Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 18-01-2022, 11:30 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
No mention of Mercedes taking grid penalty for a new rocket engine in Brasil and then going from p20 to p5 in the sprint and then winning the race on Sunday that gave Lewis a chance of catching Max up over the last 3 races of the season. Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post

Last season was an “entertainment” fix the moment the FIA released the aero regs changes without any team consultation. For those who don’t know, they were clearly and solely designed to hamstring the Merc and stop them running away with the title again. And they worked. We watched an entirely manufactured season. What happened at the final race was a humongous cock up and served up an entirely false result. So anyone who thinks Verstappen or Red Bull are worthy winners or true world champions is kidding themselves.
I agree with this bit though

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina

Last edited by greybot; 18-01-2022 at 11:32 AM.
Old 18-01-2022, 11:31 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
No mention of Mercedes taking grid penalty for a new rocket engine in Brasil and then going from p20 to p5 in the sprint and then winning the race on Sunday that gave Lewis a chance of catching Max up over the last 3 races of the season. Interesting.

Ah, when the regulations were actually applied. Good times.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didnít vote for a Brexit.
Old 18-01-2022, 11:43 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

I agree with this bit though
If you understood anything about F1 rather than "ooo look at all those cars going round and round" you wouldn't post such ridiculous statements. Honestly Greybot, its like reading posts about a football game from someone who doesn't know the offside rule or worse. Do yourself a favor mate.
Old 18-01-2022, 11:51 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
I'll help you with that favor Greybot. Take a look at this, you will learn something.

Old 18-01-2022, 11:56 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Already watched it. Also read all the comments of everyone falling over each other to say the same thing that it should result in a points penalty or a harsher grid place penalty to close the loophole.

Old 18-01-2022, 12:00 PM
Ex-Connecticut

Quote:
Already watched it. Also read all the comments of everyone falling over each other to say the same thing that it should result in a points penalty or a harsher grid place penalty to close the loophole.
Oh, I see, so you want more off the cuff, heat of the moment, last minute rule changes. Great. If it gets the result you want, who cares eh?
Old 18-01-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:

Ultimately I hope the new regs level the playing field so we we donít have to watch another season of Merc dominance with an other team chasing their coat tails.
Were you being sarcastic here

Old 18-01-2022, 12:11 PM
Ex-Connecticut

Quote:
Were you being sarcastic here
No. Whether you were joking or not, it's a valid issue.
No-one can argue that Merc haven't been dominant, and the FIA have been to blame for that too. They brought in new engine regs and then reduced the ability for engine manufacturers and the teams from developing them (all the cost cutting measures) so, all the other teams couldn't develop their engines to the full extent needed to catch up with Merc who got it so very right from the off (kudos to them).
The playing field does need leveling - and here's the important bit - but in a way that is inclusive to all the stake holders, not just the FIA fiddling around with some bits and pieces independently (see last year's aero regs). That's not fair or right. The design and regs for the 2022 cars have been inclusive, more inclusive than anything ever in the past.
That is the correct and fair way to go about it.
Old 18-01-2022, 12:16 PM

I agree with you there. The new regs are far more inclusive of all teams and I'm excited about the changes and the impact they may have from the off this season.

Old 18-01-2022, 12:34 PM
Master of Disaster

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Quote:
No. Whether you were joking or not, it's a valid issue.
No-one can argue that Merc haven't been dominant, and the FIA have been to blame for that too. They brought in new engine regs and then reduced the ability for engine manufacturers and the teams from developing them (all the cost cutting measures) so, all the other teams couldn't develop their engines to the full extent needed to catch up with Merc who got it so very right from the off (kudos to them).
The playing field does need leveling - and here's the important bit - but in a way that is inclusive to all the stake holders, not just the FIA fiddling around with some bits and pieces independently (see last year's aero regs). That's not fair or right. The design and regs for the 2022 cars have been inclusive, more inclusive than anything ever in the past.
That is the correct and fair way to go about it.
I think we may see a surprise this season. A bit like the last major rule change where Brawn got the jump on everyone and ended up winning the title. One or two people reporting on Twitter that Alpine have found "something" in the regs which they can exploit to their advantage. I think we may see a surprise team up their and one of Red Bull or Mercedes may fall away
Old 18-01-2022, 02:14 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
I too have a very sour taste from last season and havenít rewatched anything - itís almost as if last season didnít happen for me.

