Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-06-2019, 07:04 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
You forgot car driving scum who open their doors into the cycle lane without looking.
I have some sympathy with this, but surely (and here I speak as a motorcyclist) it is poor practice to ride that close to parked cars?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 26-06-2019, 08:08 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Sigh. What assertion did I make that I have failed to substantiate?
Still not one example of the courts treating cyclists more leniently than motorists,, I see.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 26-06-2019, 08:09 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I have some sympathy with this, but surely (and here I speak as a motorcyclist) it is poor practice to ride that close to parked cars?
This is absolutely true. But you also get shouted at for riding in the 'middle of the road' when you don't.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 26-06-2019, 08:15 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
By law we are obliged to occupy the centre of the road, here. It’s not the shouting I mind, it’s when they deliberately pass you about 20 cm away to make a point (or out of ignorance, it’s scary either way).
Old 26-06-2019, 08:16 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Still not one example of the courts treating cyclists more leniently than motorists,, I see.
Pure (and inaccurate) inference. I carefully never made any such assertion.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 26-06-2019, 08:18 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
This is absolutely true. But you also get shouted at for riding in the 'middle of the road' when you don't.
Maybe. But I am sure that you (rightly) ignore any louts who shout at you.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-07-2019, 07:30 PM
Borderline lunacy

Sorry to be back with more 'biased facts' but yet another example of how leniently the courts treat drivers To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 02-07-2019, 07:44 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sorry to be back with more 'biased facts' but yet another example of how leniently the courts treat drivers To view the link you have to Register or Login
I'm intrigued as to why you are sorry.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I'm intrigued as to why you are sorry.
You may be missing a hint of sarcasm.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:57 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Some bike on bike action today. Stopped on a narrow road to allow and older lady cyclist plenty of room to pass, coming towards me. As she maneuvered through the gap, Lycra man came roaring down from behind me and missed her by a whisker. Selfish C*nt. And his arse really was too vast for the Lycra.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:02 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Another near miss.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:06 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
You may be missing a hint of sarcasm.
No, I wasn't. But clearly you were
Old 02-07-2019, 09:10 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
No, I wasn't. But clearly you were

Old 03-07-2019, 08:06 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
So cyclists start getting the full power of the law coming down on them for their arrogant and dangerous antics, antic they have been performing with impunity for years, and the usual suspects are now bleating about it being unfair. Hilarious.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:15 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
So cyclists start getting the full power of the law coming down on them for their arrogant and dangerous antics, antic they have been performing with impunity for years, and the usual suspects are now bleating about it being unfair. Hilarious.
Could you, just once, provide some facts or evidence to back up your assertions, rather than just lay your prejudices out for everyone to see?

Old 03-07-2019, 10:00 AM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That video footage is shocking. 20 months for scum like that is far too lenient.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Could you, just once, provide some facts or evidence to back up your assertions, rather than just lay your prejudices out for everyone to see?
Nope.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:45 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Crossing the road on Tooley Street outside London Bridge station the lights had been red for a good five seconds yet still some (three) wankers (one of them female too) insisted on cycling through the pedestrians at speed because they couldn't be bothered to slow down. I only managed to hurl abuse at them. One day i will put a stick in their spokes. As a cyclist and driver i really hate idiots who have no consideration for other road users.

SaulAlinsky