would mean that people who need it can get their money back but theres still an incentive for people not to ask for a refund immediately
Old Today, 02:25 PM

That would be fair, Oli.