Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Oh crap...it's thanksgiving

It's that time again where expats have to disrupt their lives and look somewhat interested in the american yawn hobby of overeating and watching football. It's almost as bad as independence day , you know, where they celebrate a few farmers with pitchforks destroying the entire british army. This is too much, I think I'll go take a dump

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 24-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Happy Thanksgiving
Old 24-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
We actually had a bit of a family get together last Sunday, and I already made myself a turkey curry on Monday with the leftovers. Is this the first official turkey leftovers curry of the festive season?

It was ******* great, by the way.

EDIT - the curry, not the get together.
EDIT 2 - although the get together was pretty good also.
Old 24-11-2010, 08:05 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
I don't complain so much these days as my current job gives my both Thursday and Friday off, so, it's a 4 day weekend!
Old 24-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
You get Thanksgiving day off?

Isn't it just like an practice Christmas dinner run?
Old 24-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Je Suis Un Funky Homme

peagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Love Thanksgiving. 6 NFL games in one week (3 additional ones on Thursday) is like Christmas come early in the peagle house.
Old 24-11-2010, 08:10 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgins
It's that time again where expats have to disrupt their lives and look somewhat interested in the american yawn hobby of overeating and watching football. It's almost as bad as independence day , you know, where they celebrate a few farmers with pitchforks destroying the entire british army. This is too much, I think I'll go take a dump
But, thanksgiving is actually about the first settlers who were incompetent twats who couldn't grow food and would make the local natives laugh as they would catch and try to eat horseshoe crabs from the Chesapeake Bay . The native Americans became so embarrassed that they took the settlers aside and showed them how to grow and store food and introduced them to corn/maize. Of course, within 50 years when the settlers were able to survive on their own, they started slaughtering the local natives...
Old 24-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Banned by Moderators

the curve the curve the curve the curve the curve the curve the curve the curve the curve the curve the curve
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ
But, thanksgiving is actually about the first settlers who were incompetent twats who couldn't grow food and would make the local natives laugh as they would catch and try to eat horseshoe crabs from the Chesapeake Bay . The native Americans became so embarrassed that they took the settlers aside and showed them how to grow and store food and introduced them to corn/maize. Of course, within 50 years when the settlers were able to survive on their own, they started slaughtering the local natives...

Do we give a f*** - No we dont - America - keep your thanksgiving and take back F****** Haloween - its all ShITE

"Hey mister do ya like Dags ? "

"Dags what the feck are Dags ?"

"We want to be free..to be free and have a good time, and get off our faces on acid,thats what we want"
Old 24-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
I wish in the states for thanksgiving last year. This year, it's Christmas, which is rubbish as I get Christmas anyway. I want extra holidays, not bloody existing ones

Anyway, happy thanksgiving everyone
Old 24-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the curve
Do we give a f*** - No we dont - America - keep your thanksgiving and take back F****** Haloween - its all ShITE
Halloween is British?

It's also a million times better than Bonfire night, which is shite
Old 24-11-2010, 08:25 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgins
...the american yawn hobby of overeating and watching football.
And that is different to every Sunday lunchtime in England how?
Old 24-11-2010, 08:33 PM
2010.Dougie.Sound.

BulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Isn't it tomorrow?
"Their name is Crystal ****ing Palace. Just imagine it, a Palace, made out of ****ing crystals. Huddersfield Town? Um, no thanks, I think i'll call my club Sapphire Mansion if that's ok with you." Leicester City Fans Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010 on Smoke Bomb v Cardiff
I doubt that whoever did it will own up and apologise to the club but he will probably receive a football banning order when identified on the CCTV. As John Cooper Clarke famously said, nobody has got a good word for you but I have. Twat.
Old 24-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
I was in New York for thanksgiving last year.

About 15 random people with very tenous links to each other got together for a meal someone in Billyburg. Had a brilliant time.

Love Thanksgiving.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 24-11-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog
And that is different to every Sunday lunchtime in England how?
Because American Football is absolutely piss..... I would rather watch MU Reserves v Chelsea Res while being ****ed in the ass by a donkey than watch 2 hours of that dribble with a beer in my hand
Old 24-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Je Suis Un Funky Homme

peagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ
Because American Football is absolutely piss..... I would rather watch MU Reserves v Chelsea Res while being ****ed in the ass by a donkey than watch 2 hours of that dribble with a beer in my hand
NFL is better than soccer
Old 24-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by peagle
No it's not, it's fecking boring !
Old 24-11-2010, 09:32 PM

JohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnInTheUSA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
That's coz you're Canadian
Old 24-11-2010, 09:52 PM

AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by peagle
I am with peagle, spot on.
Old 24-11-2010, 09:52 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Had a celebration at the weekend which was great. Christmas except the stress and the expense of presents. Good food (everyone brought a dish to ours) Palace on the tele(replaced the NFL game!) lots of alcohol and a **** off bubble and squeak/turkey breakfast the next morning!

Will do something tomorrow, although nothing locally caters for Thanksgiving, the wife will be missing America and her family so not sure what to do, may well be a case of the local american themed restaurant(which didn't even know it was thanksgiving tomorrow, when i called them earlier.
Old 24-11-2010, 09:54 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletEagle
Isn't it tomorrow?
Yep, last Thursday or November