Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 20-05-2019, 07:25 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I think so much depends on how much AJ has improved since fighting white. He cannot afford to fight like that against wilder. Let's be frank though we aren't really learning much about anyone with this round of fights.
Old 20-05-2019, 07:40 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTEAGLE View Post
If you rate the 3 of them on boxing skills versus power, Fury is the best boxer (most awkward) and Wilder has the most power. The thing is they are both 3rd for the other factor. AJ is number two for both and so is the best overall but it doesn’t mean that the other two aren’t dangerous.
AJ v Wilder has three possible outcomes ko stoppage either way or a points win for AJ.
Fury can only win either fight by points and Wilder can only win either fight by stoppage. This is of course pointing out the obvious but what i think it means is it would be a shame if they only ever fight once against each other. I don't really think that would come close to answering all the questions and will leave the fans short changed imo.

So in short stop circling one another in fear of the loss. Agree to fight each other with full proof rematch clauses. Agree two fight deals all round.
Old 20-05-2019, 01:02 PM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have a confession to make. Think I am a Dylian Whyte fan, just by his postings on Instagram. He says it how he sees it. He feels more authentic as a person than AJ, who for some reason I don't understand myself, feels contrived in the media these days.

The same Tyson Fury, even if he has private opinions that are against me as a minority. I am into his journey back from his dark place, and that is endearing and I wish him well. He is clearly the number one heavyweight at the moment and has the beating of everyone if he fights at range with movement.
Old 21-05-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN View Post
I have a confession to make. Think I am a Dylian Whyte fan, just by his postings on Instagram. He says it how he sees it. He feels more authentic as a person than AJ, who for some reason I don't understand myself, feels contrived in the media these days.

The same Tyson Fury, even if he has private opinions that are against me as a minority. I am into his journey back from his dark place, and that is endearing and I wish him well. He is clearly the number one heavyweight at the moment and has the beating of everyone if he fights at range with movement.
I know what you mean.. AJ is a little dull in truth, he's not mr charisma and he's careful and considered with what he says. Fortunately for the most part he has not fought the way of his personality. At the same time i find him hard to dislike also on that basis.

I don't think there is anything clear about Fury being number 1. I think this is where AJ is harshly done by. He has three of the four belts and he's a relative novice. If that doesn't give him a reasonable claim to the number 1 spot until proven otherwise i don't know what does. Up until this point if you take out the wilder fight AJ has fought tougher opponents than Fury and beaten them more convincingly.

They simply must start fighting each other or the sport loses so much credibility.
Old 21-05-2019, 10:28 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
AJ has just had his personality sanitised by Sky. You should read some of his tweets about being the master race that were airbrushed from history and obviously he was done for drug dealing. There is an angry man in there but the calm boxing ambassador who does the business in the ring is the image the sponsors want.

My gut feeling is AJ beats them all. Fury could out point him but if Wilder can catch him, why not AJ? Wilder could knock him out obviously but my gut feeling is he wont. Suspect we'll wait a long time to find out.
Old 22-05-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
AJ has just had his personality sanitised by Sky. You should read some of his tweets about being the master race that were airbrushed from history and obviously he was done for drug dealing. There is an angry man in there but the calm boxing ambassador who does the business in the ring is the image the sponsors want.

My gut feeling is AJ beats them all. Fury could out point him but if Wilder can catch him, why not AJ? Wilder could knock him out obviously but my gut feeling is he wont. Suspect we'll wait a long time to find out.
Mind you, I think it's perfectly possible to be a pretty dull drug dealer. :-)... I am just not sure he's particularly charismatic.. but then it's not essential really.

