Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: 3rd midfielder
Hughes 100 74.07%
Eze 31 22.96%
Olise 1 0.74%
Ayew 3 2.22%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2021, 11:05 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
3rd midfielder (with Gallagher + Kouyate)

Let’s help the manager, Vieira, who keeps getting it wrong because he doesn’t know our players as well as we do. He’s already played the abysmal Jairo, the painfully slow Luka and the sloppy Schluppy multiple times. All of them are regular flops in midfield these days and have been given far too many opportunities. So, who do you, as a well informed fan who has watched these players for many years, perhaps even as a season ticket holder, think should be the 3rd midfielder in the absence of McArthur? Let’s help the manager eradicate his mistakes. COYP
Old 05-12-2021, 11:20 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Ayew or Olise as the 3rd CM hahaha really???? I think he would stop reading after that if I’m being honest
Old 05-12-2021, 11:21 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Ayew or Olise as the 3rd CM hahaha really???? I think he would stop reading after that if I’m being honest
Olise played there for Reading. But maybe he’d pick Hughes then? I think that’s who the fans want to see!
Old 05-12-2021, 11:24 PM

Bert_P came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBert_P came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBert_P came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBert_P came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBert_P came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBert_P came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBert_P came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBert_P came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBert_P came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBert_P came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBert_P came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Luka-Gallagher-eze
Old 05-12-2021, 11:28 PM

I’d like to see Ayew. I think Olise would be brilliant with his energy. But I think Eze would be the most realistic. Hughes would be fine. But not those aforementioned failures again.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:29 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Olise played there for Reading. But maybe he’d pick Hughes then? I think that’s who the fans want to see!
Has to be Hughes. I don’t understand why he’s not playing if he’s seen as McArthur’s long term replacement. Eze looks so unfit and a yard off it at the moment which is understandable. Schlupp is better suited off the bench now in my opinion. Has to be Hughes for me but he can’t get on the pitch for whatever reason.

The honeymoon period is well and truly over and we need to beat Everton whatever way we play before we fall in to the rut that looks on the cards
Old 06-12-2021, 12:48 AM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This was an easy choice for me, like most on here I suspect. That said I don't think Olise would be the worst choice in the world. He played there for reading and has good energy as gf said. Certainly would do more then Schlupp or Luka even in an out and out "8" role, given his technical ability.
Old 06-12-2021, 01:25 AM

Wilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWilbraham413 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When they are all 100% fit, I would prefer Eze. But right now, I prefer Hughes, just to see what we have in him.

And actually, what would be wrong with Hughes, Gallagher, Eze as our ideal 3? I don't see why Kouyate is an automatic starter.
2020 Feb. (Van Aanholt) Palace 1 - 0 Newcastle
Old 06-12-2021, 04:00 AM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
I’d like it to be Hughes when at full speed.

Obviously he needs to be fully fit. Which he claimed to be in his interview last week. He also cleared up he’s not been fit until now.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

It’s likely PV is nursing both Hughes and Eze. We dint want to rush them and find ourselves in a Connor Wickham situation.

Same re Olise. He like Eze last year needed time to get up to speed of the premier league, he is only 19. He’s been far more effective off the bench than when he starts. His tone to shine I bet comes next season... see Mitchell.

On paper this is an easy question but the relatively is PV has to balance things right now. Hence Ayew getting game time. He and Schlupp are invaluable and under valued members of the squad for this reason.

Last edited by palace_burger; 06-12-2021 at 04:06 AM.
Old 06-12-2021, 05:55 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Let’s help the manager, Vieira, who keeps getting it wrong because he doesn’t know our players as well as we do..

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 06-12-2021, 05:59 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Why is Kouyate considered worthy of a start when he has major flaws to his game?

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 06-12-2021, 07:20 AM

Bangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is here
GF, I wouldn’t be so patronising about our manager’s team selection abilities given your regular flights of fancy.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:24 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Old 06-12-2021, 07:26 AM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Is he wrong though? I doubt he's watched every game Schlupp has played as a central midfielder.

Schlupp probably looks amazing in training as he is quick, strong and has a good shot but he is awful as a CM.

Last edited by Danny boy; 06-12-2021 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangell View Post
GF, I wouldn’t be so patronising about our manager’s team selection abilities given your regular flights of fancy.
I’m not a professional manager. Vieira has done a tremendous job overall but he should be able to see what we all can. It’s not rocket science. He’s paid to make this simple decision. So frustrating.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:51 AM

Also, what I don’t get is Luka starts against Burnley, was hopeless and then is rewarded with another start vs Villa and is even worse. He’s done exactly the same again with Schlupp. Could he not see he was poor vs Leeds? Then even worse against Man Utd. I think we should probably add Schlupp to the players made available for transfer.

Luka - goodbye
Jairo - goodbye
Schlupp - goodbye (if centre mid is what he is seen as)

Hughes - HELLO, I WANT TO SEE MORE OF YOU
Eze - HELLO I WANT TO SEE MORE OF YOU
Olise - HELLO I WANT TO SEE MORE OF YOU
Old 06-12-2021, 07:55 AM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Hughes. If he isn’t up to it, then we desperately need to dip back into the loan market in Jan, or splash out on a permanency signing.

Last edited by hulkster; 06-12-2021 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:57 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Why is Kouyate considered worthy of a start when he has major flaws to his game?
Because hew has been very good so far, and isn't one of our problems
Old 06-12-2021, 08:14 AM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
We have seen Hughes for a few minutes on the pitch, whereas PV has had the benefit of seeing him in training as well.
How are we meant to have more knowledge of him than PV?
Old 06-12-2021, 08:21 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Someone has been catching up on their chocolate advent calendar.