Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-04-2019, 10:41 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
It was only later that a prosecutor in Swedish under Swedish law found a potential legal reason to charge.
Yes. Rape.

Quote:
The prosecutor may have a case under Swedish law. But in the English language and under English law I very much doubt his alleged act, which I am in no way defending, would be declared rape.
The judge in the extradition hearing, before Assange skipped bail, confirmed that it would also be rape in the UK.

Out of curiosity, what charge did you think having unconsenting sex with an unconscious woman was in the UK?

Quote:
Has Sweden ever sought to extradite anyone else for this offence?
I've not looked it up, but I suspect they have tried to extradite for rape before, yes.

Last edited by Heb 7:4; 13-04-2019 at 10:43 PM.
Old 13-04-2019, 10:49 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
I find your attitude very odd AJ. You admit little knowledge of the law, yet tell people who simply state the man is facing charges of rape and other acts as 'screeching moral rectitude'. Quite frankly I have no idea what you are on about.

A foreign country under their law have stated they may lay charges. Why do you question it under your limited knowledge of English law? From my equally limited knowledge, there are several countries whi have prosecuted under such terms (the removal without consent of a condom). I have no idea of whether that could be prosecuted in England. As to the other charges, I don't know enough either.

I don't know what agenda I have brought into. One that backs up women? Guilty. As some sort of conspiracy, it's a half arsed way of doing it.
Old 13-04-2019, 10:49 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
adrenalin john, if you click on the link Adlerhorst provided above, you will see this under "Myth Number One":
“The allegation of rape would not be rape under English law”
This is flatly untrue. The Assange legal team argued this twice before English courts, and twice the English courts ruled clearly that the allegation would also constitute rape under English law.
Here's the link it provides to a To view the link you have to Register or Login.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 13-04-2019, 10:51 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Thank you Hugh. I'd missed that.
Old 13-04-2019, 11:17 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
I find your attitude very odd AJ. You admit little knowledge of the law, yet tell people who simply state the man is facing charges of rape and other acts as 'screeching moral rectitude'. Quite frankly I have no idea what you are on about.

A foreign country under their law have stated they may lay charges. Why do you question it under your limited knowledge of English law? From my equally limited knowledge, there are several countries whi have prosecuted under such terms (the removal without consent of a condom). I have no idea of whether that could be prosecuted in England. As to the other charges, I don't know enough either.

I don't know what agenda I have brought into. One that backs up women? Guilty. As some sort of conspiracy, it's a half arsed way of doing it.
^
Old 13-04-2019, 11:52 PM

TennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There's no way it can be argued it wouldn't be rape. If the condition of sexual intercourse is you do so with a condom, and the consent is then removed because you do so without a condom, you've penetrated that person without their consent. Pretty self explanatory. Just because they consented before hand makes very little difference and I'm pretty sure most courts would see it that way.

Granted, it's on the lower end of the spectrum in terms of severity of the circumstances surrounding it. But still pretty cut and dry it's rape within UK law I would say.
Old 14-04-2019, 01:34 AM

Madden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halftime Gold View Post
Werent they seriously questionable in the first place? a couple of women he'd slept with were looking to get him to take an STD test and this became sexual assault?
Why wouldn't they just get themselves tested?
Old 14-04-2019, 04:47 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
I see the idiots Abbott and Corbyn are asking the British government to block any extradition to the states.

The comedy duo really do need to try to keep up a bit better.
Why should he be extradited to the States?
Old 14-04-2019, 05:45 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
It's not that simple. The UK's extradition treaties (in fact, most nations') specifically exclude extradition for political charges. The US charge of computer hacking is theoretically apolitical but, in fact, it relates to providing assistance to Chelsea Manning to obtain some of the information about US war crimes in Iraq. Assange's team are clearly going to make the case that this is therefore a political charge thus not actionable. Indeed the fact that the US has recently To view the link you have to Register or Login provides strong support for this. I have no doubt that the US charges are dishonest, that they want to punish him for the political crime of blowing the whistle on their crimes, and that he should not be allowed anywhere near a US courtroom as justice will be impossible for him.

The Swedish charges are clearly not political though Assange's lawyers will argue that if he is extradited there the US will try to extradite him again. My gut feeling is that this one should probably be allowed to play out i.e. he should be extradited to Sweden, as they are likely to not then extradite him to the US.
The point I was making concerned due process. Thing is, it's not for you, me or indeed Corbyn or Abbot to decide whether or not any of these charges are political. It's for the Courts. We have an independent judiciary and due process for a reason, part of which is to put the brakes on political bias. By deciding this point up front, all they have done is introduce this bias, which is concerning if they aspire to govern.

There are circumstances where this may return to the Home Secretary. The classic example of this was Jack Straw ruling Pinochet was too ill to stand trial in Spain. However this was also part of the legal process.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by JDawg; 14-04-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Old 14-04-2019, 05:52 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden View Post
Why wouldn't they just get themselves tested?
Because that’s irrelevant.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-04-2019, 06:42 PM
A source of real news

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Why should he be extradited to the States?
To start with that is the wrong question, the idiot duo have asked the government to block it. I've only read a few articles on it but already know its no longer up to the home secretary but the courts. Do these clowns have any advisors or are they just shooting from the hip.