However Iím too intrigued to see how the new cars go to give up on F1 (if theyíre a failure I might start to waver though), them, Norris and McLaren will keep me interested.
The FIA (and FISA before that) have always been a factor in F1, full of over important, arrogant, pompous, strutting, idiots (Balestre anyone?) interfering with race results as much as referees (who influence results every week) or the PL (allowing dubious covid related match cancellations) do in football.

Last season was an ďentertainmentĒ fix the moment the FIA released the aero regs changes without any team consultation. For those who donít know, they were clearly and solely designed to hamstring the Merc and stop them running away with the title again. And they worked. We watched an entirely manufactured season. What happened at the final race was a humongous cock up and served up an entirely false result. So anyone who thinks Verstappen or Red Bull are worthy winners or true world champions is kidding themselves.

The FIA should be doing everything possible to rectify the situation but theres probably still many in the FIA (see above for description) who donít think anything was wrong with what happened last season, so Iím not overly hopeful and it would be nothing new if there was some sort of whitewash.

Ultimately I hope the new regs level the playing field so we we donít have to watch another season of Merc dominance with an other team chasing their coat tails. Horner and Max can go do one. I have no time for either of them glorifying in their manufactured win. But F1, I will give another chance to.
Whilst I don't have much time for Smug Christian, I find it hard to begrudge Max Verstappen his World Championship. He is a very hard racer, who pushes the rules to their absolute limits - and sometimes beyond, for which he takes his punishments - but he is undoubtedly a hugely talented and committed driver and he fought a very hard campaign against the GOAT. Ultimately, he got his Championship through a very poor judgement by Michael Masi, but to denigrate Max for that reason seems very harsh.
Old 18-01-2022, 03:32 PM
Ex-Connecticut

But I'm not denigrating him. He's an excellent driver, yes, but the indisputable fact remains that he's only World Champ because Masi made him so.
It's Masi and the FIA that denigrated all his and the RB team's hard work. That is the devaluing factor.
Old 18-01-2022, 04:23 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
O.K. - fair point. I just felt he had done an amazing job to keep himself in contention against someone of Lewis's calibre, and the fact he was ultimately gifted his win by Masi shouldn't be used to put him down as unworthy, as though he was way behind Lewis on talent.
Old 18-01-2022, 04:25 PM

Quote:
But I'm not denigrating him. He's an excellent driver, yes, but the indisputable fact remains that he's only World Champ because Masi made him so.
It's Masi and the FIA that denigrated all his and the RB team's hard work. That is the devaluing factor.

I find myself agreeing with you a lot today.

He really is an excellent driver isn't he.

Old 18-01-2022, 04:53 PM
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
^^^
Old 19-01-2022, 07:37 AM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
news outlets still pondering whether Hamilton will drive for 2022. Hamilton must have completed winter testing of this years car and all the other pre-season stuff, like seat-fitting, fitness work, etc. I don't think this "Is he/isn't he ?" scenario is necessary. He obviously is driving.
Old 19-01-2022, 10:14 AM

Agreed. And, if there was any substance behind the risk, Mercedes would be sounding out other drivers.

It's all a little over-dramatic, although I fully understand his frustration.
Old 19-01-2022, 07:01 PM
Master of Disaster

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
He has gone "off grid" over the winter break before. This isn't nothing new. It's only because of the the circumstances of the last race people are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5. Honestly nothing to worry about. He will be back this year to get his record breaking title
Old 21-01-2022, 06:14 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
This, all day long. Love watching Max. He didnt win the last race. The FIA won it for him.

Where is that bloody list ?
Old 23-01-2022, 08:14 AM
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login, and what looks suspiciously like a coordinated attempt to paint Toto Wolff & Hamilton as the bad guys in Abu Dhabi. The main gist seeming to be Wolff's behaviour is bad for Hamilton's image and for his future career as king of the world, or some such fabricated b*llocks.

(apologies for the Daily Express link, but can't see in main F1 sources yet)

What a sh*t show, it seems plainer than ever FIA/F1 are going to double down on their strategy to make F1 performative art as entertainment, rather than sport.

Last edited by hong_kong_hg; 23-01-2022 at 08:19 AM.