Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 23-10-2019, 03:03 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
They are far ahead in the opinion polls so, like you, I am also amazed that every Scot you meet think the SNP are a disaster.
Maybe as he is only up there for business he is only talking to business people.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 23-10-2019, 03:09 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
Radical I know,but you are asking politicians to negotiate something in the interests of people.
I would have thought that the UK state has to show that there are practical benefits to a united country on this island, in other words, the sum is greater than the parts. That must involve, for example, showing how transport cooperation is easier, that Scotland has more access to top level UK government jobs and contracts and, crucially, more opportunities for renewable energy industries to get access to the 66m market as offshore oil and gas declines.
Old 23-10-2019, 03:46 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
Maybe as he is only up there for business he is only talking to business people.
When I worked in Scotland, Glasgow, during the run up to the referendum, quite a lot of people seemed quite happy with the SNP. Granted they bitched and moaned about them, but that politics isn't it.

Certainly, they were more positive about the SNP than Labour, and virtually no one seemed to admit to voting Conservative (though I suspect that those of a more Rangers bent probably did)
Old 23-10-2019, 03:49 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
If Scots get independence after Brexit, would there be a hard border?
We'd probably locate it somewhere else...

Oddly, Scotland is probably a vassel state of the UK.
Old 23-10-2019, 03:49 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
When I worked in Scotland, Glasgow, during the run up to the referendum, quite a lot of people seemed quite happy with the SNP. Granted they bitched and moaned about them, but that politics isn't it.

Certainly, they were more positive about the SNP than Labour, and virtually no one seemed to admit to voting Conservative (though I suspect that those of a more Rangers bent probably did)
I doubt the last bit. Tory areas of Scotland tend to be in the border areas, around Aberdeen and to some extent in the posher areas of Edinburgh, not the Rangers strongholds in Western Scotland around Glasgow.
Old 23-10-2019, 05:12 PM

tsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The posh areas of Edinburgh are Lib Dem.
Old 24-10-2019, 10:13 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
I doubt the last bit. Tory areas of Scotland tend to be in the border areas, around Aberdeen and to some extent in the posher areas of Edinburgh, not the Rangers strongholds in Western Scotland around Glasgow.
Ruth Davidson is a massive loss to the Tories. She achieved for the Tories what until recently was considered impossible up here.

She proved to be a formidable opponent to the SNP increasingly making the Tories the go to party for those dissatisfied with the SNP. In the same time Labour were, and have been, under a few leaders, pathetic and a total joke in taking on Sturgeon and her government.

Currently the SNP's popularity will continue mainly because of the lack of a credible alternative and all the shenanigans going on in Westminster.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 24-10-2019, 12:34 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
We'd probably locate it somewhere else...

Oddly, Scotland is probably a vassel state of the UK.

Somewhere off Orkney possibly?
Old 24-10-2019, 01:57 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post

Somewhere off Orkney possibly?
The Orkneys (and Shetlands) are very Lib Dem. Maybe we could have the border near Rockall?
Old 24-10-2019, 05:20 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
SNP will be gagging to get the election done in December before many of their big hitters are unceremoniously dragged into Salmon’s rape trial in January.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 25-10-2019, 06:06 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Ruth Davidson is a massive loss to the Tories. She achieved for the Tories what until recently was considered impossible up here.

She proved to be a formidable opponent to the SNP increasingly making the Tories the go to party for those dissatisfied with the SNP. In the same time Labour were, and have been, under a few leaders, pathetic and a total joke in taking on Sturgeon and her government.

Currently the SNP's popularity will continue mainly because of the lack of a credible alternative and all the shenanigans going on in Westminster.

Westminster shenanigans makes the nationalist card an easy one to play given their shortfall in actually governing. Back to a single isssue.
Old 30-10-2019, 01:07 PM

KentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldKentExpress was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Best way for the SNP to gain independence is to allow the english a vote at the next referendum.
Old 30-10-2019, 11:39 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
Radical I know,but you are asking politicians to negotiate something in the interests of people.
Not going three weeks between bin collections would be a start.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
42 year old SNP finance minister resigned as he gets caught grooming 16 year old boy and social media full of cybernats saying "it's not illegal"

Absolute state of it.

Sturgeon's comments awful too. "Foolish" is when you have one too many drinks at the Christmas party and fall off your chair. It's not perving up a kid.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:44 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
42 year old SNP finance minister resigned as he gets caught grooming 16 year old boy and social media full of cybernats saying "it's not illegal"

Absolute state of it.

Sturgeon's comments awful too. "Foolish" is when you have one too many drinks at the Christmas party and fall off your chair. It's not perving up a kid.
Minimum action is that he is expelled from the SNP (not been announced yet, let us hope they do) and he should resign as an MSP.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 06-02-2020, 11:47 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post

And they would be right.

However I think everyone would agree it is wrong. I think we have the law of consent wrong.

I would drop it to 15 but only between people one year apart

ie 15 and 16

at 16 I would make it two years apart ie 15-18
at 17 I would make it three years apart ie 16-20
at 18 I would make it four years apart ie 16-22
and only at 19 would I do away with any age restriction.

Having said that I did have a short affair with a 32 year old when I was 16, it seemed incredibly exciting, but there was nothing exploitative about it in my mind
Old 06-02-2020, 11:53 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
That's the way Spanish law is structured, seems far more rational.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:54 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
And they would be right.

However I think everyone would agree it is wrong. I think we have the law of consent wrong.

I would drop it to 15 but only between people one year apart

ie 15 and 16

at 16 I would make it two years apart ie 15-18
at 17 I would make it three years apart ie 16-20
at 18 I would make it four years apart ie 16-22
and only at 19 would I do away with any age restriction.

Having said that I did have a short affair with a 32 year old when I was 16, it seemed incredibly exciting, but there was nothing exploitative about it in my mind
They would be wrong. The issue isn't the age of consent. There was no sex involved, it's irrelevant.

The issue is a 42 year old man sending hundreds of unsolicited messages to a 26 year old schoolboy, telling him how cute he is, etc.

It's grooming. The only purpose of those bringing up the age of consent is to try and excuses the actions of this absolute wrongun. His own son is 15. He knows what he's up to.

Agree with you about the changes though. Kids are going to have sex and criminalising it is daft. But adults in their 40s taking advantage of that to pray on kids is disturbing
Old 06-02-2020, 12:07 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
That's the way Spanish law is structured, seems far more rational.
I didn't realise that, but yes it is far more rational.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:12 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Being rational and compassionate, there is of course not a hope in hell of the current British govt taking a look at it.