In my view the Swede's should get him back to face trial for the rape. Whereas I realise his lefty luvvy supporters are trying hard to pretend it all a yank conspiracy he needs to answer for that before anything else. The victim wants him tried, she has said so. That is my preference for what its worth.

Failing that I hope he gets 12months for skipping bail so that the Home Sec can deport him back to Oz. Somebody else's problem.

As for deporting him to the US I know its popular on the left to hate the yanks but wikileaks have hacked their systems which can only undermine their operations, its not just the helicopter clip its millions of documents. They are our leading ally in the world and we should be supporting them where we can, by that I mean following legal international agreements made by the government. If that means they should account for themselves for undermining our allies so be it.

Think it through, who are the people supporting your position of being allowed to spout complete bollocks.
Old 14-04-2019, 08:21 PM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bloke's a wanker. F*ck him.
Old 14-04-2019, 09:55 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post

Hold on you said the woman made a claim of rape. She simply didn't.

Nor did the police see it as rape. However a prosecutor later made a case from the statements for rape, but still didn't arrest Assange.

However having looked at the link previously posted, if a UK Judge would also classify this as rape in UK law then I stand completely corrected. I would have thought it would be under a different offence classifications but clearly not.
Old 14-04-2019, 10:12 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
A little research I can find not one case of this being prosecuted in the UK or the USA.

I did however find one in Canada and one in Germany of a policeman no less. However the crime was classified as sexual assault not rape.

However in 2017 in Lausanne, 10 miles from where I am now funnily enough, a man was convicted of rape for not using a condom when it was expressly required.
Old 15-04-2019, 05:23 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Sorry, AJ, just clarifying - you are aware that the rape claim was not for refusing to wear a condom but for having sex with her when she was unconscious. Are you sure no-one's ever been convicted of that in the UK? I know there have been examples in the US eg Brock Turner famously.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 15-04-2019, 05:27 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
To start with that is the wrong question, the idiot duo have asked the government to block it. I've only read a few articles on it but already know its no longer up to the home secretary but the courts. Do these clowns have any advisors or are they just shooting from the hip.

In my view the Swede's should get him back to face trial for the rape. Whereas I realise his lefty luvvy supporters are trying hard to pretend it all a yank conspiracy he needs to answer for that before anything else. The victim wants him tried, she has said so. That is my preference for what its worth.

Failing that I hope he gets 12months for skipping bail so that the Home Sec can deport him back to Oz. Somebody else's problem.

As for deporting him to the US I know its popular on the left to hate the yanks but wikileaks have hacked their systems which can only undermine their operations, its not just the helicopter clip its millions of documents. They are our leading ally in the world and we should be supporting them where we can, by that I mean following legal international agreements made by the government. If that means they should account for themselves for undermining our allies so be it.

Think it through, who are the people supporting your position of being allowed to spout complete bollocks.
It was the question because your post was specifically about extradition to the US.

And it seems you want it to happen to appease a stronger military ally. You don't mention whether he's actually broken any laws. I don't suppose that's important to you, as long as they get your particular hate figure.
Old 15-04-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
Sorry, AJ, just clarifying - you are aware that the rape claim was not for refusing to wear a condom but for having sex with her when she was unconscious. Are you sure no-one's ever been convicted of that in the UK? I know there have been examples in the US eg Brock Turner famously.
No I am not. My understanding was the complaint was not about having unconsented sex per se but having unprotected sex.

I did read that on one of the occasions the person was asleep when the act was initiated. However, I assumed the problem was not the act but that he didn't use a condom.

Or are you saying the victim was unconscious, through drink or drugs. In which case then there is no defense, it is clearly rape and there are many cases proven so in law.

However I really don't think this is the case. Surely the woman would have reported rape, rather than request Assange have an STD test

Last edited by adrenalin john; 15-04-2019 at 07:24 AM.
Old 15-04-2019, 08:28 AM
A source of real news

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
It was the question because your post was specifically about extradition to the US.

And it seems you want it to happen to appease a stronger military ally. You don't mention whether he's actually broken any laws. I don't suppose that's important to you, as long as they get your particular hate figure.
Not really it was about what the idiot duo were asking the government to do when they should know its not longer up to them but the courts, see below for confirmation.

Quote:
I see the idiots Abbott and Corbyn are asking the British government to block any extradition to the states.

The comedy duo really do need to try to keep up a bit better.

Its also not a question of appeasing anyone just following the law which should apply to him as well as anyone else. I don't have to comment on whether he's broken any US laws as we have an agreed extradition process that should be followed. If we don't we could become a haven for hackers attacking the US military and companies.

I don't hate him anymore than any other rapists but certainly don't want to get into supporting his rape through some nonsense about freedom of the press. Sweden should ask for him so that he can face the accusations. Remember the victim wants him prosecuted.
Old 15-04-2019, 10:34 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
No I am not. My understanding was the complaint was not about having unconsented sex per se but having unprotected sex.
It's both. The unprotected sex was unconsenting sex. Miss W's claim is that she had sex with Assange the night before in which he unwillingly wore a condom, but that she was very clear she would only allow sex with a condom.

She then woke up the next day with Assange penetrating her without a condom. Something for which she had specifically refused to give consent.

Having unconsenting sex with an unconscious woman is rape. It is very strange that you seem to struggle with this. It's rape in Sweden. It would be rape here.
Old 15-04-2019, 04:11 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Where is this dude now?