I also have the same gut feeling which is why i just know I would find it extremely frustrating should wilder knock him out or fury manage to nurdle his way past him and that is seen as the closing of the chapter. I think these fights need to happen and they need to happen more than once.
Old 22-05-2019, 06:25 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yeah fair enough, having a nasty side doesn't mean charisma. I think everyone agrees we want to see these fights a few times. By the time we get to it I wonder if it will be the big 4 with Usyk transitioning to HW? He has the skills to stay out of harms way with Wilder. In the meantime I think at least Whyte v Rivas should be competitive and Gorman v Dubois will give us an idea if either are likely to make the breakthrough.
Old 23-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
The excellent Michael Hunter and dangerous Croatian Filip Hrgovic are on Sky at the weekend.

Hughie and Savannah Marshall on channel five
Old 24-05-2019, 12:53 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Been off here for a while. Went to the Ulster Hall card last week (won tickets, happy me) and Burnett looked excellent against a tough opponent. I thought Taylor also looked very good on Saturday night. Less said about Saunders the better. Looked fleshy and slow at 168.

Not going to bother moaning about ppv anymore as every "big" fight is now an extra £20, with fight fans forking out an extra £60 on top of subscriptions if they want to watch Joshua, Whyte and Fury. Team stream all the way.
Old 25-05-2019, 09:05 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
The excellent Michael Hunter and dangerous Croatian Filip Hrgovic are on Sky at the weekend.

Hughie and Savannah Marshall on channel five
What is this Hughie Fury fight all about? What a pointless night. I think I could beat his opponent!
Old 25-05-2019, 09:30 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
What is this Hughie Fury fight all about? What a pointless night. I think I could beat his opponent!
Yeah, he wasn't really up to much, a bit pointless!
Old 25-05-2019, 09:41 PM

TrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrickyD : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Maybe the worst bill of boxing you will ever see? Boxers fighting punch bags
Old 26-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Yes, the opposition for both fight cards last night was shockingly bad
Old 26-05-2019, 11:10 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Yes, the opposition for both fight cards last night was shockingly bad
Credit to Haney though, he looks to have something special.
Old 30-05-2019, 09:52 AM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I use to hate Wilder but I'm coming round to him and going right off Aj. Wilder talks 90% garbage but he did say every opponent he's put on their backside, which is true. I'm becoming more and more convinced AJ is more hype than skill and in my limited knowledge looks a bit chinny.

I think an on form Fury beats both just a shame he can't punch. AJ v Wilder seems like who tags the other first although Wilder may be able to get up from AJ punch but I suspect AJ won't get up from a Wilder one.

I hope we get to see the fights but I have a fear they will dance around each other for another year or so.
Old 30-05-2019, 11:03 AM
Vive La Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
I use to hate Wilder but I'm coming round to him and going right off Aj. Wilder talks 90% garbage but he did say every opponent he's put on their backside, which is true. I'm becoming more and more convinced AJ is more hype than skill and in my limited knowledge looks a bit chinny.

I think an on form Fury beats both just a shame he can't punch. AJ v Wilder seems like who tags the other first although Wilder may be able to get up from AJ punch but I suspect AJ won't get up from a Wilder one.

I hope we get to see the fights but I have a fear they will dance around each other for another year or so.
Fury has said the Wilder rematch is in March or April, so neither will go near Joshua until the end of next year at the earliest.
Old 30-05-2019, 12:13 PM
Keeping The Faith

Wilder has Ortiz and perhaps Kownacki as next 2

AJ has Pulev and Usyk as possible mandatories.

Let's hope Fury vs Whyte can be made..

20th July should be tidy

Whyte vs Rivas
Allen vs Price
Chisora vs Spillka mooted..
Old 30-05-2019, 05:16 PM
Vive La Revolution

Fury rejected Whyte today, which was no surprise.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:18 PM
COBBY31

jamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone been a mug and ordered this one? (Like me)

Please sponsor me for the London marathon 2015 in aid of Prostate Cancer http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=jamescobb33
Old 01-06-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesc_24 View Post
Anyone been a mug and ordered this one? (Like me)
I probably would if I wasn’t busy from early tomorrow. The undercard is sufficient to suffer the walkover the main event will be.