Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 08-10-2019, 06:29 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
More JB disciples

Old 08-10-2019, 06:32 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Donovani View Post
Caisterman, few if any drummers can hit those kind of rhythms!
So true my friend.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:32 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Didn't it all start here..Mod classic and the start of Funk.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:34 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old 08-10-2019, 06:40 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Old 08-10-2019, 06:43 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here

Old 08-10-2019, 06:43 PM
In Spain forever

nibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 08-10-2019, 06:46 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Old 08-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Pass me the Vongole

The other funkmaster...

Old 08-10-2019, 06:50 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Some truly excellent contributions here chaps, this one may run for a while
Old 08-10-2019, 07:03 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Some oldies but goodies..

Old 08-10-2019, 07:24 PM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Caisterman, few if any drummers can hit those kind of rhythms!
I used to be a drummer and there are nuances in his accents and ghost notes that are hard to get your head around. Even just small things in that solo I posted, like towards the end he hits three ghosts in succession with the accent being in the middle hit. I could spend the rest of my life practising to pull that tiny bit off and never succeed, but to him it was just some minor little flourish coming out of solo. Extraordinary drummer and massively influential in how music is today.

Last edited by justjuice; 08-10-2019 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:12 PM
Pass me the Vongole

JJ...Better or not as good as Bernard Pretty Purdie (of Purdey Shuffle fame) in your opinion?
Old 08-10-2019, 08:20 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Old 08-10-2019, 10:54 PM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
Quote:
JJ...Better or not as good as Bernard Pretty Purdie (of Purdey Shuffle fame) in your opinion?

That’s a tough question. They were friends and had a lot of respect for each other. I think Clyde was probably the better out and out funk drummer and had the biggest influence in popular music - arguably more than any other drummer when you think of whole genres developed from his sampled breaks (hip hop, jungle, DnB, breakbeat - and how those genres in turn influenced music in general). But Bernard Purdie was something else, the way he played he was at one with his instrument. I can’t think of another drummer with such a close connection with the kit, absolutely natural and effortless in every respect. So I would say Purdie is perhaps the better overall drummer, but Clyde was the funkiest drummer and unique.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:40 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Tend to agree. Clyde’s spare but funky style seemed to contain space between the beats that left you leaning forward, so to speak, anticipating the beats ahead. Only other dude (apart from Purdie) who played that way was Motown’s Funk Brother, Benny Benjamin.
Gotta love those breakbeats
Old 09-10-2019, 02:16 PM
In Spain forever

nibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Last edited by nibalama; 11-10-2019 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:16 PM
In Spain forever

USA soul scene late 77 very early 78
The three main US soul numbers in this period

LTD. An all time favourite

EWF

Con Funk Shun

Last edited by nibalama; 09-10-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Ohio Players - Fire (studio version)

OP - Fire (live)

Old 09-10-2019, 04:21 PM
Pass me the Vongole

The (very funky) Meters